Login    Register

2006 Evolution IX FQ320 (390bhp)

Post your stuff for sale here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
2006 Evolution IX FQ320 (390bhp)

Postby The Swede » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:36 pm

After 3 years, time unfortunately has come to pass it on to a next owner as the PCP runs out ... :(

Evo IX FQ320
June 2006, 28000 miles, full service history, MOT'd until June 2010.

Mods

- Green airfilter
- Remap to 390 bhp

- Performance Friction discs at the front (incl new pads)
- Brembo perforated discs at the rear
- Braided hoses
- 5.1 brakefluid

- Ralliart mats
- Ralliart sill protectors
- radio CD (never used :lol:)
- Scott Lowe carbon mudflaps

- Ralliart triplemeter (£1000 fully fitted :brick:)

- Engine heater (car was my weekend car for a while in Finland. It has hence never had a coldstart :) )

- Two sets of alloys (one with Advan 048 (2/3 worn) and one with Nokian wintertyres).

Just been serviced.

Price: £15900 ono

PM me if interested

Last edited by The Swede on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Swede

Postby The Swede » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:36 pm

The Triplemeter is actually Defi but rebranded by Ralliart. Looks great and really useful in the morning to monitor oil temperature and viscosity before using the power ;)

The Swede

Postby The Swede » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:37 pm

Car is mint.

Despite spending time in Finland, it never suffered from the winter weather as they never grit roads in the North and the air is always cork dry.

The Swede

Postby The Swede » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:37 pm

Plugged into the mains to warm the engine in the morning.

Bit more cables running from the bumper to the engine.

The Swede

Postby danr55 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:14 pm

I can vouch for this car. On Friday it actually looked cleaner than the new Merc SL63 on the drive!
danr55
Site Owner

Postby The Swede » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:57 pm

danr55 wrote:I can vouch for this car. On Friday it actually looked cleaner than the new Merc SL63 on the drive!

Thanks. The Evo has been detailed and Zymol-ed few weeks ago and is hardly being used. I maybe drive it 50 miles per week :(

That is actually why it should go. It's pointless to really keep it.
The Swede

Re: 2006 Evolution IX FQ320 (390bhp)

Postby Megaman » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:18 pm

The Swede wrote:After 3 years, time unfortunately has come to pass it on to a next owner as the PCP runs out ... :(

What is PCP?!?

Would you like to swap it for a 330bhp Focus ST? 8)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Re: 2006 Evolution IX FQ320 (390bhp)

Postby The Swede » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:14 pm

Megaman wrote:
The Swede wrote:After 3 years, time unfortunately has come to pass it on to a next owner as the PCP runs out ... :(

What is PCP?!?

Would you like to swap it for a 330bhp Focus ST? 8)

No thanks, we don't need more stuff sitting on the drive not going anywhere. :wink:

PCP is Personal Contract Purchase, i.e. a finance deal whereby you pay a monthly amount over a set period, e.g £500 and then at the end, you pay an agreed baloon.
The difference with Personal Contract Hire is that you own the vehicle all the time and can end it whenever you want, the downside is that you are responsible for the residual value whereas with Contract Hire, the finance company takes the car back.

The Evo's term is ending now and I don't find it worth keeping it besides the Merc and the Lexus. Especially as we will be out of the country for quite a few months soon.
The Swede

Postby The Swede » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:47 pm

Few pics taken this afternoon.

Got a few candidates but no deal closed yet.

The Swede

Postby The Swede » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:05 pm

Had a few offers but the one of the elase company was the most interesting. Hanging on to it hence :)
The Swede

Postby zedder » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:22 pm

looks a very tidy evo !! keep hold of it a bit longer,it might be worth a couple of grand more in a few months the way the used car market is going !! :lol:
zedder

Postby The Swede » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:25 pm

zedder wrote:looks a very tidy evo !! keep hold of it a bit longer,it might be worth a couple of grand more in a few months the way the used car market is going !! :lol:

:lol:

Indeed. I just look fwd to using it for another weekend up in Finland

Car actually got another set of PF discs at the front, so going well :)
The Swede

Postby jimmy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:22 pm

is the car located in finland?dont get what you mean with the finance lol

could you explain a wee bit more mate?

cheers its a nice looker aswell :D :shock:
ver9 grey blobeye sti
jimmy

Postby The Swede » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Since I only go once a month to Finland anymore, I've decided to put it back on the market. It's a bit of a waste, I think and renting a car for those weekends would make more sense.

