Post your stuff for sale here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
N.o 252 for sale

Postby Parky78 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Hello all,

Unfortunately I now need to sell my pride and joy :(
Moving house isn't cheap!

I honestly dont really know what to advertise it for? Its in great condition, no scratches apart from the very bottom of the near-side bumper/splitter (high curb put a small scuff on it). WR1's are rather low!Im porbably not the first person for this to happen to (or the last!) :shock: You have to look for it to be honest. It has been looked after as I am sure most have.

Car has done 52K miles, full Subaru main dealer service history (last service 2.2k miles ago). Cam belt has been changed not long before that.

Original tax disc, floor mats and placard are present. No key fob though (not through lack of looking!).

P-Zeros all round (lots of meat left).

3 previous owners.

Completely standard everything

All original services books, documents, prodrive certs

Any idea what price I should be looking at (private sale, sell to a dealer or part-ex)? I have a car dealer calling me tomorrow morning with an offer. I dont want to give it away so it would be good to get some advice if poss. :)

If anyone is interested, please get in touch also. :P

Any advice would be much apreciated.

Cheers everyone.
Parky78

Postby Parky78 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Sorry, one thing to add:

The wheels could do with some TLC (the wife parked it a couple of times!).

Thanks.
Parky78

Postby Gary75 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:13 pm

A realistic asking price for a private sale £10500, but bare in mind the scuff to lower bumper and a refurb on the alloys will slightly reduce this price if the buyer wants to haggle?

The dealer will offer you trade price around the £6500 to £7000 or maybe a little less, tell him to go fourth and multiply :shock:
Gary75

Postby Crockel » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:15 pm

As Gary75 says if selling privately you should start just north of £10k but be ready to accept around £9.5k. If you are looking for a quicker sale I would put it up at £9995 to start with.

L
Crockel

Postby John Mc » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:01 pm

If you start too high, you might not get any offers, unless it sits there for a while and then the only offers you get are "silly" ones.

If you "need" to sell then try to detatch yourself from the emotions of the sale and put yourself in the eyes of the buyer... when you are buying, you don't look at the most expensive...

Just sayin'
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby Parky78 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:57 pm

Cheers for your help everyone. I have had a couple of offers at about £9k. I'm tempted, not sure if I should wait?
Parky78

Postby Gary75 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:04 am

Parky78 wrote:Cheers for your help everyone. I have had a couple of offers at about £9k. I'm tempted, not sure if I should wait?

As long as the car is a minter with only some minor cosmetics as you state? then stick out for the £10000

When i was looking i would have paid any price, i was set on having one :shock: so think along them lines.....

What did the dealer offer you?
Gary75

Postby Crockel » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:25 am

Parky78 wrote:Cheers for your help everyone. I have had a couple of offers at about £9k. I'm tempted, not sure if I should wait?

Depends on how quickly you need the money in your pocket for the house move! £9k now or maybe £9.5k or a little more if you hang out for longer- it could be weeks or months you have to wait though.
Crockel

Postby John Mc » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:51 am

If you need the money, sell for 9k. If you can afford to wait for a year or 5, put it on for £10k. :lol:
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby Parky78 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:00 pm

I will have a think. My guess is that Christmas is around the corner so if it doesn't go now, it could be Feb 2013 at the earliest. I will have to weigh it up.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.
Parky78

Postby goonas » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:55 pm

PM'd
Lunacy is a right foot away.
goonas

Postby Gary75 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:29 am

I believe scoobychris has just brought 252 from xtreme uk? asking price was £11995......

All you fellows that are selling your 1's are not getting what the car is worth. stop selling to cheap.... :x :x

Theres always a buyer whatever your selling :wink: the dealer manages to sell the cars at hiked up prices... think along them lines :wink:

We spend months or even years looking for the right car for the right price and even haggle on a few quid and pay top dollar, then come sale time we just give the car away for peanuts ( not suggesting this is the case here ) come on i dont understand the mentality...... :x :x :!:

Also selling to cheap only f$cks it for the rest of us come sale time..stop it!!!
Last edited by Gary75 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gary75

Postby BIG"E" » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:39 am

Gary75 wrote:I believe scoobychris has just brought 252 from xtreme uk? asking price was £11995......

All you fellows that are selling your 1's are not getting what the car is worth. stop selling to cheap.... :x :x

Theres always a buyer whatever your selling :wink: the dealer manages to sell the cars at hiked up prices... think along them lines :wink:

Also selling to cheap only f$cks it for the rest of us come sale time..stop it!!!

I could not agree more.
BIG"E"

Postby Parky78 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:40 am

First of all, I have not disclosed how much I sold my car for. I had my reasons, the car had to go. I simply couldn't justify the 1800 miles per year that I was putting on it coupled with moving etc...

Secondly, Yes, I did sell my car to extreme and I can confirm that I do not believe the pictures on the xtreme website were of my car. VERY NAUGHTY (if this is so)!

I had standard (non vented) Brembo discs all round on mine, the discs in the one in the xtreme advert, still on their website (possibly pretending to be PF04 EVX) are grooved and vented? The discs on my old car were pretty much new, they did not need changing! The tyres on my old car had 3/4 life left in them (P-Zeros all round), the car in the ad had brand new tyres (still had the spikes). The WR1 stickers on my old 1 had the dark blue writing (WR1), this car did not and the biggest give away, my old 1 had the original mats, this 1 didn't, my old 1 had the original tax disc, this 1 did not!

It's very annoying as xtreme sold a 1 a few months ago which did not have the tax disc, I believe they might have cut and pasted the pictures.

To the new owner, don't worry, 252 is a fantastic car and was looked after. I have never put it on a track and its always been serviced at the main dealer. A little bit of extra info: 1x day before I sold it, I had a brand new power steering belt fitted. The wheels needed a refurb (nothing major, just some light scratches). The lower front splitter was lightly scuffed when I parked by a curb (nothing major, you could hardly notice at all). The spare key needed a battery (check this, I imagine xtreme would have changed it), it was due the big service (cam belt was changed at 45k, it's the other big service such as plugs, diff oil etc..). I always ran it with Tesco 99 octane and always let the car cool down correctly. Rear shocks tend to give up on these but they have been fine for me (previous owner might have changed them?). i put new headlamp bulds in about a month ago. In all honesty, these are very minor points which I am sure xtreme would have sorted. You have brought a great car, I am gutted to have let it go. I thought that I should be honest and tell you all that I know from my previous ownership. I would appreciate the same info if the boot was on the other foot.

Xtreme were very professional and helpful though, I would buy a car from them. I am very surprised that they didn't use the correct photographs? This could be due to them getting the wheels refurbed maybe and needing to get pictures on an ad???

Anyway, sorry for going on. I believe this (252) car is better anyway. I couldn't even see the centre dash Solsberg plaque (let alone the tax disc) on the other 1 that they sold!

Cheers and enjoy.
Parky78

Return to For Sale