Login    Register

Hi all

Say Hi and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Hi all

Postby Jonnybrads221 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm jonnie from Leeds and I am the new owner of no:221 :o
Is there anyone local?
Jonnybrads221

Postby Cozzy 481 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:52 am

Welcome mate, :wave:
Bmw 320ci msport
Bmw 323i tour msport
Subaru Impreza wrx sti 03 (new)
wr1 481 (New)
Bmw 530i m sport (Champane Edition)
Shogun (06) SORRY
Bmw 330i m sport
Bought WR1 481 back.(SOLD)
Subaru Tribeca B9 SE7 2007.
Cozzy 481

Postby Shane » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:42 pm

Welcome and congratulations on getting a WR1 :D
Shane

Postby SteveS » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi mate, welcome to the club. Enjoy your one and tell us a bit more about it, some pics are always welcome too. :D
SteveS

W

Postby R1ynb » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Welcome mate Youl enjoy your time here.!
R1ynb

Postby Micktype WR1 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Welcome from over here too !
Micktype WR1

Postby John Mc » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:45 am

Hi mate, Megaman is local, north Leeds. WR!Owner (Jonny) is in Bradistan, I'm just further north in Harrogate, just inside border control :wink: :lol:
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby WR 1mposter » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:38 pm

Welcome Jonny, register updated too !
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Jonnybrads221 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Thanks guys.. I'm 25 live in east Morton neer keighley. Car has bc coilovers, remap and exhaust.. Yeah megaman has said he's seen me a couple of times but I have never seen him :-/ Im at harogate quite often I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.. Are there any meets/gatherings soon.. I want to come to the asda charity do.. Do I just turn up? Thanks. Pictures will come soon
Jonnybrads221

Postby marchar » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:48 pm

Welcome and enjoy :)
Nobody told me it was this brutal !
marchar

Postby Megaman » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:12 pm

Jonnybrads221 wrote:Thanks guys.. I'm 25 live in east Morton neer keighley. Car has bc coilovers, remap and exhaust.. Yeah megaman has said he's seen me a couple of times but I have never seen him :-/ Im at harogate quite often I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.. Are there any meets/gatherings soon.. I want to come to the asda charity do.. Do I just turn up? Thanks. Pictures will come soon

I have clients in Halifax and another office in Keighley so go via East Morton quite frequently, so might see more of you.

I also have a blue megane 225 sport that i drive as a daily driver given the mpg on my wr1 in stop start rush hour struggles to get into the teens given its running fairly high power levels.

BC Coilovers are great and should be adjustable if you have the top mounts?
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Jonnybrads221 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:00 pm

Yeah there fully adjustable :D might soften them off tho there a t back breaking settings at the moment,, I did have a private plate on her W7NNA but now it's back on the original WJ04XUG I'll look out for you in the 1 or the megane,, my friend owns a Renault main stealers in York so had some fun in those Meganes :roll: are you off to the asda meet? What's your mod list?
Just clicked! Do you know David brear?? if so I work with him and he has mentioned that he knows someone with a 1...
Jonnybrads221

Postby Megaman » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:21 pm

Jonnybrads221 wrote:Yeah there fully adjustable :D might soften them off tho there a t back breaking settings at the moment,, I did have a private plate on her W7NNA but now it's back on the original WJ04XUG I'll look out for you in the 1 or the megane,, my friend owns a Renault main stealers in York so had some fun in those Meganes :roll: are you off to the asda meet? What's your mod list?
Just clicked! Do you know David brear?? if so I work with him and he has mentioned that he knows someone with a 1...

Yer I have mine on 1 click for the work commute to ease the impact of the speed bumps on my back. Track use I set them to the middle then tweak after 2-3 laps to get them as I want them. Ahh i remember seeing that reg too before.

I was looking for a cheap daily driver for work that was economical but wanted a bit of power so set my goals at 150-170 bhp diesel. However these all started at 6-8k at the time and had around 100k on the clock. I also took the wifes old diesel mondeo to work a few times and only got 30mpg in that in the stop start rush hour. So when I found a megane sport for around 5k thought I had to have it. It does 28mpg in the commute and 33mpg on the motorways.

Meganes are good fun and light so surprising what you keep up with. Dont have the fancy LSD in mine though as its a Ph1. Would be interested to drive a new Megane sport as they have some good reviews, might have to have a word with your friend for me ;).

Yes we are off to brunters, we go down the night before, stay at the hotel for two nights normally, take the kids etc with us and make a weekend of it.

Yes I know Dave Brear very well - lives about 5 houses away from my bro/sis in law in Yeadon. He is a gearbox expert and said he can change my megane gearbox or diff when I break it :lol:. He normally goes drinking with my brother in law Howard. When you say you work with him what do you do?

Small world!
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Jonnybrads221 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:52 pm

I work with him doing gearboxs.. I actually installed an LSD in a megane 225 a couple of weeks ago.. It is a very small world.. He Has shown me your car before on a picture off Facebook..
Sounds really good I might have to come down to the asda meet.. I will have to consider taking them down a couple of clicks when I get time..
To be honest it just feels to pull the steering more with the LSD in may work better on the track although its a bigger car than you imagine is the new megane nice tho.. One of my close friends has a rs500 focus they have quafe lsds in them I think, thats a lovely car nice to drive on/off the track and a blinder of a car they just lack in excitement.. :lol: your one is ment to be a beast isn't it?? 2.5??
Jonnybrads221

Postby WR1 Owner! » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:54 am

welcome!

i dont pop on much but the WR1 is my uncles. he doesnt use computers often!

i have seen quite a few WR1's around now though so not sure if its your i have seen already. there is one in bradford which is a bit battered.. :oops:

missing front grill and mesh and passengers side is bumped aswell.. not the best example..

hope to see it around!
WR1 Owner!

Return to New-comers say Hi