Login    Register

Decat help.

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Decat help.

Postby Redrobbersdog » Sat May 30, 2009 11:47 am

MOT time has just been and gone and everything was all ok apart from the emissions. On the fast idle test the co failed but overall the car has passed. This has got me thinking about a remap and decat preferably with the original centre and back boxes. Is there a decat pipe that will allow me to do this and how will it effect the MOT for next year also do you still use the lambda probes or do you use bungs??

I live in west Manchester and wouldn't mind some feedback on somebody to do a remap local or do I travel and use Bob Rawle for example? Lots of questions but it has to be right at the end of the day.

Cheers
Redrobbersdog

Postby The Swede » Sat May 30, 2009 4:46 pm

I just kicked everything out (cats, sensors, etc), straight pipe from the engine to the one back box (HKS, with a bung for long distance driving).

Car sounds better, antilag can be switched on, uses way less fuel and with a simple remap I got 400bhp.

For the MOT, just plug it into the car next to it :wink:
The Swede

Postby CAVEMAN » Sat May 30, 2009 5:50 pm

you would need to keep hold of the cat for MOT, I think. You don't need one to pass an MOT, but you need to have the emissions low enough to pass, and for that I am sure even the best remap would not do this.

I have kept the complete system to swap back every year. As I am fairly sure it won't pass as is.

You can always get the work done and take it to a garage to check your emissions then you know for sure.

I am also pretty sure a standard ECU does not support antilag...even with the Ecutek re-flash. You will need a new ECU like Simtek, Solaris, Gems or Motec etc...

Definatley worth it though....there is nothing like it. I would pay the 1000 pounds to hear the pop and bang echo through the forests any day!!
CAVEMAN

Postby WR 1mposter » Sun May 31, 2009 9:42 pm

Our car has just passed mot ....fitted with a decat and was just under the emmisions level :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Return to Tech Help