Login    Register

Wr1 for sale maybe?

Post your stuff for sale here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Wr1 for sale maybe?

Postby muss » Sun May 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Hi, Just testing the water really, I'm stuck of what to do? I've owned number 355 for around 2 years with no engine mods and 36,000 miles.
I dont want to give it away, and won't give it away!
I would be looking for £13000, which is reasonable in my opinion.
Or do i keep the car and go down the modifing route?
Any potential buyers please feel free to contact me through here and i will get back to you asap.
Wr1 355/500. FSH 36,000, everything comes with the car, Tax disc, Key ring ect..

Thanks Mike.
muss

Postby John Mc » Sun May 22, 2011 6:42 pm

I don't think you'll get many takers mate, cars going for a lot less than that have taken months to shift. Bad times for selling these cars.

Hold on to it for 18months and see if the market recovers.
John Mc

Postby BIG"E" » Sun May 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Good luck with the sale.

I would like to think the price is about right as mine is very similar to yours except slightly fewer miles.

I do agree with John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert). about hanging onto it for a while though.

If you go down the modding route where do you stop ?

All Ive been hearing lately is Ive done this and that and then something gives way,and you get an even bigger bill for a complete rebuild.

You will never re coop any money spent on modding, personally if I was looking to buy a 1 Id go for a standard over one thats been modded.
BIG"E"

Postby Rossy » Sun May 22, 2011 7:54 pm

any pics? i may be interested in july!
Rossy

Postby muss » Sun May 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi, thanks for the replys. I would like some genuine person to buy it that would look after it ect.. I will not give it away, as i don't need to sell, unlike some of them that are for sale, with them saying stuff like, new baby forces sale, new house ect..
I would be open to offers, but not silly offers.
I don't think i would go down the modding route, but it is tempting, just looking at all angles.
Pictures of the car can be found on here, type in 355 in the search engine and there is pics and a little write up too.
I had problems posting pics last time, and someone helpted me out.

Thanks
Mike
muss

Postby Clark » Sun May 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Price seems about right to me,some folk have literally just given their cars away at some stupidly low prices IMO.

Mine is up for sale shortly and I dare say a few will scoff at the asking price but I dont care,the car is worth what you think it is and it just depends on how desperate you are to sell it. The right buyer always comes along.
Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Postby Megaman » Sun May 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Clark wrote:Price seems about right to me,some folk have literally just given their cars away at some stupidly low prices IMO.

Mine is up for sale shortly and I dare say a few will scoff at the asking price but I dont care,the car is worth what you think it is and it just depends on how desperate you are to sell it. The right buyer always comes along.

Yours better be spotless when you sell yours mate :)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby WR 1mposter » Sun May 22, 2011 11:43 pm

Clark wrote:Price seems about right to me,some folk have literally just given their cars away at some stupidly low prices IMO.

Well said clarke, some people on here keep saying "your too overpriced", yet they don't even own a 1 anymore :roll:

Or is it because there were mingers and they sold them for a cheap price, to bring the value down, so then they could go and get another 1.....but a good 1 :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Clark » Mon May 23, 2011 12:05 am

Price is going to vary hugely I think,there's some real rough WR1's out there that you rightly wouldn't pay even 10k for but a really clean example with FSH,low miles etc will still hold good money.
Clark

Postby Crockel » Mon May 23, 2011 7:12 am

I agree with John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) on this one. In the current market for a whole host of reasons WR1 values have taken a big hit and I don't think it will change anytime soon.

My car's unmodified in very good condition and has done 55k. I reckon I would get around the £10k mark for it at the moment.

I know lower mileage cars normally command a slight premium but I can't see that it makes a great difference with the WR1. The parts that are most likely to fail (rear shocks and clutch) aren't mileage dependent anyway!

Modding seems fine if you are happy to spend large amounts of money which you are unlikely to see back. It also looks to be like a 'drug' from what I have seen with some people. Once they do one mod they get hooked and it goes from there .......

As far as saying you don't want to give it away that's fair enough. As I am sure you have heard hundreds of times over the years a car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. If you genuinely don't care if you sell it or not put £13k on it and don't budge.

L
Crockel

Postby Clark » Mon May 23, 2011 11:21 am

If your car is in good condition then 10K is a joke in my opinion mate - I got offered more than that for a trade in last week!
Clark

Postby Matty WR1 » Mon May 23, 2011 11:38 am

Stick with the motor mate!

Borrow someones 1 litre Corsa or something similar for a week or so, then get back in the 1 and tell me you fancy a change ;)

I looked at a few WR1's when I bought mine a couple of months back, the cheap ones where not all that, and didn't have the full provenance which is needed imo.

and if you want to mod and don't like the colour - how about vinyl wrap??? I'm looking into this for 2012 :D
Matty WR1

Postby John Mc » Mon May 23, 2011 11:56 am

Clark wrote:If your car is in good condition then 10K is a joke in my opinion mate - I got offered more than that for a trade in last week!

