Login    Register

Just Checking In - Potential Buyer

Say Hi and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Just Checking In - Potential Buyer

Postby k1ano » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:16 pm

Hiya folks,

Just checking in ...

Been the owner of a Clio V6 255 for 6 years and run a Toyota GT4 as a run-about but the Vee goes on Sunday so looking out for my next ride - so to speak ...

I have always been a fan of 4x4 homologation/road going models of WRC cars ...

For some reason I am drawn to Subarus, I must admit initially the P1 but these seem a bit long in the tooth now and so not sure one would suite me. Next on the list was the STI-2005 PPP but then I spotted the WR1 ... So currently gathering some information from your forum ...

I am not so sure about the colour so would have to see one - does it grow on you ?

Also I tend to go for lower mileage cars (my Vee is only 23k miles) but is there any advantage in this over a cheaper high mileage car - especially with the power output of these cars ...

I guess another reason for selling the Vee is that it is not something I can explore the odd track day in, unlike the Toyota - which drifts very well too :-) ... Is it sacrilege to consider the odd track day or drift day in the WR1 ?

I do feel like a kid in a sweet shop now with some cash to spend - wisely though ...

Other cars I am considering are, though not all necessarily for track action as I may buy a cheap track toy ...

Noble M12 (bit expensive in all honesty)
Lancia Delta Integrale Evo 2 (bit fragile so no track in this)
Clio Cup/Trophy (cheap but FWD so no drifting)
Megane R26-R (amazing if you've been in one - again FWD)
Skyline GTR 32/33 V spec (always wanted one but not quite sure)
Subaru P1, STI-2005 PPP, WR1 (very worthy of a look !)
Subaru RA 2 door (seem quite cheap for what you get)
NOT an Evo (for some reason, they don't do it for me) ...

Any comments welcome, especially about the WR1 and what you guys get out of the ownership experience ...

Cheers

Martin
k1ano

Re: Just Checking In - Potential Buyer

Postby Andi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:33 pm

Noble M12 (bit expensive in all honesty).....not had one yet
Lancia Delta Integrale Evo 2 (bit fragile so no track in this)....crap but look good
Clio Cup/Trophy (cheap but FWD so no drifting)....birds car
Megane R26-R (amazing if you've been in one - again FWD)...ugly as f.....
Skyline GTR 32/33 V spec (always wanted one but not quite sure)...worthless
Subaru P1, STI-2005 PPP, WR1 (very worthy of a look !)...p1 goes bang for a laugh...mine had 22k on it and goodnight
Subaru RA 2 door (seem quite cheap for what you get)....poor mans p1
NOT an Evo (for some reason, they don't do it for me) ...had 10+ all money pits

Any comments welcome, especially about the WR1 and what you guys get out of the ownership experience ...Look in the for sale , willing to bin the history and clock it back for you :D
Andi

Re: Just Checking In - Potential Buyer

Postby Azyman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Andi wrote:Noble M12 (bit expensive in all honesty).....not had one yet
Lancia Delta Integrale Evo 2 (bit fragile so no track in this)....crap but look good
Clio Cup/Trophy (cheap but FWD so no drifting)....birds car
Megane R26-R (amazing if you've been in one - again FWD)...ugly as f.....
Skyline GTR 32/33 V spec (always wanted one but not quite sure)...worthless
Subaru P1, STI-2005 PPP, WR1 (very worthy of a look !)...p1 goes bang for a laugh...mine had 22k on it and goodnight
Subaru RA 2 door (seem quite cheap for what you get)....poor mans p1
NOT an Evo (for some reason, they don't do it for me) ...had 10+ all money pits

Any comments welcome, especially about the WR1 and what you guys get out of the ownership experience ...Look in the for sale , willing to bin the history and clock it back for you :D

lol that made me chuckle you should be a critc :D if i ever go for another car i will run it by you first
Regs
Geoff
Azyman

Postby Bonovox » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:55 pm

If you see one and are still not sure about the colour I would be wary as I think as someone on here said it's a Marmite kinda thing, you tend to either love it or hate it.
I think it looks sweet personally and a nice change from all the standard Rally Blue with gold wheels Scoobies you see going about.
Had mine a few years but I still lock her up , double check, walk around admiring it then head for my house only to stop at the front door for a final look back grinning like a mentalist :lol:

OCD is a terrible disorder :lol:
Bonovox

Postby Crockel » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Welcome to the site Martin.

I haven't driven a lot of the cars on your list so I can't comment on them. I have however owned a WR1 for a few years and it's my daily drive so I can comment on that.....

I really like the colour (but as Bonovox says it seems to be a marmite thing). The thing that really drew me to it though is it is a doddle to drive, goes like stink, it's completely practical as a family car and was fairly cheap to buy and insure. Running costs are on the high side (especially the official parts which seem to all be manufactured in Japan) but nothing out of the ordinary has played up in the two years I have owned it.

It's really a case of sitting in it and driving it and seeing if you like the way it goes and handles......

L
Last edited by Crockel on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crockel

Postby Andi » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:58 pm

Bonovox wrote:If you see one and are still not sure about the colour I would be wary as I think as someone on here said it's a Marmite kinda thing, you tend to either love it or hate it.
I think it looks sweet personally and a nice change from all the standard Rally Blue with gold wheels Scoobies you see going about.
Had mine a few years but I still lock her up , double check, walk around admiring it then head for my house only to stop at the front door for a final look back grinning like a mentalist :lol:

It's me who doesn't get on with the colour :oops:
Andi

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:05 pm

Andi wrote:
Bonovox wrote:If you see one and are still not sure about the colour I would be wary as I think as someone on here said it's a Marmite kinda thing, you tend to either love it or hate it.

It's me who doesn't get on with the colour :oops:

you are a strange one tho ! :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Chris 280 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:58 pm

buy one ,you wont regret it,had mine 6yrs still love it ,easy to drive ,come along to bruntingthorpe and go around in afew from here and youll definatley want one then and there :lol:
it is better to have had a wr1 and lost it than never to have one at all.
Chris 280

Return to New-comers say Hi