Login    Register

WR1 for sale - no 356

Post your stuff for sale here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
WR1 for sale - no 356

Postby pete_griff » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:47 pm

:cry: i really dont want to do this, but this weekend i decided that the car is costing me too much to run.

I do lots of long journeys at the weekends as im in the forces, i go home more or less every weekend and drive somewhere nearly all the time to go on the piss as hereford is crap! i really cant justify what the scooby is costing me to run so it has to go.

I saved up for years to get the car am im gutted to get rid of it, but i'm off to afghanistan for 6 months in feb as well and i dont want it to just sit there while im gone

The car -

I am the second owner from new - the first owner was a WOMAN :shock:
- NO HONESTLY i even rang her up to confirm and sure enough it was hers

Car is totally standard, save the speakers have been changed and it's absolutely immaculate - no marks/scratches anywhere and no kerbing on the wheels at all.

The tyres are nearly new, I have a set of front and rear ferrodo ds2500's ready to go on as the fronts are nearly dead. I also have a set of NGK-R PFR6B spark plugs that can be put in the next time it goes to the dealer for a service.

I have always run the car on V-Power, and as of a few months ago i started to keep the receipts just to prove this!

It has done just over 19k and has a full dealer service history

I run it on Mobil 1 15/50 supersyn and will throw in what I have left, I also have several of the little millers octane booster additives to throw in which i kept in case of emergencies.

Through a friend i may be able to get hold of some foglight covers (in colour obviously) for it as well-this remains to be seen, but im pretty sure that i will get them

The car will be 3 years old the middle of this month, so it will also come with a years MOT.

I really cant emphasise enough how mint the car is, im unbelievably gutted to see it go after such a relatively short period of owning it, but i cant justify keeping it anymore.

Any questions/queries feel free to PM - Pete
I live in Hereford by the way, but spend the week down in Bulford (near Salisbury)

Looking for IVO
Last edited by pete_griff on Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
Griff
pete_griff

Postby danr55 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:32 pm

did the previous owner live in Didcot? :lol:
danr55
Site Owner

Postby pete_griff » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:06 pm

unsure mate - why can you shed any light on the car's history before I had it?.....

I think she was called Caroline Metcalfe - can't remember off hand and I havent got the V5 to hand right now

Like I said though, I rang up and was told that I shouldn't have anything to worry about on the car.
Griff
pete_griff

Postby bbigman2000 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:39 am

Pete, pics always help a sale, and you could state if you have the Tax disc holder, the key ring and the plaque for inside etc, all these things are important to a WR1 buyer.
Previously: Everything With 4 Wheels over 300bhp

Currently: M6 (57) & Hilux Invincible (60)
bbigman2000

Postby pete_griff » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:25 pm

Hey sorry should have made the ad more clear - i have the tax disk holder and the plaque in the car. Unfortunately dont have the keyring though as it never came with the car when i bought it. Will try & get some pics up before long - goin away for a week now, so been busy getting ready 4 that - may have to wait till next weekend now...

Anymore questions are more than welcome
Griff
pete_griff

here's some pics 4u all...

Postby pete_griff » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:22 pm

Sorry lads, but the car has already sold and the new owner asked me to take the pictures off so he didnt fall victim to number plate fraud. Thanks very much to all those who showed interest though, and thanks very much for the advice with selling it (bbigman2000) :thumb:

Very sad to watch it drive away but I know its for the best at the moment.

Thanks once again fellas
Last edited by pete_griff on Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Griff
pete_griff

Postby pete_griff » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:36 pm

as i hope the pics reflect - the car is spotless inside and out. Anymore interest/questions etc are more than welcome....

(many thanks by the way to my friend mark who let me use his photobucket account :thumb: )
Griff
pete_griff

Postby dougie549 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:52 pm

Hi Pete

That looks a very tidy Wr1 and very keenly priced if i may add.

Does it still have the Keyring that came with it from the dealers?

Good luck with the sale M8

Dougie
dougie549

Postby cgarcia » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:10 pm

Hi Dougie,

Long time no speak. This WR1 is SOLD by the looks of Pete_griffs second to last post.
RB5 WR (50)
P1 (341)
MR-FQ340 (071)
WR1 (175)
cgarcia

Re: here's some pics 4u all...

Postby WR 1mposter » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:48 pm

pete_griff wrote:Sorry lads, but the car has already sold and the new owner asked me to take the pictures off so he didnt fall victim to number plate fraud. Thanks very much to all those who showed interest though, and thanks very much for the advice with selling it (bbigman2000) :thumb:

Very sad to watch it drive away but I know its for the best at the moment.

Thanks once again fellas

Sad to see you go Pete !
Do log on from time to time alwayswelcome here :wink:

Hope you told the new owner about us too :D
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby dougie549 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:36 pm

Hi M8

Thats just typical i miss part of the thread 8) :lol: 8) Nowt changes with me.

So hows tricks?

Dougie
dougie549

Postby cgarcia » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:55 pm

Im fine, still enjoying scooby ownership. Do you still have the P1? My P1 flew past me the other day and it still looks in great shape, its a nice feeling when you see your ex motor being well cared for, I almost chased him down the road for a chat but he doesnt know who i am so i decided against it. Probably just think im some kind of nut.
RB5 WR (50)
P1 (341)
MR-FQ340 (071)
WR1 (175)
cgarcia

Postby dougie549 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:05 pm

Hi M8

Some kind of Nut, he would be right then :roll: :twisted: :roll:

Yip still got the P1, but i am still wanting a Wr1 just cant decide if it is the right move and if i will love it as much as the P1.

Cant see me going for anything other than a Special edition ( Well not the Rb320).

Got to see how money goes aswell now as Diana and i had our First child last week so playing safe just now M8

Cheers Dougie :twisted: :roll: :twisted:
dougie549

Return to For Sale