Login    Register

warning light on

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
warning light on

Postby wr1.305 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:51 pm

as some of you know i bourt martins (imposters) old aps turbo, induction kit, power enterprise 660cc injectors. i also bourt a full RCM exhaust. these parts have been fitted. and the car is awaiting DSA to map it on the 27th march. however ive run the car up the road on two occations as the car has been stood scince august. the first time i stayed off boost, and the second went sighty on to it. forgot myself for a moment!!! i started the car tonight and noticed it sounded winney and tappy. the engine warning light is also on. any ideas?? because i went onto boost 5.000rpm have i shaged it?? :cry:
wr1.305

Postby WR 1mposter » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:19 pm

WTF !

I did tell you not to drive until remap, If you needed too off boost only.

You may be lucky and have put it into safe mode, but i don't know if it makes the car run like you say !
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby The Swede » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:32 pm

You should be lucky and have just an electronic problem.

In the end, you put different pieces of hardware on the car and did not tell the ECU that about the changes.

Worst case, you buggered the turbo. Although it would be unlikely that a turbo dies just of going on boost once.

Question: Why the hell did you not take it for mapping earlier and/or did you need to drive it anyway? :mad:
The Swede

Postby wr1.305 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:59 pm

:qoute: Question: Why the hell did you not take it for mapping earlier and/or did you need to drive it anyway?

because simply put..... im a twat. the reasom why its taken so long is because i have to work my ass off craming in every hour of overtime i can to just even run it. so its taken me a long time to get the funds together to afford map. DSA are having her on the 27th march for a good check over then map. fingers crossed i got away with it. else its going to be sat in the stable for a very long time.
wr1.305

Postby hightower » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:15 pm

shit dude hope it turns out ok.
Gracing the drive.....BMW M3 E92 with all the toys!/Integra DC5/ Integra DC2 race car/BMW X5
gone...Impreza RB320 No 112
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Seat Leon Cupra 225
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Return to Tech Help