Login    Register

Bonjour

Say Hi and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Bonjour

Postby POESY » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:07 am

Been hanging around with a few of the members from the site over the past couple of months so thought i'd just drop a line saying hello.
Don't drive a scooby (got the other one,sorry) but my cousin is thinking of chopping his astra 888 for a wr1 so please be nice!!!
POESY

Postby chris » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:13 am

Welcome to the site.

Don't worry about not having a WR1. :D
Too petty to be a traffic warden...
chris

Postby The Swede » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:24 am

chris's scooby wrote:Welcome to the site.

Don't worry about not having a WR1. :D

Welcome !

Don't worry indeed. There's only few of them left anymore and you don't wanna be associated with those driving 'em anyway :rofl:
The Swede

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:33 am

:wave: hi matey,
so what model u got?? fq 400 8) so who do u know on here b4 we start :wink:
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
"Special Needs" constable

Postby jd » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:39 am

hi
jd

Postby POESY » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:46 am

Spike "THE LEGEND" Mike XXX wrote::wave: hi matey,

Hello and yes and Gangsta Smurff - plus those of you I see at the posers cruise 1st sat of the month, missed the last one but really looking forward to this saturdays (best cruise/meet out there you know, great bunch of people and cars).
POESY

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:53 am

POESY wrote:
Spike "THE LEGEND" Mike XXX wrote::wave: hi matey,

Hello and yes and Gangsta Smurff - plus those of you I see at the posers cruise 1st sat of the month, missed the last one but really looking forward to this saturdays (best cruise/meet out there you know, great bunch of people and cars).

i know u :wink: ,
white fq 400, i'll see u saturday mate,with wozza :D
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:43 pm

welcome to the site you old codger.
Nice to see you've made the change to here from the MidLife Crisis Register (MLR)
Gangsta Smurf

Postby The Swede » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:37 pm

Waw ! Nice car mate ! Hope you'll be telling us more on what it's like to live with.

You looking for a new Spec C scoob next ?

If I remember right, there is a guy around here with a WR1 who beats 400bhp. (anybody can refresh my memory ?)
The Swede

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:01 pm

The Swede wrote:Waw ! Nice car mate ! Hope you'll be telling us more on what it's like to live with.

You looking for a new Spec C scoob next ?

If I remember right, there is a guy around here with a WR1 who beats 400bhp. (anybody can refresh my memory ?)

I think he'll be the first to say it's a pain to live with ... well for the 30 seconds or so before he puts his foot down.

His car absolutely desimates Spec C's ... made one look like it was going backwards at the Poser's Cruise. So don't think his next car will be one of those.

Car is totally awesome!
Gangsta Smurf

Postby danr55 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:27 pm

welcome :D

let's see some pics of this beast please :thumb:
danr55
Site Owner

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:29 pm

Gangsta Smurf

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:30 pm

Gangsta Smurf

Postby danr55 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:35 pm

:thumb:
danr55
Site Owner

Postby POESY » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:54 pm

Gangsta and myself have had some interesting tussles this year and there really is nothing between the cars.

Personnally I think the evo is slightly faster in the first 3 gears and the scooby marginally quicker in the next 3 (but maybe thats just me) - both are fantastic cars and we do enjoy ourselves when out and about together.

I'm not really into modifying cars so thats why I went for the 400 rather than the wr1 which would have required extensive mods to achieve the same level of performance although, as Rob has proven, it can be done.

You pays your money you make your choice.
POESY

Postby danr55 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:59 pm

cool, put up some more pics for us ! :D
have u taken it on a track ?
what bhp is Rob up to now then? .....
danr55
Site Owner

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:02 pm

danr55 wrote:cool, put up some more pics for us ! :D

10 behind me 8)

Lol ... a few special things have been happening in Gangsta Land recently! I say no more!
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:07 pm

POESY wrote:Gangsta and myself have had some interesting tussles this year and there really is nothing between the cars.

Personnally I think the evo is slightly faster in the first 3 gears and the scooby marginally quicker in the next 3 (but maybe thats just me) - both are fantastic cars and we do enjoy ourselves when out and about together.

I'm not really into modifying cars so thats why I went for the 400 rather than the wr1 which would have required extensive mods to achieve the same level of performance although, as Rob has proven, it can be done.

You pays your money you make your choice.

