Login    Register

Nearly a Pensioner. Existing Subaru Owner

Say Hi and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Nearly a Pensioner. Existing Subaru Owner

Postby SteveS » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:49 pm

Just joined the site and want to say hello to all. I am the proud owner of a Scubby WRX Prodrive 2003 and am off to look over a WR1 number 71 this Saturday, yes its the one on Ebay. I have studied the posts on this site and wished I had joined earlier. Anyway, I will let you know how I get on.
Regards
Steve
SteveS

Postby cammyd » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Good luck in your search for a scubby!
cammyd

Postby SteveS » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:28 pm

cammyd wrote:Good luck in your search for a scubby!

OOps, not a good start, should have spelled it Scooby...will give myself a good shoeing for that error. :roll:
SteveS

Postby Bonovox » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:07 am

Hope you find a good one welcome to the site. :wave:
Bonovox

Warning 71 A RECOVERED VEHIClE lost date 18/11 2008

Postby SUBDJ » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:58 am

Please run your own dvla check it comes up as A RECOVERED VEHIClE lost date 18/11 2008 vin ***9983.The guy says he knows nothing about it ,but he works with his farther in they're own body shop.It fine if your looking for a cat C or D.
Hope this saves you time and money.
Sudj
SUBDJ

Postby MaverickUK82 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:08 am

Good post SUBDJ
MaverickUK82

Re: Warning 71 A RECOVERED VEHIClE lost date 18/11 2008

Postby SteveS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:07 pm

SUBDJ wrote:Please run your own dvla check it comes up as A RECOVERED VEHIClE lost date 18/11 2008 vin ***9983.The guy says he knows nothing about it ,but he works with his farther in they're own body shop.It fine if your looking for a cat C or D.
Hope this saves you time and money.
Sudj

Good grief, am in the process of running a HPI check. Have run a DVLA check seems OK, where did you get you intel from? I am aware that it has been stolen recovered but he says it had no damage........... . Am concerned now. Thanks for the heads up on this one
SteveS

Postby Crockel » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Welcome to the site Steve.

If it is recorded on the register I would personally avoid it like the plague unless it is very cheap. There are plenty of good straight (unrecorded) cars on the market nowadays.

L

NB Having now seen the auction on EBay I would say that car is between £2k and £2.5k overpriced if it is recorded as stolen recovered
Crockel

Postby SUBDJ » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi Steve pm me your moible address and i will forward my text message on to you.Or if you text the number 83600 and send the number eg r777*** and you get a text back with in seconds.But unless you are looking to buy a cat c or d at the the munch lower price.
PS I have been to see this car in Peterbrough.
Subdj
SUBDJ

Postby Foley » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:03 am

I like how he says he looked at 3 wr1's before this one, So he picks the dog, out of all the subaru's he viewed :lol:
Focus ST's rule!!!
Foley

Postby Micktype WR1 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi Steve and welcome to the forums.
Micktype WR1

Postby SteveS » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:28 am

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, off to look at no 57 today.
SteveS

Postby stevecwr1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi everyone im steve, the proud owner of number 71 and thought id better give my side of the story after reading all your comments. I brought the car in spetember 2010 after viewing three others that werent in anywhere near as nice condition, i since found out after subdj viewed the car that the car was stolen recoverd in nov 2008 (and noted it clearly in my advert after) and it has absolutley nothing to do with me, it is NOT listed as being damaged. I am a car sprayer by trade and me and my dad run our own bodyshop together, i invite everyone who commented to check out our website www.peterboroughtrimrepairs.co.uk and im sure you will see that were a reputable company, you will also notice if you look at our website that we dont get involved at all with heavily crash damaged cars and only do light panel damage really. I have not hidden my job from anyone, i even took another guy to view it in my bodyshop as it was dark and raining who didnt end up buying it because he had some insurance problems after arranging as deal with me. As i am in the trade ive got a very keen eye for previous damage and paint repair as has my dad who has been repairing cars for 35 years and came with me when i brought it. You can quite clearly tell that the car hasnt been accident damaged, if it was when it was stolen a couple of years ago and probably worth between 15-20k it would of had to of taken a hell of a crash to write it off and i would be able to tell it had been worked on. Steve the poster of this thread didnt come and see the car as he was quite rightly put off by the rubbish he'd read about me and my car, he was fully aware the car was stolen recoverd and id been completley honest about it with him when he was originally going to view it. I would like to add also that subdj decided to make the journey from wales to peterborough without hpi checking the car first, which is clearly why hes been slating me and my car. I can fully appreciate him being annoyed but its not my fault he didnt check the car before he came and since he did i put it in the advert as mentioned earlier. I think the car is fairly priced for the mileage and condition of it, if it was cat d or c then i completley agree it wouldnt be worth what im asking. Ive feel very angry that others have also made harsh comments about me and my car knowing nothing about it at all, especialy 'foley' who i noticed is a moderator and should be clearing forums or the kind of comments he made, not making them himself.
Id appreciate if another person comes on the forum mentioning that there coming to see my car, that they know exactly what they are coming to look at, people keep there opinions to themselves and let the person make their own mind up about it, thankyou.
stevecwr1

Postby Crockel » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Welcome to the site Steve and thanks for putting your side of the story.

