Login    Register

WANTED WR1

What are you after?

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
WANTED WR1

Postby Woodysut » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:37 am

I want to spend about 12k for the right car max of 60k miles, I'm hopefully viewing one on sat #240 so I'd like to keep my options open thanks
Woodysut

Re: WANTED WR1

Postby W1 KRB » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:31 am

Are you the chap that was asking on scooby net and couldn't get authorised for this site?
W1 KRB

Postby Woodysut » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:03 am

Yes that's me. I test drove a white sti from Cheshire performance last week I already read up about them before hand so I could get a feel of how they drove (four wheel drift out of a roundabout) I think the car had been in a bad crash the rear off side wheel wasn't visibly in line with the front lol
Woodysut

Postby W1 KRB » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:05 am

Haha sounds about right from them, scooby net is awful, I noticed everyone jumping on you're thread "buy a spec c" blah blah blah, idiots
W1 KRB

Postby Woodysut » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:21 am

Yes if I'd wanted a spec c id have posted that. I'd have bought the 1 you posted the other week if my funds had been in place I think it was on gumtree
Last edited by Woodysut on Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodysut

Postby W1 KRB » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:29 am

Yea you missed a good one there mste
W1 KRB

Postby weirdfish » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:37 am

#38 will be for sale soon, I just need to sort some decent pics out.
It's not quite at 28K miles, so it will be above your budget, but good luck with your search.
weirdfish

Postby Gary75 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:09 am

Woodysut wrote:I want to spend about 12k for the right car max of 60k miles, I'm hopefully viewing one on sat #240 so I'd like to keep my options open thanks

Just to add if your going to spend 12k, max 60k miles that car needs nothing doing to it. if it requires tyres, new suspension or suspension worn, new pads or discs kiss good by to another 2k........ of your hard earned cash. Dont let mileage put you off, if the car has been meticulously maintained then the mileage shouldnt be an issue. I value mine at 13K 64379 miles but nothing needs doing, buy and drive, come and view mine first to get an idea on value and trust me this will give you a bench mark on what to buy and steer clear of.
Gary75

Postby weirdfish » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:44 am

Gary75 wrote:
Woodysut wrote:I want to spend about 12k for the right car max of 60k miles, I'm hopefully viewing one on sat #240 so I'd like to keep my options open thanks

Just to add if your going to spend 12k, max 60k miles that car needs nothing doing to it. if it requires tyres, new suspension or suspension worn, new pads or discs kiss good by to another 2k........ of your hard earned cash. Dont let mileage put you off, if the car has been meticulously maintained then the mileage shouldnt be an issue. I value mine at 13K 64379 miles but nothing needs doing, buy and drive, come and view mine first to get an idea on value and trust me this will give you a bench mark on what to buy and steer clear of.

Blimey, I'd better rethink my asking price!
weirdfish

Postby Woodysut » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:47 am

Weird fish how much are you looking for and could you send me the full history and any other details, where are you thanks
Woodysut

Postby WR1 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:16 am

I'd consider letting mine go for 14k. 40k FSH, lots of subtle but sensible mods AP Racing Brakes, Whitline, Milltek, Oil Cooler, Racedynamix map - last serviced Feb 2015 with Millers fluid's all round (inc dif and brake). New performance friction pads also fitted. Body is mint. Only driven with covers on seats. Purchased from a fellow WR1 club member. Surrey.
Prodrive - RaceDynamix 346 bhp - WhiteLine - AP Racing - Milltek - Cosworth
WR1

Postby W1 KRB » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:23 am

I don't think the prices on these are as strong at the mo, S4lford proved that trying to sell my old car with 44k on the clock, had to sell to a dealer in the end cos he needed rid of it
W1 KRB

Postby Woodysut » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:41 am

Yes some top prices on here
Woodysut

Postby weirdfish » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:44 am

W1 KRB wrote:I don't think the prices on these are as strong at the mo, S4lford proved that trying to sell my old car with 44k on the clock, had to sell to a dealer in the end cos he needed rid of it

You've hit the nail on the head, if you need rid of the car then you'll have to take a hit, but most of us have them as second, or even third cars, so they can just sit there until the right price is achieved.
It's the reason I took mine off the market last time, some real stupid offers were being made, plus I had a couple of tyre kickers who just wanted a drive in one.
weirdfish

Postby WR1 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:41 am

Start of the year is always going to be the worst time of year to sell. S4lfords has been snapped from dealer @ 14k. Mine is a 4th car I'm in no rush to sell, more that if some one wants an example of the standard I have then thats my sale price. I'm not haggling. Incidentally this type of car will be on the up. Look at cossie prices. They wont make machines like this no more and the why things are going they are all blurring into the grey with the same kind of power output, same performance (which the WR1 was chucking out a decade ago) and they are all beginning to look the same as well. A scooby is a scooby, it's not refined, it's not german - but it bloody good fun. It's a limited edition with a motorsport heritage as to the reason they built it. Mine will not be leaving me for less. I also dont know exactly what I would get for 14k which could replace it. Price is all subjective and relative. I'm sure you will get cheaper ones. I got my first for £5800, bit of a mental price. I dont necessarily think your wrong, just my perspective. Lots of words - I will need a nap.
WR1

Postby Gary75 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:36 pm

weirdfish wrote:
Gary75 wrote:

Blimey, I'd better rethink my asking price!

Not necessarily, im just anal about what i buy, if someones asking top dollar for a car for example, i dont want to be spending money straight away on new tyres, brakes, suspension, servicing etc, If the car is advertised as mint or pristine i expect that when i arrive, not some shed on wheels.

Buy all means put a good price on, but if i turned up for instance and the tyres were shot or near the end of life i would be knocking £600 off your price there and then, the same goes for anything else that needed doing...Dont give the buyer any ammuntion to knock money off your investment / pride and joy :thumb:
Gary75

Postby WR1 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:42 pm

Forgot to mention the new boots - Federal RSRs all round less then 50 miles on them :D
WR1

Return to Wanted