Login    Register

Hi all

Say Hi and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Hi all

Postby WR1GiRL » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Hey there,

Thought i'd pop a post up and say hi, looking to sell my MK2 UG Focus RS and have now decided i'm in love with the WR1's :D

I wanted to ask if there is anything i need to be careful of? or any cars known of i should avoid?? any problems anyone has had? and are services as expensive as i've been told?

I did see one in the for sale section i should avoid (kinda glad someone put the link to this forum on their pistonheads advert lol)

Seen a couple of low mileage ones that look in pristine condition so i'm itching now to get my car sold and get into my first scooby :D

anyway sorry for all the questions :? lol

Lou x
WR1GiRL

Postby WR 1mposter » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:38 am

Welcome to the forum

Only real issue with WR1's are the knocking rear shocks, but all sti's suffer with the same, other than that happy motoring

Expect 200-ish smiles per miles tankful so deep pockets needed !
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby WR1GiRL » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:55 am

The RS has a bit of a drinking problem and before that i owned a VXR8 so i'm used to guzzling cars fortunately x

Will make sure to ask about shocks 8)
WR1GiRL

Postby Thomo no 11 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Hello Lou

Big welcome from Gloucester :thumb:

Generally its a problem free motor, the only issues we"ve had are like 1mposter said about the rear shocks,
there is a issue with the "power sensitive alternator" basically where the alternator only kicks in when extra power "not including the general running of the engine" is used say when you put your lights on the alternator charges the battery, so if you dont use your wr1 regularly & dont drive with your lights on your gona get a flat battery. forum/viewtopic.php?t=11640

This is"nt nothing to worry about thou so get yourself a wr1 & enjoy the ride.

Thomo
Thomo no 11

Postby Shane » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Hello and welcome.
You won't regret it if you get a WR1, don't worry to much about fuel consumption and servicing costs. You can get a major service for about £350 and get 18 MPG with average driving, 13 MPG foot on the floor which in my opinion is not bad considering the performance of the car.
Worth every penny! :D
Shane

Postby WR1GiRL » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Thanks for the info guys, and to Wombat for the PM, you've been really helpful :D

The RS was on an average of 23mpg but i think thats lying as i've never seen a needle move that fast, even in my V8 it was slightly better consumption :lol: so 18mpg wouldn't phase me and i know of nearly every shell garage around the UK now LOL!

also, modified ones - should i avoid them or be more cautious?? seen a couple with a fair few mods on whilst looking today x

Have any of you changed exhaust to an aftermarket? or is the standard exhaust nice and throaty anyway?
WR1GiRL

Postby huzzy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:01 pm

In the 6 months I've owned mine I have averaged 27.34 MPG........

But then I'm reknowned for driving like a girl.
Previously:
Subaru Impreza WRX (P95 CJH)
Subaru Impreza WRX (DV52 LJZ)
Subaru Impreza WRX STI WR1#131(VE04 LUW)
Subaru Impreza STI Hawkeye Spec C (YD06 NGT)
Subaru Impreza 22B #377 (S22BHU)
Now:
Subaru Impreza STI Hawkeye Spec C Type RA
huzzy

Postby Foley » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi and welcome,

Who's Wombat?
Foley

Postby WR1GiRL » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:26 pm

LOL Huzzy, well that's a good mpg and even driving sedately in the RS i've only managed to have it at 23.5 average so least i know there's ways to keep some fuel in the tank :lol:

Foley, was a member who PM'd me and gave me a load of info on the WR1's, so thought i'd thank them :D

Thanks for the welcomes and info so far all 8)
WR1GiRL

Postby buffy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:06 pm

i got 553miles out of 130pounds worth of petrol last weekend, and around town get about50miles out of 20pounds abuot average???
LBUFFIN
buffy

Postby Shane » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:12 pm

The standard exhaust is just right in my opinion, a nice roar at high revs without being to loud when you don't want it to be
Shane

Postby WR1GiRL » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:20 pm

How bigs the tank anyhow buffy??

