Login    Register

#396 For Sale ***Price Dropped***

Post your stuff for sale here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
#396 For Sale ***Price Dropped***

Postby Loco2527 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi All,

Well, after no interest in the car whatsoever at the price I had, I guess I need to drop the price. Unfortunately, I could do with the money rather soonish, so drastic measures I am afraid:

£10,995, or offers. This is very low, but I need her gone. She just isn't being driven at the moment.

Unfortunately, it is time for me to sell my WR1. I have owned it for 2 years, with all the hard work I have put in to it, I wish I could keep it forever. But it's about time I bought myself a house, so I have to let her go in favour of a deposit.

Some of you guys on here know the story of my WR1, but for those that don't, a brief synopsis:

Just before Christmas 2011, the Big Ends went on the engine. I believe it may well have been where the car was not originally cared for and run in properly when it was new. Nothing I could do about that!

The intention was to just replace the engine, but mine went around the same time as Megamans did. I spoke to him a bit about it, and decided that I wanted something similar. So the car went to Engine Tuner in Plymouth. They had the car 2 months, and rebuilt the engine in to a Forged 2.1Litre.

She also had BC racing Coilovers fitted just before the engine went.

The remap was done by Martin at Engine Tuner, with a view to making her a beautifully driveable car. She currently runs 336bhp with 352ftlb torque. the extra 0.1 litre makes a huge difference to the torque, and the turbo starts coming in at a nice low 2800RPM

Although the car has done just over 80k miles, all this work was done approx 10k ago, and cost approx £7000.

Also, approx 2k miles ago, it had a partial respray, costing £1000, to tidy up the 8 years of stone chips. This included:
Front Bumper and spats
Side Skirts
Rear bumper
Spoiler
Alloys refurbished

She has full service history from before the new engine, and perfect and full service history since I have had her rebuilt.

No expense has been spared, I intended to keep this car a long time.

The only 2 downsides (and I list these as to be completely honest so you know how perfect this car is) are that the two offside alloys are mildly scuffed (did this the other day, just got a bit too close to a curb while parking in the dark, almost cried), and one tiny spot on the nearside wing where i looks like a door may have been opened against it. its not a dent, its like a stone chip, but I wanted to let people know. I don't think it would even be noticed if I didn't point it out, but I am a perfectionist...

Car spec is as follows:

2.1Litre Forged Engine rebuild
Wiseco Pistons
K1 Rods
Balanced Crank
ACL Race bearings
Cosworth Gaskets
Uprated Race oil pump
Engine Remap
Helix Organic Clutch
Turbo Back 3" Decat Exhaust
BC Racing Adjustable Coilovers (with 3D Alignment Setup)
EBC Redstuff Ceramic Pads
336bhp, 352ftlb torque

The car is running pretty much standard everything else. It's up to the new owner where they want to take the car. The 2.1 Litre Forged Engine makes it lovely to drive, and will be reliable for years and years, being a beautifully hand built engine. Or, it would be a fantastic base for big power. this car would easily see 500-600bhp with the right supporting mods, unlike the standard engine which tends to not really be able to handle much over 400bhp. the sky would be the limit, which is why I had it built originally.

She is probably up there with a very select few or WR1's that are the best out there. It is literally like she has done 10,000 miles, not 80,000. It comes with the Original Prodrive Exhaust for the MOT, 3 Months tax, and has just been MOT'd (with no advisories). Also will come with Standard Headunit.

Thanks

edited by Megaman to repair picture links
Last edited by Loco2527 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loco2527

Re: #396 For Sale :-(

Postby Gary75 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:03 pm

A good price, nice to see someone pricing these rare cars correctly, good luck with the sale. :thumb:

Your links to see photos are not working correctly?
Gary75

Postby Megaman » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Hey Loco,

Sorry to hear you are selling up, feel free to keep in touch on here mate. I too am under pressure to get rid of my motor but I really dont want to so im not pushing it. The wife knows its on PH so she is off my back for now :)

Looks priced right given the rebuild and the mods mate, good luck with the sale.

PS Repaired pics so they work :)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Loco2527 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Thanks guys

@Mega - Yeah I saw yours for sale mate. Good Luck there too. It's going to be hard parting with her...

Thanks for fixing the pictures. Not sure what happened there!
Loco2527

Postby Daz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:54 pm

looking good

better price aswell , standard or modified people selling far too cheap .
Daz

Postby John Mc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:45 am

Daz wrote:looking good

better price aswell , standard or modified people selling far too cheap .