The car now has 33000 miles, still mint, FSH, etc.

Last time I brought it to the UK, put it up a few hundred under market value and... wasted my time with quite a few tyre-kickers (of the MLR in general). This time, I leave it in Finland, but whoever wants it can get it for 11000,- GBP

This is significantly under the market price, but I have no time to waste driving it back for Honda Integra drivers with a wet dream. (no offence meant to anyone here)

If I don't sell it, too bad, I'll keep driving it. :lol:
The Swede

Postby John Mc » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:13 am

The Swede wrote:Since I only go once a month to Finland anymore, I've decided to put it back on the market. It's a bit of a waste, I think and renting a car for those weekends would make more sense.

The car now has 33000 miles, still mint, FSH, etc.

Last time I brought it to the UK, put it up a few hundred under market value and... wasted my time with quite a few tyre-kickers (of the MLR in general). This time, I leave it in Finland, but whoever wants it can get it for 11000,- GBP

This is significantly under the market price, but I have no time to waste driving it back for Honda Integra drivers with a wet dream. (no offence meant to anyone here)

If I don't sell it, too bad, I'll keep driving it. :lol:

I'm no economist but... quite often, when things don't sell.... the price is wrong :roll:
John Mc

Postby The Swede » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:37 am

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:I'm no economist but... quite often, when things don't sell.... the price is wrong :roll:

Last year I put it up at 15400 or so, while most of them were still up at 16 to 16.5.

Timing wasn't right though as people weren't buying in 2009.

Typical reaction when they saw or drove the car: "I've seen a few at dealers and this one is actually in much better condition while the cars at dealers were a bit more expensive"... and next "I can only afford 14K or xxx " :blahblah:

The really funny part is always these idiots asking : "How much will you take cash?" ... This seems to be a typical British habit when trying to negociate for a car. How exactly do you think of paying the car otherwise ???

:bang:

Anyway, now I put it up much lower as it's in Finland. Many members here know the car anyway.

I'm actually more selling it because I think it's a bit of a waste to not drive this rather than for the money.
The Swede

Postby John Mc » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:19 pm

The Swede wrote:The really funny part is always these idiots asking : "How much will you take cash?" ... This seems to be a typical British habit when trying to negociate for a car. How exactly do you think of paying the car otherwise ???

You hit the nail on the head, it is just a saying instead of "what is your lowest price".... just terminology

Instead of paying cash - you could get credit on a car (mainly from dealers though).... or p/x the car?
John Mc

Postby CAVEMAN » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:42 pm

the snow is back again mate...so if you need a helping hand giving it a run out every now and again then let me know..

would cost about 1.5k to get it back to UK if my trips are anything to go by, so pretty darn good value and a great excuse to sample some of the best driving roads on earth!!

plus you can stop off at mine on the way back for a brew!
CAVEMAN

Postby WR1 WOZA » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Would Martin not be interested in the Car Sandy ? thought he was after something ! :wink:
Always try and get to B from A very Quickly !
WR1 WOZA

Postby The Swede » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Tiddler wrote:
The Swede wrote:The really funny part is always these idiots asking : "How much will you take cash?" ... This seems to be a typical British habit when trying to negociate for a car. How exactly do you think of paying the car otherwise ???

You hit the nail on the head, it is just a saying instead of "what is your lowest price".... just terminology

Instead of paying cash - you could get credit on a car (mainly from dealers though).... or p/x the car?

Do I look like I give credit or, worse, I would want to P/X ?? Some people are just brainless when they offer this. :lol:
The Swede

Postby The Swede » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:05 pm

CAVEMAN wrote:the snow is back again mate...so if you need a helping hand giving it a run out every now and again then let me know..

would cost about 1.5k to get it back to UK if my trips are anything to go by, so pretty darn good value and a great excuse to sample some of the best driving roads on earth!!

That's a lot. I generally paid about 300,- GBP in ferries one way. Then there is 1800 miles about but given the speed limits, I generally got around with 30mpg (the scoob was a 'tad' less economical :lol: ). So with 350 GBP of fuel, you got plenty.

You still in Seinajoki? I thought you'd move to UK.
The Swede

Postby CAVEMAN » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:03 pm

The Swede wrote:
CAVEMAN wrote:the snow is back again mate...so if you need a helping hand giving it a run out every now and again then let me know..

