Login    Register

Crack is Whack.

Say Hi and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Crack is Whack.

Postby Scutch » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:18 am

Hello guys.

I'm sure I registered on here a while back, but upon trying to gain access, I was rebuffed. Ahh. Anyway, registered for real now 8)

I'm Neil, although I usually get called Scutch due to it being my nickname. I drive an Impreza P1 and have done since July 2005 :
forum/viewtopic.php?p=125673#125673

My girlfriend and I have just had a baby girl, who is now 10 weeks old

Due to this, and the fact I dont usually keep cars for longer than a year, we're planning on a change to a WR1 sometime this year. I dont particularly want to sell the P1; its the best car I've ever owned and has been fantastic since I bought her on 27k miles. But sometimes needs must. I love the WR1, the colour and its ability. Another positive is the missus would like one too 8)

Just seeing how things go at the moment, but will probably be asking a few questions in the near future which you can hopefully answer! :D
2004 RB Renault Clio 182 (Coilovers running Mark Fish setup)
Scutch

Postby danr55 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:02 am

welcome :wave:

Sure we can help out :D
danr55
Site Owner

Postby supracat » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:39 am

welcome mate - i understand your predicament.

i'm fortunate to have a heavily mod'd P1 and a std'ish WR1 (which my wife drives all the time!!) and know exactly where you're coming from. We also have a little boy who is 5 and wee girl of 4 weeks. The WR1 is definitely way to go for comfort, convenience, kids, and all that..... - P1 still gives me the best driving pleasure for a blast now and again. but for all round ability, looks, and relative comfort the WR1 is hard to beat. - plus, my wife loves the colour, so that certainly helped when weighing it up against M3's, estate cars etc at the time!!

if you get one i'd definitely recommend the whiteline front anti-dive kit and a replacement downpipe (turbo spools much quicker and smoother) - oh, and of course, run on v-power is a must!!
supracat

Postby Gee Wr1 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:32 pm

Hi Scutch :wave:

Welcome, replied on your post in general section .

Gee
Gee Wr1

Return to New-comers say Hi