Login    Register

Standard shocks, springs

What are you after?

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Standard shocks, springs

Postby bid » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:32 am

Bit of a long shot I know, but does anyone have a set of standard shocks and springs they'd be willing to sell?
bid

Re: Standard shocks, springs

Postby Azyman » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:52 pm

bid wrote:Bit of a long shot I know, but does anyone have a set of standard shocks and springs they'd be willing to sell?

I have a full set, undecided if I am looking to sell them, what you offering ?
Regs
Geoff
Azyman

Postby bid » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:17 am

Sent you a pm mate
bid

Postby WR1 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:58 am

I'm thinking of putting coilovers on mine. I did a track day in it and the back end goes really light under breaking. I know thats an obvious statement, but I think the 'stanced' set up of the WR1 may contribute to that further.
Prodrive - RaceDynamix 346 bhp - WhiteLine - AP Racing - Milltek - Cosworth
WR1

Postby Gary75 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:22 pm

I cant comment on track experience with coilovers, but road use was shite... i mean shite. I had exe-tc fast road set up on mine, long sweeping bends a speed was a no no. The coilovers were fitted by a very reputable company, so the job was done right, the set up was done on numerous occassions until i finally through the towel in, the cost for immodium was getting out of hand.... :puke:

I fiited standard KYB ULTRA SR shocks all round after suffering 2 years on coilovers, this transformed the car, i can now go through sweeping bends and a joy to drive...Prodrive had the right set up first time me thinks :!: try a thicker sway bar before wasting your money on coilovers, better still fit the KYB ULTRA 30% stiffer than the standard ones and dosen't compromise ride, you wont be disapponited.. :thumb:

My opinion, dont do it.
Gary75

Postby weirdfish » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:23 pm

If you're going to fit after market suspension to your car then it needs to be fully adjustable, not only ride height, but rebound and compression as well.
You will never get suspension straight out of the box to suit, not only your car, but also the driver, as everyone drives differently, I had KW variant 3 on my bmw z3mcoupe, fully adj, and it took ages to dial in the right settings, but once dialled in, it's awesome.
So don't believe all the hype from manufacturers when you're doing your research, read what people are saying that have actually fitted the stuff to their cars, much more reliable, and it's a lot more fun when you're dialling it in.
weirdfish

Return to Wanted