Login    Register

Rear shocks (sorry!)

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Rear shocks (sorry!)

Postby Crockel » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:38 am

From the sounds and symptoms I am getting from the 1 and having read the experiences of others I suspect the rear shocks might be nearing the end. This is not a rare event sadly with the 1 I know!

They were replaced almost exactly 2 years ago and have covered 20k- better than some worse than others.

In an ideal world now is a good time to upgrade to a better made shock and I have read the recommendations in other threads.

Before I finally go down that route though in light of the age of the parts and the lowish mileage will I be able to get Subaru to change these under warranty? I thought I read once that they had a 3 yr/60k warranty on parts or did I imagine it? If I did imagine it what joy have people had getting Subaru to do the work for free/ at reduced cost?

Cheers

Lee
Crockel

Postby reesh » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:45 pm

don't think subaru will replace them under warranty unless you have an extended warranty.i'm sure the 3 year deal just came out about a year ago.if they don't replace them under warranty,take the cheapest option which is take the rear shocks of the car,clean them up and re-pack them with grease.this is the most common fault 9 times out of 10
reesh

Postby Azyman » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:40 pm

surely if it is a fault with the parts there must be some kind of consumer law out there. if it was only a handfull then maybe not

but no doubt there isnt :D
Regs
Geoff
Azyman

Return to Tech Help