Login    Register

Another newbie

Say Hi and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Another newbie

Postby LeeT1982 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi everybody im Lee and im currently looking for a wr1 or possibly a rb320 if i can get one at a good price, but mainly wanting a wr1! I have missed a few nice ones that have sold this month from members from here so a bit gutted but im sure the one i want will be right around the corner, i would rather buy one that has been owned by somebody off this site so that i know i wont be buying a wrong'un so if anybody has a low mileage (under30k)wr1 with full service history and that has been well cared for i have the cash waiting for the right one cheers Lee in kent
LeeT1982

Postby cammyd » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:50 pm

Try 181 on this forum mate. Looks like a good un!
cammyd

Postby LeeT1982 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:03 pm

Yea already emailed gary on pistonheads about that car said he had taken a deposit already cheers anyway though
LeeT1982

Postby Cozzy 481 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:29 pm

#043 for sale but 50k. Good price though £9995! forum member :wink:
Bmw 320ci msport
Bmw 323i tour msport
Subaru Impreza wrx sti 03 (new)
wr1 481 (New)
Bmw 530i m sport (Champane Edition)
Shogun (06) SORRY
Bmw 330i m sport
Bought WR1 481 back.(SOLD)
Subaru Tribeca B9 SE7 2007.
Cozzy 481

Postby Chris B » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:20 am

Welcome to the club Lee.
Heaven can wait....I'm playing with my scooby.
Chris B

Postby NewSuboy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:33 am

Cozzy 481 wrote:#043 for sale but 50k. Good price though £9995! forum member :wink:

Lol thanks mate... Its like I have you guys working for me lol

:lol:
UK TURBO...SOLD
P1 976.....SOLD
WR1 043.... SOLD
M3 CAB (E46) ..SOLD
EVO IX MR FQ-360 (running 410/430)
NewSuboy

Re: Another newbie

Postby John Mc » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:02 pm

LeeT1982 wrote:i would rather buy one that has been owned by somebody off this site so that i know i wont be buying a wrong'un so if anybody has a low mileage (under30k)wr1 with full service history and that has been well cared for i have the cash waiting for the right one cheers Lee in kent

Out of interest, why are you interested in low mileage examples, why would you not just go for say a 50-60k miler?
John Mc

Postby LeeT1982 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:11 pm

Mc Tiddler: Gay And Proud wrote:
LeeT1982 wrote:i would rather buy one that has been owned by somebody off this site so that i know i wont be buying a wrong'un so if anybody has a low mileage (under30k)wr1 with full service history and that has been well cared for i have the cash waiting for the right one cheers Lee in kent

Out of interest, why are you interested in low mileage examples, why would you not just go for say a 50-60k miler?[/quote

Just for the re-sale value mainly, as there currently a huge difference in price between 50-60k miler and say a 25k miler thats my only reason for wanting a low miler really i know there not going to be worth any more than what people want to pay but a low mileage car always seems to sell well also ;)
LeeT1982

Postby John Mc » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:51 pm

LeeT1982 wrote:

Out of interest, why are you interested in low mileage examples, why would you not just go for say a 50-60k miler?

Just for the re-sale value mainly, as there currently a huge difference in price between 50-60k miler and say a 25k miler thats my only reason for wanting a low miler really i know there not going to be worth any more than what people want to pay but a low mileage car always seems to sell well also ;)

Interesting mate.

I totally agree with you but it was inferred that I was talking shite on a different thread about high mileage (although I was referring to having more maintenance with higher mileage) :lol:

When I bought mine it had 36k on it and when I sold it, it had just under 50k on it. Depreciated about 8k over 2 years! I don't regret buying it though, amazing bit of kit.

Welcome to the forum BTW :thumb:
John Mc

Postby Foley » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:31 pm

LeeT1982 wrote:

Interesting mate.

I totally agree with you but it was inferred that I was talking shite on a different thread about high mileage (although I was referring to having more maintenance with higher mileage) :lol:

When I bought mine it had 36k on it and when I sold it, it had just under 50k on it. Depreciated about 8k over 2 years! I don't regret buying it though, amazing bit of kit.

What you talking about? Your always talking shite :lol:
Focus ST's rule!!!
Foley

Postby John Mc » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Foley wrote:
LeeT1982 wrote:

Interesting mate.

What you talking about? Your always talking shite :lol:

You are Scottish... End of

:dickhead: :finger: :wank: :fight: :off: :gay: :2:
John Mc

Postby Steveyk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:29 pm

I bought mine with 56k on, but over 12 months I'll do less than 3500 miles in it, so if I decide to get rid after 3 years, it'll be 10 years old and still only have around 66k on it. If I had one with less than 30k on I wouldn't want to drive it!

Mileage not an issue as long as the car has been looked after and serviced religiously. Also 10k miles on a track are probably worth 100k on the road!

Seems resale value is a sore point anyway at the minute, and with fuel prices only going up, there can't be many people willing to buy a car that struggles to do 25mpg!
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby Micktype WR1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:52 pm

You really better contact NewSuboy fromm here.........

His minter is 10K to buy....... recalling what you said about paying more for a low mileage example.... well, pay less and buy a 50K example.. WIN WIN !

:roll:
Micktype WR1

Postby LeeT1982 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:02 pm

Id rather spend all the money i have on a low miler, otherwise the missus will only want to spend whats left over ;)
LeeT1982

Postby John Mc » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:33 am

Steveyk wrote:I bought mine with 56k on, but over 12 months I'll do less than 3500 miles in it, so if I decide to get rid after 3 years, it'll be 10 years old and still only have around 66k on it. If I had one with less than 30k on I wouldn't want to drive it!

Why not? You could drive it for 2 years and still sell it with 37k (still fairly low) When you get higher mileage you are wondering what resale values will be like... it is all in the mind, I know the cars are good for 100k+ miles but people who haven't owned them will not be so "believing" and will naturally want lower mileage ones.... It is purely in peoples' heads.

Steveyk wrote:Mileage not an issue as long as the car has been looked after and serviced religiously. Also 10k miles on a track are probably worth 100k on the road!

Well, you say that but the only people who agree with you are owners who will want to sell theirs one day!! Newbie buyers seem to prefer lower mileage (or high milers priced appropriately). If you managed 10k miles on a track you must live on a track!! bearing in mind a full tank in a WR1 on a track will last you about 80 miles (or less Mega :lol: ) you'd have spent about 9k on fuel @£70 a tank....

Steveyk wrote:Seems resale value is a sore point anyway at the minute, and with fuel prices only going up, there can't be many people willing to buy a car that struggles to do 25mpg!

Very true mate but there are still a lot of people who do have cash to spend...
John Mc

Return to New-comers say Hi