That's a lot. I generally paid about 300,- GBP in ferries one way. Then there is 1800 miles about but given the speed limits, I generally got around with 30mpg (the scoob was a 'tad' less economical :lol: ). So with 350 GBP of fuel, you got plenty.

You still in Seinajoki? I thought you'd move to UK.

€120 from Finland to Sweden on the ferry, then €40 odd for the ferry across to Germany from southern Denmark (Putgarden I think)...then £199 for the chunnel crossing. So pretty cheap on 'public' transport!

Last time I did it I hit Stockholm at 6am, and was in Dover just after 1am, so not bad going really...spent about 700 notes in juice though!! Needed to fill it up about 8 times! Doesn't get too much MPG at autobahn speeds!

Still up here but will be in UK for another few months in the New Year....have snow already up here, so looking forward to it whilst the temps are stupidly cold.
CAVEMAN

Postby The Swede » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:35 am

CAVEMAN wrote:€120 from Finland to Sweden on the ferry, then €40 odd for the ferry across to Germany from southern Denmark (Putgarden I think)...then £199 for the chunnel crossing. So pretty cheap on 'public' transport!

Last time I did it I hit Stockholm at 6am, and was in Dover just after 1am, so not bad going really...spent about 700 notes in juice though!! Needed to fill it up about 8 times! Doesn't get too much MPG at autobahn speeds!

Still up here but will be in UK for another few months in the New Year....have snow already up here, so looking forward to it whilst the temps are stupidly cold.

I've not been up since it's been snowing in Oulu. Gonna have to fit the wintertyres straight away as I'm afraid my Advan 048's won't be much good :lol:

The big difference I noticed between the scoob and the Evo on such trips is really the consumption. Even at higher speeds, the Evo is really moderate. The scoob just couldn't be filled up fast enough.
The Swede

Postby eck » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Maybe if it was not silver or an Evo i would be interested :finger:

Best of luck tho
The WR1 be safe in the knowledge that, short of strapping yourself to an Acme rocket, there's no quicker way to get from A to B.
eck

Postby MaverickUK82 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:09 pm

I really like it. The 390bhp also sounds tempting.

How do they eek an extra 70bhp with just a remap and panel filter though? Doesn't the FQ360 have lots extra under then hood compared to the 320?
MaverickUK82

Postby The Swede » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:37 am

MaverickUK82 wrote:I really like it. The 390bhp also sounds tempting.

How do they eek an extra 70bhp with just a remap and panel filter though? Doesn't the FQ360 have lots extra under then hood compared to the 320?

No, the hardware is the same between the 320, the 340 and the 360.

I've been told (quote Marky Mark and co) that the Evo's layout allows much easier tuning than the scoob.

Dan, Spike and myself had the same car with similar tuning (except that mine spent a bit more time being tuned for cold weather). Think Spike actually got 402bhp out of it without real hardware changes.
The Swede

Postby CAVEMAN » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:29 am

The Swede wrote:
MaverickUK82 wrote:I really like it. The 390bhp also sounds tempting.

No, the hardware is the same between the 320, the 340 and the 360.

I've been told (quote Marky Mark and co) that the Evo's layout allows much easier tuning than the scoob.

Dan, Spike and myself had the same car with similar tuning (except that mine spent a bit more time being tuned for cold weather). Think Spike actually got 402bhp out of it without real hardware changes.

I would imagine the standard FMIC helps massively compared with the TMIC on the scoob...plus when you hike up the power you are not going to melt the internals like the scoob will. Still a cast iron block on those isn't it?
CAVEMAN

Postby MaverickUK82 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:38 pm

So the main difference between the FQ ranges is the mapping?
MaverickUK82

Postby The Swede » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:02 pm

MaverickUK82 wrote:So the main difference between the FQ ranges is the mapping?

Yes, mainly mapping except for the fact that

- the 340 had a HKS airfilter vs the 320. (I changed to a Green panelfilter)
- 360 has a sportscat vs the 340. (mine's decat, so don't have that problem at all :lol: )

The internals of the 9 are indeed known to be extremely strong. I've been told you can easily get 500bhp out of them without having to uprate them.

I actually really focussed on reliability when I had mine modified. If you're up in the North of Finland, you don't want the car to break down middle of a forest in winter. If it's not the cold getting you, it will be the wolves... :lol:

Not had a single issue so far.
The Swede

Return to For Sale