Thanks Shane, i quite like a throaty sounding exhaust so i usually end up with an aftermarket one on any car i have but if standard one sounds good then i may not have to x
WR1GiRL

Postby huzzy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:39 am

60 litres the tank is. I'm thinking about having abit done to my car after a small inheritance, not sure which exhaust though a Blitz Nur Spec R or a Roger Clark Team Ice.
Previously:
Subaru Impreza WRX (P95 CJH)
Subaru Impreza WRX (DV52 LJZ)
Subaru Impreza WRX STI WR1#131(VE04 LUW)
Subaru Impreza STI Hawkeye Spec C (YD06 NGT)
Subaru Impreza 22B #377 (S22BHU)
Now:
Subaru Impreza STI Hawkeye Spec C Type RA
huzzy

Postby WR1GiRL » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:43 am

From listening to a few vids on Youtube, think i'd end up with the Blitz if it was me choosing one :)
WR1GiRL

Postby Micktype WR1 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:55 pm

Ello from Worcs Lou. Welcome and it;s good to see you posting even before buying the ONE.

If you fancy a bit of pop/bang and a flash from the zorst at night.....

(Whoops, does that sound W R O N G ..... ? )

ahem......... as you were, Well, the Roger Clark Motorsport "System" is brilliant. Headers, 3" system right through and decatted............ LOVELY !

Anyway, IF you get some history of either the car or the owners then don't worry about buying a car with mods. Tis what I did which saved me the higher costs of doing them myself.

There's a very nice WR1 4 sale on our forum right now....... go see !
Micktype WR1

Postby WR1GiRL » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:29 pm

Hi Mick,

thanks for the welcome :D

Yeah i've seen one i absolutely adore but until i sell the RS i'm kinda stuck :cry:

hopefully it'll sell soon and i can get to buying x

oh and thanks for the heads up on exhaust, i'll have to look up that one 8)
WR1GiRL

Postby zedder » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:54 pm

WR1GiRL wrote:From listening to a few vids on Youtube, think i'd end up with the Blitz if it was me choosing one :)

heres a couple of pics of my blitz!! :D
gives you an idea of what the blitz looks like on the wr1!! 8)
zedder

Postby WR1GiRL » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:57 pm

LOL helpful but unhelpful :lol:

now i'll not know which one to go for!! x

oh and if anyone knows anyone looking for an Ultimate Green RS, fully loaded with lux pk 2, leather and bluetooth, usb - let me know!! lol x
WR1GiRL

Postby BIG"E" » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:41 am

Welcome WR1Girl.

Exhausts are a personal thing, personally I have a Vortex Afterburner that gives out a slight whistle when giving it some beans wind the rear windows down and watch the smile on me face.

One thing to bear in mind is if you want to go on a track alot of aftermarket exhausts will exceed the noise limits.

I hope you find the right 1 soon, how much do want for the RS out of interest?
BIG"E"

Postby WR1GiRL » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:26 pm

Sorry for late reply, been a right old week :roll: lol x

RS is up on PH for 24.5k but had a company interested in it and waiting to see whats going on.

I'd down price without problem for a sale though :lol:

Do many ppl track the 1's then?? I've listened to the Vortex, sounds very nice indeed but the Blitz sound won out for me :D
WR1GiRL

Postby zedder » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:50 pm

why r u selling the rs ? was u not happy with it? only asking cos woz thinking about getting one in the near future!! :lol: could always do a straight swap lol :wink: :lol:
zedder

Postby WR1GiRL » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:25 pm

zedder wrote:why r u selling the rs ? was u not happy with it? only asking cos woz thinking about getting one in the near future!! :lol: could always do a straight swap lol :wink: :lol:

LOL, i hope you meant swap and money to me :P x

not swapping due to not liking it, it's more a few reasons.

