Login    Register

dvd

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
dvd

Postby jimbo » Sun May 01, 2005 3:13 pm

im trying to fit a kenwood ddx7025 dvd/cd unit and the instruction manual tells me to fit the green parking sensor wire to the cars parking brake detection switch, does any of you know if i really need to connect this wire or will the dvd work without it connected. if i do have to connect it though, where the bloody hell is the vehicles parking brake detection switch!

cheers :lol:
jimbo

Postby Ant » Sun May 01, 2005 7:11 pm

I would guess its to stop u watching dvd's while on the move and if you don't connect the wire the dvd player will assume that the handbrake is not on and therefore won't work, the hand brake switch is under the center consel attached on a bracket on the body of the handbrake.
Ant,

Had an my99 uk classic,

Then got P1 (0329),

Then got a brand new WR1 (092),

Then got a my00 UK Classic,

Then got another P1 (0488), Now Sold.
Ant

dvd

Postby jimbo » Sun May 01, 2005 9:44 pm

thanks for that mate i thought it would be something like that. at least i aint got to rip the car apart now lookin for the handbrake switch!

cheers :woohoo:
jimbo

Postby Boo » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:29 pm

How is the Kenwood? This is what I'm thinking of fitting with the tv and sat nav options. Any comments.
Boo

Postby jimbo » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:27 pm

its a fantastic bit of kit - highly recommended & fairly straightforward to fit (you do need a wiring harness adaptor thingy though - i have a spare one if anyone needs it!), i havent got the sat nav & tv tuner fitted though - may do at a later date. i got mine from dabs.com (
jimbo

Return to Tech Help