Login    Register

DCCD

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
DCCD

Postby Foley » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:14 am

Cant someone tell me the best setting to have this on, Mines is always on auto, I don't have a owners manual so whats the best setting to have this on?
Cheers j
Focus ST's rule!!!
Foley

Postby Azyman » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:13 am

hi Foley

there is a post some where on here explaining it do a search

i have mine set all the way in the green
Regs
Geoff
Azyman

Postby RobinSherwood » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:30 am

I think the simple answer is that for everyday driving the best setting is 'Auto'.

There are certain circumstances which are outlined in the detailed thread mentioned above where different settings can help but I can probably count on the fingers of one had the occasions when I have driven either my WR1 or my current Spec D in anything other than Auto. By way of example my Spec D was in Auto for all it's handling runs at Scooby Shootout last year..... and if it can handle that Auto mode can pretty much hadle anything. HTH
RobinSherwood

Postby Gee Wr1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:32 pm

Do a search this has been discussed a few times now.

I have mine set to manual fully open (bottom green square) 99% of the time which is more rear biased. Personally i hate auto mode. Auto works by having the diff open like the bottom green in manual but it has it's own ecu that senses & decides when & where it needs to send some power through the front diff.

It really depends on what kinda roads you drive on, auto works well on smooth flat roads but if you drive on bumpy twisty roads(like most roads here in the highlands) with cambers auto is a complete pig to use. I've had a few scary moments using auto when i first got the car where it suddenly puts power to the front diff & the nose suddenly snatches to one side. Have had it happen mid corner where it nearly pulled me into the ditch & even when overtaking crossing the white line the diff snatched & nearly pulled me into the car i was about to pass. I find it unpredictable.

If you have snow or a lot of standing water on the road put it forward into orange squares, the further up the orange you go the more power you are sending to the front & top orange (Lock) is 50/50 power split between front / rear. BUT make sure when you come to junctions or slow speed manoeuvres you turn the diff back to bottom green or auto or you'll hear the most horrible noises as the diff binds as it struggles to go round the corner & will judder & even stop the car, it will sound like you've broke something but don't worry you haven't.
Gee Wr1

Postby Megaman » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:12 pm

See my experiences/guide to DCCD here

http://www.wr1oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9213&highlight=dccd

Cheers

Megaman
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Foley » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:46 pm

Thanks guys just done a search and found out what i need to know 8)
Last edited by Foley on Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Focus ST's rule!!!
Foley

Postby Foley » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:47 pm

Megaman wrote:See my experiences/guide to DCCD here

http://www.wr1oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9213&highlight=dccd

Cheers

Megaman

Good write up mate :)
Focus ST's rule!!!
Foley

Postby Micktype WR1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:29 pm

Well written Gee. Explains it really well.
Micktype WR1

Return to Tech Help