Login    Register

WR1 No 284 For Sale!

Post your stuff for sale here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
WR1 No 284 For Sale!

Postby Knobby » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:26 am

Gentlemen, Ladies,

Afraid the time has come to advertise for sale No 284. I have only had it for 8 months but I need the capital for a house deposit. :(

Currently avertised on autotrader, please see the link for pictures.

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... ?logcode=p

Excellent mechanical condition with 56k genuine miles. Servicing carried out up to 90k miles, all Subaru.

Standard except for an upgraded double din, touchscreen, ipod/phone head unit (You can see it in the phots displaying the subaru badge) and speakers. £800 worth of kit, much better looking and performing than the standard stuff. Standard head unit will be supplied.

Toyo proxes all round, brakes good, rear shocks good. MOT and servicing completed in Jan 12, no advisories.

Negatives: I like to be honest, especially with you guys who know what you are looking for so: Scuff mark on one of the rear wheels, 5cm patch where the paint has been damaged, no damage to the alloy itself. Very slight dent in the passenger door, 1cm square. Happy to adjust price to reflect.

I am looking for around £10000, hope it goes to a good home! I am in the Portsmouth area, happy for any WR1OC members to come and have a look before I get some stranger who has seen it on Autotrader. Please reply to the post or PM me with questions.
Regards

The Real Clarkey
Knobby

Postby SteveS » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:52 pm

GLWTS mate, it will tear your heart out. :cry:
SteveS

Postby Matty WR1 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Fair price mate, try not to drop your pants with selling!!!

Good luck.
Matty WR1

Still for sale!

Postby Knobby » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:07 am

Gents, Ladies,

Looking for some honest opinion:

I have had no interest so far on my WR1 :? . Although I am not in a massive rush I am starting to think that I may have to investigate other routes to get a buyer. Has anyone got any ideas about which sites are good to use. I have already advertised here and on Autotrader (link in the initial post).

Should I consider Pistonheads, SIDC or any other sites?

Should i consider EBay?

Does anyone know anybody looking for a decent low mileage example?

I think it is in all our interests to try and maintain prices and the exclusivity of the car, it should be a future classic IMHO like the P1.
Regards

The Real Clarkey
Knobby

Postby W1 KRB » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:21 am

Pistonheads every time! Sold my last 5 cars on there
W1 KRB

Postby Shane » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Give Pistonheads a try. Thats the first place a lot of people look for a performance car.
Shane

Postby Crockel » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Pistonheads would be a good call. Funnily enough though every car I have ever owned has sold through Auto Trader including my last Subaru. I didn't get a bite for weeks then the first guy who turned up bought it.

I think you will have to accept it could take a couple of months to shift. The only alternative if you are keen to shift faster is to cut the price a bit. At the risk of being shot down by other members of the forum I think £10k is not unrealistic but towards the top end of the price range.

L
Crockel

Postby Knobby » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:44 am

Gents,

Thanks for the considered replies, might try pistonheads this weekend.

As I said before not in a massive rush but it does need to go in the next 1-2 months. Fingers crossed, trying not to drop the price too much, was leaving a little room for negotiation. IMHO this is what these cars are worth, especially the lower mileage examples. Otherwise we are getting close to the value of a normal STI.

As an aside my ever reliable and loved BMW 330 has just developed a tendency to burn oil and go into limp home mode, possibly something simple like a lambda sensor, garage have suggested a reconditioned head may be needed as they think a valve seal is leaking. Repair would be close to half the value of the car! In contrast the WR1 has been extremely reliable.
Regards

The Real Clarkey
Knobby

Postby Cozzy 481 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:22 pm

Easy.....Keep it! :wink:
Bmw 320ci msport
Bmw 323i tour msport
Subaru Impreza wrx sti 03 (new)
wr1 481 (New)
Bmw 530i m sport (Champane Edition)
Shogun (06) SORRY
Bmw 330i m sport