Login    Register

Chirpy D/V

What are you after?

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Chirpy D/V

Postby WR 1mposter » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:51 pm

any one know where i can get one of these?
they sound like the ones the WRC rally cars use :thumb:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:52 am

Turbo smart do one ... it's fully adjustable and sounds the nuts ... I know because I have one :D 8) IT also comes with an uprated waste gate thingy.

Give Jon Mathers or Ben Shimin a call (Crossroads Subaru Garage) on 01608 661544, tell them you know Rob Palmer (thats me) and that you are interested in the turbo-smart rally chatter dump valve I have on my WR1 ... they will sort you right out matey!

:D
Gangsta Smurf

Postby Gee Wr1 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:47 pm

Thats not the dump valve u hear chirping on a WRC car it's the noise of air rushing back over the turbo blades when throttle is lifted stalling it. WRC cars don't run D/V's they have wastegates on the turbo that give the woosh sound when they dump boost.
Sounds cool but running no D/V means turbo rebuilds all the time as it destroys turbos, ok if u have a WRC budget.

Some D/V's do sound more of a chirp than a woosh though. HKS one is pretty chirppy Girlfriends Bro has one of these & does sound good.
Gee Wr1

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:17 pm

Gee ... the turbo smart dump valve has some sort of modifed waste gate attachment which fires air backwards to create the chattering effect below 4,500 rpm ... above that is makes a massive chirp and whoosh.

top quality bit of kit.
Gangsta Smurf

Postby WR 1mposter » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:05 pm

Gangsta Smurf wrote:Turbo smart do one ... it's fully adjustable and sounds the nuts ... I know because I have one :D 8) IT also comes with an uprated waste gate thingy.

Give Jon Mathers or Ben Shimin a call (Crossroads Subaru Garage) on 01608 661544, tell them you know Rob Palmer (thats me) and that you are interested in the turbo-smart rally chatter dump valve I have on my WR1 ... they will sort you right out matey!

:D

Cheers Rob
spoke to Jon today, its being ordered Monday, they'll even fit it if i can get there on time after WRC-Tech on Friday :ok:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Gee Wr1 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:50 pm

Gangsta Smurf wrote:Gee ... the turbo smart dump valve has some sort of modifed waste gate attachment which fires air backwards to create the chattering effect below 4,500 rpm ... above that is makes a massive chirp and whoosh.

top quality bit of kit.

Sorry Rob hadn't heard of this. Sounds cool, think i need to hear one of these in action! The chirppy rally car sound is what i always wanted on my scoobs but after finding out how rally cars do this thought oh well never going to sound like them :(
Wasn't going to bother with a d/v on this car was gonna stick with recirc but could be tempted if it sounds like you say.
Got any sound clips of it?

Cheers

Gee
Gee Wr1

Return to Wanted