Login    Register

Turbo inlet hose fitting Probs

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Turbo inlet hose fitting Probs

Postby WR1 WOZA » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:16 pm

Having major hassel with fitting a samco turbo inlet pipe !
Ive had 2 standard plastic type hose split so thought i would get the uprated one ! Is is just me or all 04 Sti and wr1 engine lay out a bad design the corner of the mannifold fixing point sits almost in front of the turbo causing an angle for the pipe to gett around and almost impossible to get the pipe on ! i have even filed a bit off the corner to ease the angle just about got the pipe on the other day and manifold back on but looking at it today it has sliped off again due to the stresson the pipe and even when it was on it looked kinked because of the angle it has to get around ! I would appreciate any help with this or suggestions on what to do about the problem of fitting the pipe ! On the standard pipe it has a bit of an angle at this point but silicon does not . :bang:
Always try and get to B from A very Quickly !
WR1 WOZA

Postby asperformance » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:35 pm

firstly have you definately got the correct pipe??

as to fitting we always remove the manifold complete and then remove/fit the pipe on the bench and then put the whole assembly on as one unit.........
ASPerformance
PFC BRAKES, PAGID, MOTUL, FERODO, BREMBO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA
online shop!!
asperformance

Postby WR1 WOZA » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:15 pm

As far as i know it is the correct pipe as i ordered it from Rcm ! We did remove the mannifold to get pipe on not fully tho just raised it enough to get the pipe in i will phone Rcm tmoz to check they have sent correct pipe anyway. Should the correct pipe have a bit of an angle on the end that connects to the turbo are they a pain normaly to get on or is my turbo not in the correct position . On the APS inlet metal pipe system they supply a silicon fitting that seems to get around this problem bit like an sbend onto turbo !
here is the problem looking from top
Always try and get to B from A very Quickly !
WR1 WOZA

Return to Tech Help