Login    Register

Just wanted to say Hi...

Say Hi and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Just wanted to say Hi...

Postby Chris99 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi all, hope you're all well.

Considering a new car soon, and at the moment, the WR1 seems very attractive due to the rarity of the car. I don't have a huge amount of money to spend, but I've seen a few WR1's come into budget in the last couple of months or so with reasonable mileage (below 50,000 miles), and what seem to be fully standard, well maintained cars.

At the moment, I drive an 05' Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6. Lovely all round car believe it or not, but I suffered a job redundancy a couple of years back, so the Mondeo was a bit of a step down from what I was used to. However, I'm back on track now, and it's time for something to relieve my need for speed :D

Before the Mondeo, I've had a Jag XKR convertible, an Evo 8. I'm still getting to grips on all things Subaru at the minute. On the Evo, I had it serviced every 4,500 miles, or every 6 months, and the belts all changed at 40,000 miles. Would the WR1 need the same kind of attention?

While the WR1 looks the most attractive to me at the moment, there are other cars I'm considering, one being a Vauxhall VX220 turbo, and possibly another Evo, maybe a 9 FQ320/340 or the more classic route such as a 6 Tommi Mak.

So, I hope to stick around and gather as much info as I can, and I apologize in advance for all the questions I might have.

Thanks very much,

Chris
Chris99

Postby Gary75 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Hello and welcome,

The WRI servicing every 5000 miles, i change oil every 6 months regardless of mileage on all cars.
Last edited by Gary75 on Sat May 10, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gary75

Postby SteveS » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi Chris,
Welcome

If you are sizing up the odds and are in no rush, pop down to Bruntingthorpe charity track day on August 11th, its a great day out, have a chat with the club members and run out in a 1 or 2. You will not be dissapointed.

Regards
Steve
SteveS

Postby Chris99 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes :D

I was expecting it to be around 5,000 miles, that's fine, thanks for that.

No, I can't say I'm in a massive rush, but I love buying new toys, so a couple of months max I guess :D

And of course, that would be great If I'm allowed to do that, I'll turn up there if people would be willing to let me have a look around their cars, cheers!

Chris
Chris99

Postby SteveS » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi Chris,

Check out the All events threads for details of the Bruntingthorpe track day, be great to see you there, great people great event and some amazing WR1's.
SteveS

Return to New-comers say Hi