Main reason is i'm doing too many miles in it and it does drink a fair bit of fuel x

other reasons are due to wanting something different, while it's a fantastic car to drive i went from a VXR8 running 485bhp through those back wheels and I adored the power, just not the obvious lack of good cornering lol x so something like the WR1 would appeal to my taste a little more :D

The RS is definitely a car i'm glad i've owned and i know i'll miss it in a lot of ways, but it doesn't tick all the necessary boxes for me at this moment in time x

pistonheads advert (not great pics but i'll be doing better ones)...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1847002.htm

i've just updated ad so it'll change in a bit as car is nearly back to standard and i've dropped price x
WR1GiRL

Postby zedder » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:32 pm

looks a very nice rs youve got and a decent price !! tbh the green is a bit in yer face 4 me !! lol 8) i would be wanting the white or blue !! :D as for drinking fuel ,i think you will find the wr1 on par with your rs so i think you will only benefit if you have an lpg conversion lol!! :lol: i still think the wr1 is the ladies fave scoob !! cos of the colour lol!! thats what i find anyway :wink: good luck with the sale im sure it will go at that price and hope you get a good deal on a wr1 :thumb:
zedder

Postby WR1GiRL » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:43 pm

LOL it's a marmite colour the UG but the people who love it really love it :lol:

I must admit part of why i like the 1 is the colour is gorgeous, but having not owned a scooby before something like a WR1 or RB320 really appeals to me x

I don't mind the drinking fuel when it's something with a bit of power, that can be modded easily to produce more power and not FWD lol x i'd go back into a VXR8 if it wasn't a bit of a barge round corners and they've gone back to overpriced at the min, when i sold mine i got slaughtered on price!! I shall also add the VXR8 used less fuel than the RS!! :shock: x
WR1GiRL

Postby zedder » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:09 pm

you sure have great taste in motors, if not colour lol :lol: those vxr8s make my astra vxr look very tame lol and you dont see many about !! the rb 320 is a stunning looking scoob, which i would like!! but you pay the higher road tax plus i think the 2ltr engine in the wr1 is better!! but if i woz buying another scoob i think it would be this http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1898514.htm
:thumb:
zedder

Postby WR1GiRL » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:18 pm

LOL i looked at that one, nice!! x

i had an astra VXR, what colour did/do you have?? Mine was Arden with a carbon bonnet and black BBS rims :D

My VXR8 was Heron white with gun metal 20" alloys and lots of wortec goodies, lots of fun in a straight line and i used to love watching people's jaws drop when i started it up :lol:

will dig out some piccys if i can...
WR1GiRL

Postby zedder » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm

Snap!! mines arden blue !! common as muck lol :lol: so you have got taste in colour lol !! :lol: and i cant believe you had black wheels cos i keep toying with the idea of changing mine to black lol !! dont know about the carbon bonnet though!! :wink: that vxr8 sounds cool 8) no wonder you miss it !! do get some pics up if you get chance!!
zedder

Postby WR1GiRL » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:16 am

The VXR8...

The Astra...

with the older wheels on...

WR1GiRL

Postby zedder » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:37 am

Nice pics !! the vxr8 looks awesome in white and those wheels look huge !! its got that kinda mad max look!! :lol: if that makes sence lol!! and the astra does look well with the carbon bonnett and black wheels and i do like that blue rim round the edge of the wheels!! did you get the engine modded? you do like your cars!! :lol:
zedder

Postby WR1GiRL » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:48 am

LOL if you think it looked mad you should've heard it - it was nicknamed "Thunder of God" and my ex used to say that's what it would sound like if God farted LOL!! x

The astra was running a stage 3 remap and had FMIC, hose upgrades, bilstein and eibach suspension set up, the 19 inch BBS's, carbon bonnet, carbon wrap splitter, had interior re upholstered with the middles in blue alcantara with VXR stitched in, remus full system exhaust, RARB, tints, ap racing 4 pots... could have been more lol x is quite a famous car, was in total vauxhall a few times :lol: and also once in fast ford lol x

dark wheels on the astra look good if you haven't got the MY07.5 onwards as they had the chrome window surrounds and it can look a little off unless they're changed i think x

The bbs's come with a silver lip and i had it re-done in arden blue :D

edit: forgot the blue SMD conversion inside and i had MissVXR on the console lit up :lol:
WR1GiRL

Return to New-comers say Hi