Login    Register

i concide... i need HELP!!!

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
i concide... i need HELP!!!

Postby wr1.305 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:02 pm

ok ... scince august my wr1 has been off the road. i bourt some simple but effective mods off of martain. i bourt his APS SR40 tuby, APS CAIK, and power enterprise 660cc injectors. as well as this i found a bargin on ebay .. a full SS RCM exhaust system. £350!! 6 months old! so it sounds easy.. get the parts fitted and get a re-map. well its not quiet been that simple!! ........

in the jult floods in 2007 i owned a 03 sti, wr blue. sadly she died in the floods. bent conrods and wet air flow sensors etc. all contributed to a full engine rebuild. a guy at work had recommend that i speak to toby about the job. a highly decorated X subaru mechanic. i had heard his name menchond before around the pubs. so trusting in my friends advice i had the sti rebuild. nothing fancy just standard. but while she was aparts had the clutch changed etc... just seemed to make scence. the work was spot on no problems. the advice i had recived had been justified by his great work.
driving to have my hair cut one day i spot a wr1 sat on the forcourt of cross roads garage. while haveing my mop chopped i decide "f**k it" ill have a look. stopped off on the way home and took a look at the 1! ...fell in love and bourt it.
that brings me up to date....
on speaking to matain a number of months ago i find out he was selling the above parts. so decide to buy them and give the 1 a bit more ummmphf.

i go back to toby!!!...big mistake!
these BOLT ON items as i call them ... have been causing prblems
basically hes not intrested...it took him 3 months to fit the bloody parts! following on from this he threaded the main oil feed banjo bolt!! and ground out a half moon around the middle?? its taken me 6 F**King weeks to get a new one! (thats a whole new story) i had my front spliter sprayed the same colour as the car in august! 160 QUID!! now fooked cuz he grounded it out on a speed bump! also ... no seat covers! oil and mud on the drivers seat!
i also found out it was left out side at his mate back road garage ..where it turns out he has had cars stolen and burnt out!
that was the last straw for me... i got the wr1 back to find it in this state!!

so ....
NOTE the metal filings around the tuby! ive given it to a decent machanic.
who has striped it, and removed any foren bodys, popd her back together PROPERLY! the next step was ECU, money is starting to get tight. so things are on hold for a month or two. but watch this space. just wanted to share this pants experiance with you and let you take the P**S out of one sorry looking WR1.
wr1.305

Postby Azyman » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:47 pm

well from what i understand from this post i am shocked or even stunned
:shock:
Regs
Geoff
Azyman

Postby Micktype WR1 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:17 pm

Kev, didn't that contact we found at jpoc make you a replacement banjo bolt ? He was going to ring him the next day ??????
Did you even hear anything from Maddicks as he was going to ask JEM (James)
Micktype WR1

Postby WR1 WOZA » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:30 am

Sorry to hear about your bad experience :!:
I think i would have given him one mighty kick in the bollox :!:
He sounds like a complete twat :!:
Always try and get to B from A very Quickly !
WR1 WOZA

Postby wr1.305 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:58 am

Micktype WR1 wrote:Kev, didn't that contact we found at jpoc make you a replacement banjo bolt ? He was going to ring him the next day ??????
Did you even hear anything from Maddicks as he was going to ask JEM (James)

maddicks f*cked off with my banjo bolt and was never seen or heard of again!! which pissed me off!
wr1.305

Postby hightower » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:33 pm

fooking hell,

hope you manage to get it all sorted dude!!

then get some SPM factor in

(smiles per miles)
Gracing the drive.....BMW M3 E92 with all the toys!/Integra DC5/ Integra DC2 race car/BMW X5
gone...Impreza RB320 No 112
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Seat Leon Cupra 225
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Postby rocko » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Holly Crap ... hope you get it sorted soon...

I glad i saved up and had mine done in stages .. Buy RCM.. not the cheapest ..

But No Broken Heart ...
rocko

Postby Gee Wr1 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:32 pm

:shock: Gutting read Kev :cry:
At least you have it back in your hands now & hopefully get it all sorted out soon.

Don't mean to be hard saying this but always remember the saying "If you pay peanuts you'll get monkeys"
Gee Wr1

Return to Tech Help