Login    Register

282 For Sale

Post your stuff for sale here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Postby John Mc » Tue May 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Rossy wrote:
Foley wrote:TBH you'll be very lucky if it even sell at this price,

No ones wanting to pay 10k for a 7yr car...

Ive recently sold my car (which i took a hit on the price ) and i'm now in a possition to buy a WR1 or a Sti.. I dont mind the fact of paying 10k for a 7 yr old car, whats always in the back of my mind is how many miles the car currently has on.

Im struggling to come to terms with paying 10k + for a car with 60k + on the clock, maybe keeping it for 2-3 year, putting another 20k on it then wanting to see some of my money again..

Ideally for 10 grand i would want something between 40-50k miles.. Am I kidding myself???

My apologise if i seem a tit for posting this on here... You car looks great!!!! and i come and look at the pics daily trying to convince myself to take the plunge. Your cars is exactly how i would want mine to look!

cheers GLWTS!!!!!!!

:)

Not at all mate, I posted about "high(er)" mileage cars for sale on here a few months ago and got talked down somewhat that people don't really mind about mileage... Of course people care about mileage... Peoples' perception of mileage will be tainted by whether you are selling the car or buying it I suppose.

All you can do is put your best foot forward and make an offer. The seller can only say no if they are not desperate, that's what I'd be doing in the current climate.
John Mc

Postby Ferret WR1 » Tue May 10, 2011 4:40 pm

Rossy wrote:
Foley wrote:TBH you'll be very lucky if it even sell at this price,

No ones wanting to pay 10k for a 7yr car...

Ive recently sold my car (which i took a hit on the price ) and i'm now in a possition to buy a WR1 or a Sti.. I dont mind the fact of paying 10k for a 7 yr old car, whats always in the back of my mind is how many miles the car currently has on.

Im struggling to come to terms with paying 10k + for a car with 60k + on the clock, maybe keeping it for 2-3 year, putting another 20k on it then wanting to see some of my money again..

Ideally for 10 grand i would want something between 40-50k miles.. Am I kidding myself???

My apologise if i seem a tit for posting this on here... You car looks great!!!! and i come and look at the pics daily trying to convince myself to take the plunge. Your cars is exactly how i would want mine to look!

cheers GLWTS!!!!!!!

:)

All I can say to this is, your talking 11-21k miles extra to what you ideally want and this WR1 been well looked after, mostly motorway miles and has full Subaru service history which is every 5k! For the mileage you want, you'll be paying around/above 11k for good example and higher mileage WR1 still fetch 8-10k. I've checked the current prices and placed my fairly if not cheaper because I want a quick sale.

I best advise you come have a look and then you can make a more informed decision.

Anyway good luck with your shopping :D
Ferret WR1

Postby Ferret WR1 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:51 pm

BUMP

I think this will be the last weekend it's on for sale, then I'm taking it off the market.
Ferret WR1

Postby grahampesking » Fri May 13, 2011 5:00 pm

Ferret WR1 wrote:BUMP

I think this will be the last weekend it's on for sale, then I'm taking it off the market.

cant believe you havent sold your,s ,, I paid £12000 for the same miles :? :? :?

£10,000 is a great price for ur car ,anyone who wants one for less is kidding themselves
grahampesking

Postby buffy » Fri May 13, 2011 6:02 pm

grahampesking wrote:

cant believe you havent sold your,s ,, I paid £12000 for the same miles :? :? :?

£10,000 is a great price for ur car ,anyone who wants one for less is kidding themselves

im only asking £8500 for mine its got 79,000mls on it, and £4000 for wifes jdm bugeye but that got 107,000mls
LBUFFIN
buffy

Postby grahampesking » Fri May 13, 2011 6:08 pm

buffy wrote:
grahampesking wrote:

im only asking £8500 for mine its got 79,000mls on it, and £4000 for wifes jdm bugeye but that got 107,000mls

jesus £8500,, whoever buys it should be wearing a black and white stripy jumper coz thats robbery .. good luck on the sale ur car is minted
grahampesking

Postby hightower » Sat May 14, 2011 12:00 am

i may be looking for one, the wife is going to sell her 307cc and wants a wr1....... so we will have to see. i have to see if i can justify 2 imprezas in the house!!!!! and the bloody running costs.
Gracing the drive.....BMW M3 E92 with all the toys!/Integra DC5/ Integra DC2 race car/BMW X5
gone...Impreza RB320 No 112
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Seat Leon Cupra 225
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Postby grahampesking » Sat May 14, 2011 12:04 am

hightower wrote:i may be looking for one, the wife is going to sell her 307cc and wants a wr1....... so we will have to see. i have to see if i can justify 2 imprezas in the house!!!!! and the bloody running costs.

you cant get you,rs back hightower I like it too much :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
grahampesking

Postby John Mc » Sat May 14, 2011 6:37 am

The economic downturn hasn't kicked in yet, it is just starting now... I think people are really concerned about big purchases and sports cars like the WR1 probably would be high on peoples' wishlist but they are too nervous to risk spending to buy especially with the running costs of them!!

If you can afford to hold on, it will turn round but it is unlikely to be within the next 18 months!!
John Mc

Postby Ferret WR1 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:57 pm

Mc Tiddler: Gay And Proud wrote:The economic downturn hasn't kicked in yet, it is just starting now... I think people are really concerned about big purchases and sports cars like the WR1 probably would be high on peoples' wishlist but they are too nervous to risk spending to buy especially with the running costs of them!!

If you can afford to hold on, it will turn round but it is unlikely to be within the next 18 months!!

Yeah I'm probably going to have to hold out.

Cheers
Ferret WR1

Postby Ferret WR1 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:01 am

SOLD :D :D :D
Ferret WR1

Postby Bonovox » Fri May 20, 2011 9:23 am

Here's the scene at Ferret HQ :lol:

Congratulations! :D Hope you didn't have to drop the price any more
Bonovox

Postby Ferret WR1 » Fri May 20, 2011 4:34 pm

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now rolling in my E46 M3 :wink:

Never really missed my previous cars, however I have the feeling I'm gonna miss this one! Might even come back to a WR1 in the future.
Ferret WR1

Postby Megaman » Fri May 20, 2011 7:42 pm

about time mate!!
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Previous

Return to For Sale