I will let others comment on anything they might have said above but as I made one comment I will expand on mine.

I did look at your Ebay auction and you clearly pointed out that the car is stolen recovered with no body damage.

Your buy it now price is very similar to the price that members of this forum have sold similar unrecorded cars with similar mileage for in recent months.

There is however a stigma attached to cars which are recorded on the register which ultimately gets reflected in their value. From knowledge of friends that have sold stolen recovered the reduction in value is normally in the 20-25% below normal market value.

I personally wouldn't ever buy a recorded car when there are loads on the market that aren't- that's just me. If someone is going to buy it and run it into the ground/ completely modify etc then it probably won't make a lot of difference to them. You could also argue that as it happened over 2 years ago any problems with the car should have come to light by now.

I wish you luck selling your car.

L
Crockel

Postby stevecwr1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:12 pm

I understand what your saying and can understand your reasoning. In my personal opinion the price is what i think its worth, and as its a completly different thing to a cat d or c car i dont think it warrants the same price reduction, i appreciate some potential buyers wont see it that way. I fully expect to get chipped down on the asking price and i know i wont get what im asking for it so you have to leave some room for it.
stevecwr1

Postby Andi » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:30 pm

:D mines hpi clear and good money
Andi

Postby WR 1mposter » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:16 pm

stevecwr1 wrote:Hi everyone im steve, the proud owner of number 71 and thought id better give my side of the story after reading all your comments. I brought the car in spetember 2010 after viewing three others that werent in anywhere near as nice condition, i since found out after subdj viewed the car that the car was stolen recoverd in nov 2008 (and noted it clearly in my advert after) and it has absolutley nothing to do with me, it is NOT listed as being damaged. I am a car sprayer by trade and me and my dad run our own bodyshop together, i invite everyone who commented to check out our website www.peterboroughtrimrepairs.co.uk and im sure you will see that were a reputable company, you will also notice if you look at our website that we dont get involved at all with heavily crash damaged cars and only do light panel damage really. I have not hidden my job from anyone, i even took another guy to view it in my bodyshop as it was dark and raining who didnt end up buying it because he had some insurance problems after arranging as deal with me. As i am in the trade ive got a very keen eye for previous damage and paint repair as has my dad who has been repairing cars for 35 years and came with me when i brought it. You can quite clearly tell that the car hasnt been accident damaged, if it was when it was stolen a couple of years ago and probably worth between 15-20k it would of had to of taken a hell of a crash to write it off and i would be able to tell it had been worked on. Steve the poster of this thread didnt come and see the car as he was quite rightly put off by the rubbish he'd read about me and my car, he was fully aware the car was stolen recoverd and id been completley honest about it with him when he was originally going to view it. I would like to add also that subdj decided to make the journey from wales to peterborough without hpi checking the car first, which is clearly why hes been slating me and my car. I can fully appreciate him being annoyed but its not my fault he didnt check the car before he came and since he did i put it in the advert as mentioned earlier. I think the car is fairly priced for the mileage and condition of it, if it was cat d or c then i completley agree it wouldnt be worth what im asking. Ive feel very angry that others have also made harsh comments about me and my car knowing nothing about it at all, especialy 'foley' who i noticed is a moderator and should be clearing forums or the kind of comments he made, not making them himself.
Id appreciate if another person comes on the forum mentioning that there coming to see my car, that they know exactly what they are coming to look at, people keep there opinions to themselves and let the person make their own mind up about it, thankyou.

Steve you say you viewed 3 others before you brought 071, yet being in the trade you never hpi'd it yourself, especially being the type of car it is. Also does it not say on the V5 that the car has been a insurance loss via stolen or accident ! I know I've sold cars that have this on the V5.