With all respect, I don't see many flying off the shelf... The ones that started life at £12k on here are falling to £10k before selling. If you got £10k part-ex, you are doing VERY well.... they are going in at £6-7k P/ex if you are lucky!!
John Mc

Postby Steveyk » Mon May 23, 2011 2:04 pm

To be honest, the fact that they seem to go for a third (or more) of the original price after 7 years is pretty impressive however you look at it. Most cars are worth that after 3-4 years anyway! There'll always be someone who'll buy a tidy 1. All of us did!
Steveyk

Postby Crockel » Mon May 23, 2011 5:20 pm

Mc Tiddler: Gay And Proud wrote:
Clark wrote:If your car is in good condition then 10K is a joke in my opinion mate - I got offered more than that for a trade in last week!

With all respect, I don't see many flying off the shelf... The ones that started life at £12k on here are falling to £10k before selling. If you got £10k part-ex, you are doing VERY well.... they are going in at £6-7k P/ex if you are lucky!!

As a case in point Lee190888 has his car up for sale. Similar miles to mine (50k) started at £12k now at £11250 two months later and I guess he will take an offer on that.

L
Crockel

Postby WR 1mposter » Mon May 23, 2011 6:49 pm

:shock:

what on ?
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Clark » Mon May 23, 2011 7:15 pm

As already stated,it depends on how desperate you are to sell,some folk drop their price on a weekly basis if they're not getting much interest which is up to them I guess.

Maybe it's a southern thing where there's more WR1s going about (although Aberdeen seems to be WR1 capital!) and all it takes is for a couple of people desperate to sell at a low price bringing the values down but I'm confident I'd get what id want for mine.
Clark

Postby Clark » Mon May 23, 2011 7:16 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:

what on ?

A 911 ;-)
Clark

Postby Crockel » Mon May 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Clark wrote:As already stated,it depends on how desperate you are to sell,some folk drop their price on a weekly basis if they're not getting much interest which is up to them I guess.

Maybe it's a southern thing where there's more WR1s going about (although Aberdeen seems to be WR1 capital!) and all it takes is for a couple of people desperate to sell at a low price bringing the values down but I'm confident I'd get what id want for mine.

Sounds to me like the north/south divide is in reverse. All those rich Scots buying up our cheap English WR1s :D :D :D
Last edited by Crockel on Mon May 23, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crockel

Postby muss » Mon May 23, 2011 8:11 pm

I would like to think that mine is in the top few of wr1's around, I know we all probably think that, but that's my opinion, alittle biased maybe!
I had best get in a nissan micra for a week then get in my 1, to appreciate what i've got! :oops:
Still up in the air at the moment, swaying toward the keeping of it.
Time will tell.
muss

Postby Matty WR1 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:13 pm

Go get that Micra ;) you'll love it lol!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Matty WR1

Postby muss » Mon May 23, 2011 8:17 pm

:lol:
muss

Postby Megaman » Mon May 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Clark wrote:

what on ?

A Beatle ;-)

:lol: :lol:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby zedder » Mon May 23, 2011 9:28 pm

Clark wrote:As already stated,it depends on how desperate you are to sell,some folk drop their price on a weekly basis if they're not getting much interest which is up to them I guess.

people will always pay that bit more for a mint car !! so im sure you will get top dollar for yours Clarke whenever you decide to sell!! 8) as for the price i would reckon on the price of a type uk sti plus 20% as a rough guide!!
zedder

Postby WR 1mposter » Mon May 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Megaman wrote:
Clark wrote:

what on ?

A Stretch Beatle ;-)

:lol: :lol:

Which 911 ?
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby hightower » Fri May 27, 2011 10:52 am

aberdeen is a bit of a different case when it somes to car prices, because there is so much "young money" due to most wages in excess of 50k for almost all offshore jobs. good fast cars get a premium.i have no doubt clark would get what he is after for his car as it is so clean and in aberdeen
Gracing the drive.....BMW M3 E92 with all the toys!/Integra DC5/ Integra DC2 race car/BMW X5
gone...Impreza RB320 No 112
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Seat Leon Cupra 225
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Postby muss » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi all, just a quick update, I have decided to keep the Wr1, I got offered nearly 12k for it but I declined.
I was tempted in letting her go, but everytime I drove her there was no way I could let her go! :twisted:
These cars defo have a hold over you!!!

Thanks mike.
muss

Postby Chris 280 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:54 pm

keep it ,you know it makes sense :lol:
it is better to have had a wr1 and lost it than never to have one at all.
Chris 280

Postby NewSuboy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:31 pm

I sold mine for £9900 in March with 46k on the lock pretty good condition too

I started at £13k and no interest at all took 6 months to sell!

:roll:
UK TURBO...SOLD
P1 976.....SOLD
WR1 043.... SOLD
M3 CAB (E46) ..SOLD
EVO IX MR FQ-360 (running 410/430)
NewSuboy

Postby John Mc » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:47 am

NewSuboy wrote:

I sold mine for £9900 in March with 46k on the lock pretty good condition too

I started at £13k and no interest at all took 6 months to sell!

:roll:

I think this is quite common mate. Some will go for more but then again there are a few Stevie Wonders out there :lol:
John Mc

Next

Return to For Sale