Login    Register

VF35 Compressor Map

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
VF35 Compressor Map

Postby CAVEMAN » Fri May 29, 2009 6:39 am

I am wanting to do a bit of math based on the standard cars set up, using a few excel files I have found on the net.

Trouble is for this to work I need the compressor map of the standard turbo to be used as the background watermark.

Anybody have this info??

Starting to get more into this tuning malarky in greater detail and would like to understand more before I start tinkering with my Simtek software!!

cheers boys
CAVEMAN

Postby The Swede » Fri May 29, 2009 10:04 am

Can't you just download the standard one that is now on the car and use it?

Otherwise, there are quite a few maps available on the internet. I downloaded the standard FQ320 map a while ago on 'mappinggeek' or something.
The Swede

Postby CAVEMAN » Fri May 29, 2009 1:08 pm

the car is standard apart from the usual exhaust, filter etc...

However I do have the Simtek ECU fitted and it has been mapped already and I have this saved on my laptop.

The trouble is I am getting itchy fingers with the software and want to play a little and start learning the mapping stuff, without blowing something up!!

So I thought it best to start with the theory...I know swept volume of cylinders and rough VE of engine, I can find out air density and air temp easily enough...its just the turbo side of things I don't know much about.

Having this info I can generate a rough map based on maths...I can then see how close my theory is to whats already in the car.

Or if anyone knows Simtek and can give me a few pointers of the stuff to tweak and keep an eye on whilst I am doing it.
CAVEMAN

Postby The Swede » Fri May 29, 2009 1:57 pm

I've done some playing with the map of the Evo getting advice from one of the MLR guys.

I have no clue of the SIMTek stuff though.

If you want, I can check with one of the guys I know in Oulu who's supposed to be one of the nest mappers in the country. He's a professor at the University and does mapping as a hobby.
The Swede

Postby CAVEMAN » Fri May 29, 2009 2:31 pm

I just need some pointers really...or the right books to get reading up on.

Without a 4wd rolling road or dyno, it will be hard to tell if I am going in the right direction or not. I like to be scientific at these things.

Plus a new turbo, FMIC and some engine goodies will be on the cards hopefully so will wait for the 'proper' mapping to be done then.

for now I am just playing...
CAVEMAN

Postby The Swede » Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

CAVEMAN wrote:I just need some pointers really...or the right books to get reading up on.

Without a 4wd rolling road or dyno, it will be hard to tell if I am going in the right direction or not. I like to be scientific at these things.

Plus a new turbo, FMIC and some engine goodies will be on the cards hopefully so will wait for the 'proper' mapping to be done then.

for now I am just playing...

You don't need a book.

Just put the field "boost" to 2.3 and the revlimter at 9000.

Works fine.
The Swede

Postby Gee Wr1 » Fri May 29, 2009 4:27 pm

Dynamix would be able to help you as he was learning mapping last year & doing his own but not seen him on for a week or two.
Gee Wr1

Postby CAVEMAN » Sat May 30, 2009 8:19 am

The Swede wrote:You don't need a book.

Just put the field "boost" to 2.3 and the revlimter at 9000.

Works fine.

If only it was that easy!! :lol:
CAVEMAN

Postby The Swede » Sat May 30, 2009 5:19 pm

It's easier than standing a Finnish woman.
The Swede

Return to Tech Help