Personally I'd hpi any vehicle before leaving home, if the price was right it wouldn't bother me being a cat c or cat d (cat d will possibly need a engineers report) providing it was repaired to orignal high standard, after all it's a 7 year old car now and a full respray ain't far off :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Andi » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:51 pm

^^^cat c is marked up on v5 , stolen rec is normally cat x

A cat d worth about 80% normal price
Cat c 60-65%

Cat x not got a clue never had one!
Andi

Postby stevecwr1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:01 pm

I hpi'd the first two which were clear and didnt bother on the others, also as i said i could tell it hadnt been damaged so wasnt concerned. Dosent say anything on the logbook. I wouldnt buy a cat d/c car as they never get mended properly because salvage is too expensive and people tend to want to just bodge them up and make a quick earner, also 10 grands worth of damage is a massive amount, a car would be wrecked, and depending on how long ago somethings been damaged it could of been a lot more, my car certainly wont be due a respray anytime soon.
stevecwr1

Postby Andi » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:09 pm

Cat d's are the shitters mate as your in the trade you'll know that. The good points to a cat c yeah they've had a harder knock but they have to have a vic check done which are getting stricter every year.......I'm assuming yours is a cat x??......if so it's foooooook all damage
Anyhooooo's no matter what good luck with the sale there a bugger to sell at the moment
Andi
Andi

Postby WR 1mposter » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:26 am

stevecwr1 wrote:I hpi'd the first two which were clear and didnt bother on the others, also as i said i could tell it hadnt been damaged so wasnt concerned. Dosent say anything on the logbook. I wouldnt buy a cat d/c car as they never get mended properly because salvage is too expensive and people tend to want to just bodge them up and make a quick earner, also 10 grands worth of damage is a massive amount, a car would be wrecked, and depending on how long ago somethings been damaged it could of been a lot more, my car certainly wont be due a respray anytime soon.

So nothing on the log book !

Don't see the issue then, good luck with the sale.
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Foley » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:48 am

I think you were just trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes, That's my opinion and i wont keep it to myself :lol:
Focus ST's rule!!!
Foley

Postby John Mc » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:35 pm

I wouldn't ever touch a stolen recovered, I know what we used to do to them :lol:

That's just my personal opinion and I'm not sharing that with anyone, even you fozzer you :gayflag: :dickhead:
John Mc

Postby hightower » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:36 pm

fair play to come out and give his side of the story!

as for the price, a car is only worth what someone is willing to play
Gracing the drive.....BMW M3 E92 with all the toys!/Integra DC5/ Integra DC2 race car/BMW X5
gone...Impreza RB320 No 112
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Seat Leon Cupra 225
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Postby SUBDJ » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi Stevec wr 1 thanks for your side and like you said we are all have our personal opinion.Yes you have now changed your ad to show your new found info!!!.bUT AS I SAID TO YOU YOUR CAR WAS SHOWING A LOSS ON WHICH YOU THOUGHT IT WAS DUE TO THE PRIVATE PLATE!!!!.On veiwing i thought that the frt o/s wing had been painted the black seal behing the lamp was torn /the n/s headlamp was lose and out from the wing,the rest of the car was genraly good with a few marks here and there i thought the boot lid had some nasty marks which i pointed out to you ,There was no plague on centtre consoul and you had a problem with the two keys one would start the car and other would not,
Hy but thats just my honest opinion.
Subdj
SUBDJ

Postby Foley » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:59 pm

Mc Tiddler: Gay And Proud wrote:I wouldn't ever touch a stolen recovered, I know what we used to do to them :lol:

That's just my personal opinion and I'm not sharing that with anyone, even you fozzer you :gayflag: :dickhead:

We use to have some laugh with stolen cars :lol:

That's good coming from MR John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) :lol:
Focus ST's rule!!!
Foley

Postby stevecwr1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:37 pm

thanks to everyone whos posted positive comments, think some people have mabey got the wrong end of the stick with me saying id appreciate them keeping opinions to themselves, if you wouldnt buy a stolen recoverd car thats fine and not what i was getting at. I said this because id thought it was very unfair how id lost a potential buyer coming to view the car because of what people had wrote about it and me and didnt want the same thing to happen again if another person came on the forum saying they were coming to see it. I explained the situation to make people on the forum aware that if someone is coming to see it they know all about it being stolen recoverd ect and dont need to tell them and start another thread that ends up going they way this one has. As someone mentioned its not an easy time to sell at the moment and its the last thing you need to have buyers put off. Subdj- you suggested that it may be something to do with the private plate not me, i agreed at the time it was a possibility. Im sure every car out there has some minor issues with it one way or another, there a 7 year old performance car.
stevecwr1

Postby SteveS » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Can now declare that I am now in possession of No 57 and is sooooooooooo nice. Looking forward to seeing you all at Bruntingthorpe in August. :D
SteveS

Postby Cozzy 481 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Well done steves, Have fun mate! Second and third gear everywhere and foot flat down to floor is what i find is most enjoyable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :wink:
Bmw 320ci msport
Bmw 323i tour msport
Subaru Impreza wrx sti 03 (new)
wr1 481 (New)
Bmw 530i m sport (Champane Edition)
Shogun (06) SORRY
Bmw 330i m sport
Bought WR1 481 back.(SOLD)
Subaru Tribeca B9 SE7 2007.
Cozzy 481

Return to New-comers say Hi