People aren't selling cheap, they are selling what the market is paying at the moment.
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby mossy1283 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:29 pm

Loco2527 wrote:Hi All,

Unfortunately, it is time for me to sell my WR1. I have owned it for 2 years, with all the hard work I have put in to it, I wish I could keep it forever. But it's about time I bought myself a house, so I have to let her go in favour of a deposit.

Some of you guys on here know the story of my WR1, but for those that don't, a brief synopsis:

Just before Christmas 2011, the Big Ends went on the engine. I believe it may well have been where the car was not originally cared for and run in properly when it was new. Nothing I could do about that!

The intention was to just replace the engine, but mine went around the same time as Megamans did. I spoke to him a bit about it, and decided that I wanted something similar. So the car went to Engine Tuner in Plymouth. They had the car 2 months, and rebuilt the engine in to a Forged 2.1Litre.

She also had BC racing Coilovers fitted just before the engine went.

The remap was done by Martin at Engine Tuner, with a view to making her a beautifully driveable car. She currently runs 336bhp with 352ftlb torque. the extra 0.1 litre makes a huge difference to the torque, and the turbo starts coming in at a nice low 2800RPM

Although the car has done just over 80k miles, all this work was done approx 10k ago, and cost approx £7000.

Also, approx 2k miles ago, it had a partial respray, costing £1000, to tidy up the 8 years of stone chips. This included:
Front Bumper and spats
Side Skirts
Rear bumper
Spoiler
Alloys refurbished

She has full service history from before the new engine, and perfect and full service history since I have had her rebuilt.

No expense has been spared, I intended to keep this car a long time.

The only 2 downsides (and I list these as to be completely honest so you know how perfect this car is) are that the two offside alloys are mildly scuffed (did this the other day, just got a bit too close to a curb while parking in the dark, almost cried), and one tiny spot on the nearside wing where i looks like a door may have been opened against it. its not a dent, its like a stone chip, but I wanted to let people know. I don't think it would even be noticed if I didn't point it out, but I am a perfectionist...

Car spec is as follows:

2.1Litre Forged Engine rebuild
Wiseco Pistons
K1 Rods
Balanced Crank
ACL Race bearings
Cosworth Gaskets
Uprated Race oil pump
Engine Remap
Helix Organic Clutch
Turbo Back 3" Decat Exhaust
BC Racing Adjustable Coilovers (with 3D Alignment Setup)
EBC Redstuff Ceramic Pads
336bhp, 352ftlb torque

The car is running pretty much standard everything else. It's up to the new owner where they want to take the car. The 2.1 Litre Forged Engine makes it lovely to drive, and will be reliable for years and years, being a beautifully hand built engine. Or, it would be a fantastic base for big power. this car would easily see 500-600bhp with the right supporting mods, unlike the standard engine which tends to not really be able to handle much over 400bhp. the sky would be the limit, which is why I had it built originally.

She is probably up there with a very select few or WR1's that are the best out there. It is literally like she has done 10,000 miles, not 80,000. It comes with the Original Prodrive Exhaust for the MOT, 3 Months tax, and has just been MOT'd (with no advisories). Also will come with Standard Headunit.

Considering the time and money I have put in to her, and the fact that there aren't many better ones out there I feel a fair price is £13,995.

I will consider offers, but please be sensible with offers, as she deserves it.

Thanks

edited by Megaman to repair picture links

Totally off subject but looking at that key ring and living in Lincolnshire, are you a crab? To the others viewing who do not understand I mean member of the Royal Air Force.
mossy1283

Postby Loco2527 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Haha, yes I used to be based at Cranwell mate. Left the Air Force last year unfortunately. Should really update my profile, because I live down in Dorset now!!
Loco2527

Postby S4lford » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:02 pm

Where abouts in dorset you livin loco???
S4lford

Postby mossy1283 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:19 am

Loco2527 wrote:Haha, yes I used to be based at Cranwell mate. Left the Air Force last year unfortunately. Should really update my profile, because I live down in Dorset now!!

Ha ha, thought so! Best of luck with the sale mate.
mossy1283

Postby Loco2527 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:09 pm

I live in Weymouth mate. I seen another WR1 around poole a few times before, around the court-looking building just up the road from the hospital. Anything to do with you??
Loco2527

Re: #396 For Sale ***Price Dropped***

Postby Loco2527 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:52 pm

New Lowered Price, as per advert
Loco2527

Postby gsi johns » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Loco2527 wrote:I live in Weymouth mate. I seen another WR1 around poole a few times before, around the court-looking building just up the road from the hospital. Anything to do with you??

That might be me as I live round that area No 219
gsi johns

Re: #396 For Sale ***Price Dropped***

Postby S4lford » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Gsi John iam in canford Heath where abouts u at,good to see another 1 so near to me.
S4lford

Return to For Sale