Login    Register

Brake Dilemma

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Brake Dilemma

Postby welshWR1 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:12 pm

I need some brake advice!

I drive an '08 Focus 1.8tdci 115ps on a daily basis. . . . .not by choice-it's a company car! I only drive my WR1 on special occasions, and therefore don't cover a big mileage. What I have found is that when I jump from the focus into the WR1, I find an overwhelming difference in power, and handling, however, only minor a difference in braking performance.

I have now decided to change that, and improve my anchors. I've looked at changing the disks to brembo cross-drilled, or ebc grooved, complete with red/green/yellow stuff pads & braided lines etc. Would I gain much by doing this, or do I need to resort to upgrading calipers & disks.

Can someone tell me the pro's and cons of doing this, and also give me examples of what you have done to your WR1, and how much it costs? (pictures would be nice too)

Thanks
welshWR1

Postby WR 1mposter » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:37 pm

A few of us have "ap racing brakes"
front 6 pot calipers 355 discs
rear 4 pot calipers 330 discs

at a guess around 3k fitted maybe more or less
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby swrtno1 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi, I have got performance friction discs on the front and ebc grooved on the rear with pf pads all round and braided hoses.

Only use my 1 at the weekends and i noticed a diffrence in stopping power straght away with the pf discs and pads. My front discs all the pads and hoses were supplied from tsl motorsport and the rear discs supplied from ebc direct. Brakes fully fitted cost me about £1300, I think :?

Many people on here have the ap racing on the front and rear and belive these to be the dog bollocks! must say they look 8) on the 1 with the big red calipers! would love to get them for mine :D
IF IN DOUT, FLAT OUT!!!
COLIN McRAE R.I.P
swrtno1

Return to Tech Help