Login    Register

For sale, WR1 number 287

Post your stuff for sale here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
For sale, WR1 number 287

Postby Steveyk » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Chaps, it's with a heavy heart that I have decided to sell. It's been two great years but circumstances have changed and she needs to go.

She's standard apart from a Hayward & Scott exhaust, stereo and strut brace.

64,000 miles
Service History
New clutch/drop links/rocker gasket at 60k by Autotecnica
All fluids, plugs, fuel filter, diff/gearbox oil at 60k by Autotecnica
Wheels refurbished May 2012
New rear shocks April 2012
New Bridgestones all round and wheel alignment done 06 Aug 2012
New windscreen 12 July 2012 by Autoglass
New discs/pads January 2012
Both Keys
Trackstar paperwork

Prodrive Mudflaps
HIDs4U Xenon conversion for dipped beam. Can be removed if required
STI-style front strut brace
Stainless radiator cover
Hydraulic bonnet lifters
Keyring still in box (plus numbered WR1oc keyring too)
Tax disc holder present
Original mats present (plus STI mats so the originals stay clean :D )
Stacks of receipts, invoices and bills
Old MOT's

iPod compatible Sony head unit and upgraded speakers. Original head unit can go back in if required.

The car is in excellent condition, as with most of these it gets pampered, polished and parked as far as possible from everybody else at Tesco. Having had a clutch, brakes, tyres, shocks and a massive service last year, all it will need is an oil change in October. The tyres lasted me two years (8000 hard miles). The MOT is due in November, and the tax is up at the end of October. The private reg will be retained. I've not been able to get any new pics because it's rained for the last three days solid. I'll get some up at the weekend, weather permitting! These were taken after a drive to Devon a few weeks ago.

Looking for £9500, am open to offers!

pm me or email at s66sjk@btinternet.com
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby John Mc » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:40 pm

Good advert mate, well presented. Decent opening price too, hope you get what you want for it.
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby eck » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:59 pm

What he said ^^^^
The WR1 be safe in the knowledge that, short of strapping yourself to an Acme rocket, there's no quicker way to get from A to B.
eck

Postby Matty WR1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Good luck selling Steve - great advert and good price :)

I had interest from here and on the SIDC - I think you should sign up and drop it on mate :)
Matty WR1

Postby Steveyk » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:41 am

Thanks guys, it's a sad day selling! The price is always a tricky one, what I think it's worth isn't necessarily what someone else thinks it's worth! There's one for sale for the same money at Holdcroft in stoke and it's battered. As in paint missing and rusty wiper arms. Mine is like new in comparison!
Steveyk

Postby John Mc » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:03 am

Steveyk wrote:Thanks guys, it's a sad day selling! The price is always a tricky one, what I think it's worth isn't necessarily what someone else thinks it's worth! There's one for sale for the same money at Holdcroft in stoke and it's battered. As in paint missing and rusty wiper arms. Mine is like new in comparison!

Your advert reflects the condition, hopefully the potential buyers will see the quality and offer you what you want. It's a tough market at the moment! Some of the shit adverts you see makes you wonder why they bothered...
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby Gary75 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:21 pm

Steveyk wrote:Thanks guys, it's a sad day selling! The price is always a tricky one, what I think it's worth isn't necessarily what someone else thinks it's worth! There's one for sale for the same money at Holdcroft in stoke and it's battered. As in paint missing and rusty wiper arms. Mine is like new in comparison!

Great advert, but i would ask for £10500 as the car wants for nothing and all the wear and tear items have been replaced. Buy and drive :wink:
Gary75

Postby DCFCtom » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:04 pm

Gutted for you Steve as per PM, you dont need to get rid just because ive made them common round our way lol.

I actually went to see that one at Holdcroft before i bought 481 and your right it is BATTERED. 75000 miles in poor condition and up for 10K although i notice they have just knocked £500 off. Cant shift it obviously.
What made me laugh was the salesman giving me all the spiel but then patronising me by telling me to go and get an insurance quote before we talk money cause its a powerful car lol
Thanks for the advise :roll:
DCFCtom

Postby marchar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:17 pm

What u getting next ?
Nobody told me it was this brutal !
marchar

Postby Steveyk » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:06 pm

SOLD!

We're having a Jeep as our one car and I'm getting a motorbike as my toy.
Steveyk

Postby Megaman » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Steveyk wrote:SOLD!

Well as long as you got this jeep I will let you off:
http://youtu.be/TktKkmLZAPM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby DCFCtom » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Christ that was a quick sale. Did you get what you wanted for it Steve or have you traded it with the Jeep?
Is it staying local or has someone seen it on here.

Tom
DCFCtom

Postby simon.r » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:42 pm

That was quick .... What was the outcome
simon.r

Postby John Mc » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:18 am

Not really surprised Steve, you advertised it very well. Let that be a "lesson" to the greedy fookers who try selling theirs for 11-12k.

Good luck with your tractor :lol:
John Mc

Postby BIG"E" » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:16 am

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote: Let that be a "lesson" to the greedy fookers who try selling theirs for 11-12k.

Sorry I have to disagree.

Some WR1s are worth that money especially ones with low mileage, and that have been garaged .

A WR1 is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, after all they are now getting fewer in number.

The 1 has got to be worth more than a P1 and they still fetch good money.
BIG"E"

Postby Steveyk » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:54 am

I got what I wanted and sold it to a chap who'd seen the ad on here so be nice to him!

I got back nearly what I paid two years ago, so can't complain too much. No point being greedy and still having it in the garage in 6 months. Enjoyed every minute of owning it and plan on having another in a couple of years...
Steveyk

Postby John Mc » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:51 pm

BIG"E" wrote:
John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) Tiddler (Dogging Expert) Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote: Let that be a "lesson" to the greedy fookers who try selling theirs for 11-12k.

Sorry I have to disagree.

Some WR1s are worth that money especially ones with low mileage, and that have been garaged .

A WR1 is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, after all they are now getting fewer in number.

The 1 has got to be worth more than a P1 and they still fetch good money.

Why has the 1 got to be worth more than a P1, that's just an opinion, not fact, technically they should be worth more than 22B's (being younger) but they aren't? They are getting older and depreciating. Until you get down to the last few, they are 'common' and there are still loads for sale in comparison to other models.

Suppose the "more expensive ones" that don't sell and end up dropping in price every month is just me being a cock?

Just an observation.
John Mc

Return to For Sale