Stereo

Postby Foley » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:09 pm

Bought a new stereo for the wr1,

How does the old one come out?

Cheers j
Focus ST's rule!!!
Foley

Postby John Mc » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:07 pm

if you stick your hand up the exhaust (make sure it isn't hot) and wiggle your hand a bit, you should feel the releasing bolts for the stereo. You have to remove it via the turbo so be careful when you remove the intercooler :lol:

Seriously, it comes out through the air vents.
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby eck » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:06 pm

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:if you stick your hand up the exhaust (make sure it isn't hot) and wiggle your hand a bit, you should feel the releasing bolts for the stereo. You have to remove it via the turbo so be careful when you remove the intercooler :lol:

Seriously, it comes out through the air vents.

Cheeky bsatard :D
The WR1 be safe in the knowledge that, short of strapping yourself to an Acme rocket, there's no quicker way to get from A to B.
eck

Postby Micktype WR1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:03 pm

You've gotta larf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D
Micktype WR1

Postby WR 1mposter » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:38 pm

Was along time ago an our car is in Bristol still, IIRC take off the 3 heater control knobs, they just pull off, give the surround a tug or get something that will help you prise it off , it's just clipped on, the stereo is screwed in........

Or there are 2 holes either side on the stereo(most stereo have this), if you dont have the keys that fit in them use 4 thinnish pot rivit stems or sommit simlar to help release the locking clips and it should pull out !

If neither of the above are not right I've signed a disclaimer :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Foley » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:13 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:Was along time ago an our car is in Bristol still, IIRC take off the 3 heater control knobs, they just pull off, give the surround a tug or get something that will help you prise it off , it's just clipped on, the stereo is screwed in........

Or there are 2 holes either side on the stereo(most stereo have this), if you dont have the keys that fit in them use 4 thinnish pot rivit stems or sommit simlar to help release the locking clips and it should pull out !

Cheers martin got it done today, What a difference with just upgrading the stereo,

Any idear when your car will be finished martin?
Focus ST's rule!!!
Foley

Postby WR 1mposter » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:27 pm

Foley wrote:
WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:Was along time ago an our car is in Bristol still, IIRC take off the 3 heater control knobs, they just pull off, give the surround a tug or get something that will help you prise it off , it's just clipped on, the stereo is screwed in........

Cheers martin got it done today, What a difference with just upgrading the stereo,

Any idear when your car will be finished martin?

Xmas 2011 :cry:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby MaverickUK82 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:10 pm

What stereo did you go for Foley?

My 1's in Peter Doidge's, Great Yarmouth having new speakers, amp and 12'' sub professionally fitted. Picking it up tonight!

hopefully should sound the tits. Cost £1000 all in.

Fitted a new clarion head unit almost as soon as I got the car.
MaverickUK82

Postby eck » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:09 pm

MaverickUK82 wrote:What stereo did you go for Foley?

My 1's in Peter Doidge's, Great Yarmouth having new speakers, amp and 12'' sub professionally fitted. Picking it up tonight!

Don't go for a beer in the Albion by any chance do you?
The WR1 be safe in the knowledge that, short of strapping yourself to an Acme rocket, there's no quicker way to get from A to B.
eck

Postby MaverickUK82 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:40 pm

I have been known to frequent the Albion occasionally...

Do you know Great Yarmouth then?
MaverickUK82

Postby eck » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:54 pm

MaverickUK82 wrote:I have been known to frequent the Albion occasionally...

Do you know Great Yarmouth then?

Auntie used to stay in Admirality Rd (scuse the spelling) opposite the old gas tanks. I used to go on holidays 30+ years ago. Also used a guest house on Nelson Rd North.

Then first trip offshore was flying out of Yarmuff 16 years ago, still get the odd job down there. Good mate of mine uses the Albion although if it is a weekend will try to get a night in Norwich for obvious reasons :wink:
eck

Postby Foley » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:51 pm

MaverickUK82 wrote:What stereo did you go for Foley?

I just got the Kenwood DPX503U,

Next thing on my list is to upgrade my speakers,
Focus ST's rule!!!
Foley

Return to Tech Help