Yeh like side by side along the seafront 8) 8) 8) 8)

On a private section of road owned by me that is!
Gangsta Smurf

Postby POESY » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:08 pm

I'll get some pics up soon, probably at the weekend when i'm back home.

Hoping to be at Brands in November. Have been to Donnington Park three times and Bruntingthorpe twice. Did the Donny South sprint (but not really a track day) and its had a rr day - think it needs a rest now, I know I do :lol:

Not sure what Rob's pushing - judging by how the cars go against each other probably a bit less bhp but a bit more lb/ft - need another rr day I suppose.
POESY

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:10 pm

POESY wrote:I'll get some pics up soon, probably at the weekend when i'm back home.

Hoping to be at Brands in November. Have been to Donnington Park three times and Bruntingthorpe twice. Did the Donny South sprint (but not really a track day) and its had a rr day - think it needs a rest now, I know I do :lol:

Not sure what Rob's pushing - judging by how the cars go against each other probably a bit less bhp but a bit more lb/ft - need another rr day I suppose.

I'm pushing 320bhp mate and 315ft Ilbs ... my car is standard! :wink: :twisted: :wink: Never been touched! :wink:
Gangsta Smurf

Postby danr55 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:10 pm

POESY wrote:I'll get some pics up soon, probably at the weekend when i'm back home.

:thumb: who organsises all ur track days ?
danr55
Site Owner

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:11 pm

Spike "THE LEGEND" Mike XXX wrote:
danr55 wrote:cool, put up some more pics for us ! :D

10 behind me 8)

Lol ... a few special things have been happening in Gangsta Land recently! I say no more!

how u do that? abusing the power :norty: :thumb: look 4ward to seeing on sat nite mate
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:13 pm

giving it some of this .............................

:hump:
Gangsta Smurf

Postby danr55 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:15 pm

Gangsta Smurf wrote:

I'm pushing 320bhp mate and 315ft Ilbs ... my car is standard! :wink: :twisted: :wink: Never been touched! :wink:

I believe ya, thousands wouldn't ! :D
danr55
Site Owner

Postby POESY » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:17 pm

danr55 wrote::thumb: who organsises all ur track days ?

I've been with both evoActive and Suretrack - preferered the evoActive days though, better format. Three 20min sessions per hour (I went in intermediate, middle session) gives car and driver plenty of time to warm up and cool down throughout the day.
I'm relying on gangster to organise Brands so not sure who this is with. The car and my bank account will be getting a couple of months rest after this one :wink:
POESY

Postby POESY » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:18 pm

Gangsta Smurf wrote:I'm pushing 320bhp mate and 315ft Ilbs ... my car is standard! :wink: :twisted: :wink: Never been touched! :wink:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight !!!
POESY

Postby danr55 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:20 pm

POESY wrote:
danr55 wrote::thumb: who organsises all ur track days ?

I've been with both evoActive and Suretrack - preferered the evoActive days though, better format. Three 20min sessions per hour (I went in intermediate, middle session) gives car and driver plenty of time to warm up and cool down throughout the day.
I'm relying on gangster to organise Brands so not sure who this is with. The car and my bank account will be getting a couple of months rest after this one :wink:

keep us posted about brands :D
danr55
Site Owner

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:28 pm

November 28th - Brands Hatch Indy Circuit.

http://www.easytrack.co.uk/events/allev ... &page_id=0

Bottom of November Column.

You can book in yourself and a convoy/ pre-meet will be arranged nearer the time.

If you want some info on track insurance just ask. Have a company which will sort you out if required.
Gangsta Smurf

Postby danr55 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:36 pm

Gangsta Smurf wrote:November 28th - Brands Hatch Indy Circuit.

http://www.easytrack.co.uk/events/allev ... &page_id=0

Bottom of November Column.

You can book in yourself and a convoy/ pre-meet will be arranged nearer the time.

If you want some info on track insurance just ask. Have a company which will sort you out if required.

yep, who do you use for track insurance ? won;t be able to make this day am not around in November :(
danr55
Site Owner

Postby POESY » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:36 pm

Cheers fella - will book next week, get paid tomorrow :lol:

Thanks for the welcome guys and cant wait to see you out and about at the posers on saturday, getting excited already - soooooooooooooo much better than the mlr crap.
POESY

Next

Return to New-comers say Hi