Login    Register

WR 1 Help and info please

Say Hi and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
WR 1 Help and info please

Postby SUBDJ » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Hi to you all !!!!
I am looking at buying a wr1 and i am going to view 056 on Sunday 5th feb.Is there anybody out there that knows any history on 056.I have been told by the owner that it is 33,000 on the clock and FSH with minor mods.Your help would be munch appreciated.Any things i should look out for.If this ones not for me then there might be one on here i can view.
Heres hoping to keeping the WR1 OC numbers up.
ps 1st time posting hope it's ok
Dean
SUBDJ

Postby Micktype WR1 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:08 pm

Hello Dean and welcome to the forums.

LOOK in the Register section. You can search for your number there and see if any history comes up.

As for things to look or listen for..... well theres ONE main thing and thats the rear shocks. Suggest you ask if they've been changed from the originals as they ALL GO CLUNK ....you'll feel it at very very low speed or just pulling away, several members report no noise, just feels like youve run over something small !
(Even if they've been changed to a new set of Subaru ones..... that's not a lot of help as THOSE will go the same way ! )

I'm coping well with my originals as I regularly lubricate the shafts with WD40. :wink:

ps...... best car Ive ever owned or will EVER own !
Micktype WR1

Postby SUBDJ » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:53 pm

Cheers thaks for the respounce.I have already tried the search.Nothing came up.I also had a hpi and dvla check all came uo clear.Just thought with 4 former owners might have been a bit of know history out there.
Dean
SUBDJ

Postby Steveyk » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:02 pm

How odd that the WR1 OC has nearly a thousand registered members, but still not everyone who owns or has ever owned a 1...

Incidentally my rear shocks are perfect after 56k, maybe I got the only set that were made properly :lol:

Check the condition of the brakes, because as I've just discovered, replacing all the discs and pads is not a cheap job.

Otherwise, check everything you'd usually check, make sure it has the tax disc holder, keyring and mats and then sit back and enjoy owning the best car in the world! (possibly)

I've had my 1 since August last year and literally loved every second of it. I even love the fact I've had to refuel after as little as 160 miles before. That was a good week.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby SUBDJ » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:58 pm

Cheers thanks for the reply.Are these key rings,mats and tax discs hard to come by.AS for the petrol i am used to that has my car at the moment is a 280bhp RB5 1999 ,SO THE CAR LIKES TO DRINK AND i like to drive.
Dran
SUBDJ

Postby Bonovox » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:15 am

SUBDJ wrote:Cheers thanks for the reply.Are these key rings,mats and tax discs hard to come by.AS for the petrol i am used to that has my car at the moment is a 280bhp RB5 1999 ,SO THE CAR LIKES TO DRINK AND i like to drive.
Dran

Key Rings - Hens teeth, If they ever come up you will pay about a £100+ for a good one on ebay

Mats - Think still available from dealer?

Tax Disc - Individually numbered but can be made at a price
Bonovox

Postby BIG"E" » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Welcome Dean..

Good luck .

Check out the service history.
BIG"E"

Postby Steveyk » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:57 pm

WR1 mats on eBay £74.95. Not sure if genuine but they look ok in the pics. Keyrings not numbered, but tax disc holders are. Not sure why anybody would sell on a WR1 without these vital bits!
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Return to New-comers say Hi