Login    Register

HELLO EVERYONE

Say Hi and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Postby IAN » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:12 pm

O on jason im sorry but im not going 2 pull out i am looking for a mint low mileage car and yours defo fitts the bill SORRY
IAN

Done the right thing!

Postby wr381 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:22 am

Believe me mate, once you've got rid of it you'll be glad! I've just got rid of mine and I won't look back,it was nice while i had it and i thought i'd miss it but i really don't! I found mine to be like having a high maintenance mucky woman for a girlfriend,good for fun and plenty of fun it was but not something you would want to settle down with.I won't ever get another one now. I've done that one,it's off my list! Good car though,make the most of it while you have it then move on. WR1= GREEDY b*stard! :evil:
wr381

Postby John Mc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:40 am

Miles (WR381) - You only had it for a few months didn't you?!? What did you do with it? P-X it or private sale?
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Re: Done the right thing!

Postby eck » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:09 pm

wr381 wrote:Believe me mate, once you've got rid of it you'll be glad! I've just got rid of mine and I won't look back,it was nice while i had it and i thought i'd miss it but i really don't! I found mine to be like having a high maintenance mucky woman for a girlfriend,good for fun and plenty of fun it was but not something you would want to settle down with.I won't ever get another one now. I've done that one,it's off my list! Good car though,make the most of it while you have it then move on. WR1= GREEDY b*stard! :evil:

Totally disagree :nono:

Had my 1 for 19 months and covered 8000miles, Cost £1900

Put thru 1 MOT (passed no probs), Cost £50

2 services with one being a cambelt service, Cost £????
Servicing done by a very very nice man (WUZ) can't reveal his rates but a damm site better value than Subaru.

So in summary my car cost me less than £130 notes per month all in.

Infact i save so much money runnng the 1 i can afford to lavish it with a few choice upgrades and a twice yearly visit to the detailing gods that are Polished Bliss.
Even more not all women that can be mucky are high maintenance so its goodbye from me.

Eck the permagrin :lol:
The WR1 be safe in the knowledge that, short of strapping yourself to an Acme rocket, there's no quicker way to get from A to B.
eck

Postby Bonovox » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Proudly sponsored by SURERGLUE :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bonovox

Postby John Mc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:00 pm

F'kin Surerglue... you boys been sniffin the super again?? LMFAO :lol2:
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby wr381 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Eck's been on the glue i think. ha ha. WR1 is a great car it truly is but like all great cars,expensive to run! Maintenance wasn't the issue as i did all work to it myself but if i didn't that would cost as well,it's the amount of fuel it could go through. I can't justify having one for the pleasure i got from it.Still glad i had one though,now i know i don't want another one! :lol:
wr381

Postby eck » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:46 pm

wr381 wrote:Eck's been on the glue i think. ha ha. WR1 is a great car it truly is but like all great cars,expensive to run! Maintenance wasn't the issue as i did all work to it myself but if i didn't that would cost as well,it's the amount of fuel it could go through. I can't justify having one for the pleasure i got from it.Still glad i had one though,now i know i don't want another one! :lol:

No glue required.
Simple stuff, you cant get a big power and low mpg got to choose one or the other.
All these people fcuking moaning abot fuel cost's go and buy a car that does not do 0-60 in 4.25sec in its standard form.
And if your are not prepared to service the car at low intervals with top quality materials/workmanship well you deserve to be kicked in the teeth when things go the way of the pear.

Day one stuff really :D
The WR1 be safe in the knowledge that, short of strapping yourself to an Acme rocket, there's no quicker way to get from A to B.
eck

Postby MaverickUK82 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:26 pm

eck wrote:Simple stuff, you cant get a big power and low mpg got to choose one or the other.
All these people fcuking moaning abot fuel cost's go and buy a car that does not do 0-60 in 4.25sec in its standard form.
And if your are not prepared to service the car at low intervals with top quality materials/workmanship well you deserve to be kicked in the teeth when things go the way of the pear.

totally agree.
MaverickUK82

Postby 500tie » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:49 pm

eck wrote:
No glue required.
Simple stuff, you cant get a big power and low mpg got to choose one or the other.

Day one stuff really :D

Completely agree if you want a fast car with big smiles then you have to forget about the price of fuel and services etc.. However if you want a car good on mpg's and slow as a horse buy a diseasel vauxhall astra.
Sooty,
Needs a WR1 now his WRX300 is sold
Or a spec D
500tie

Postby wr381 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Listen chums i don't want to fall out with you. I love fast cars and i will have another subaru but not a wr1,it's nice car that needs to be looked after and i want a motor that i can push,drive through country roads side ways or stick on a rally track and if something goes wrong i won't have just destroyed a limited edition car by driving it like a knob. I would deserve to be shot if i did that with a wr1! So like i said i could not justify the fuel consumption because i didn't want to right it off. And as for being tight and running it on the cheap,well yes your right but my car got everything it needed and good quality parts and oil like mobil 1 fully synthetic and that stuff is not cheap,i saved costs because i'm in the motor trade so therefore maintanence costs were minimal. :roll:
wr381

Postby IAN » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:28 pm

I still want a wr1 and i dont care what its gonna cost me :!: it will be money well spent :lol:
IAN

Postby Chris 280 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:48 pm

you only live once mate,get one and enjoy it :lol:
it is better to have had a wr1 and lost it than never to have one at all.
Chris 280

Postby wr381 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:50 pm

I don't want to take the shine off it for you but it is just a car. I never intended getting a wr1,i just wanted an sti prodrive originally.I didn't really know what it was until i got it! After all it's not as if you have just spent years restoring it and put so much time and yourself into getting it on the road is it? NO. You are just going to shell out a lot of hard earned cash on something that you are going look at and polish a lot and be to scared to drive to it's potential because if you do you will bin it unless your name is Petter! These cars are extremely powerful and i have pushed mine as far as i would dare and it had so much more to go but if i'd have have tried to drive it beyond that point there would be one more wr1 less on the road. Don't get me wrong i have propper driven it and have leant to respect the car that is a WR1! :oops:
wr381

Pulling power

Postby wr381 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Are you married Ian? I only ask because mine was also a right machine for pucking up dirty little girlies,a machine on every level! If you are married i would suggest you don't tell the wife about this hidden potential and go play! :P
wr381

Postby John Mc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 pm

wr381 wrote:I don't want to take the shine off it for you but it is just a car. I never intended getting a wr1,i just wanted an sti prodrive originally.I didn't really know what it was until i got it! After all it's not as if you have just spent years restoring it and put so much time and yourself into getting it on the road is it? NO. You are just going to shell out a lot of hard earned cash on something that you are going look at and polish a lot and be to scared to drive to it's potential because if you do you will bin it unless your name is Petter! These cars are extremely powerful and i have pushed mine as far as i would dare and it had so much more to go but if i'd have have tried to drive it beyond that point there would be one more wr1 less on the road. Don't get me wrong i have propper driven it and have leant to respect the car that is a WR1! :oops:

Understand what you are saying Miles, cheers for the call earlier. Good luck with your project if you get an STi Prodrive :lol:

Keep in touch mate!
John Mc

Postby IAN » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:52 pm

Hello everyone yes i do know the power of a impreza turbo i had a 1999 classic that i had for 4 years and done loads of mods to and it felt like i doubled the power and no i was not scared to drift it before the impreza i had a celica gt4 nice but heavy but before that was me sierra cosworth and that was a hand full 300+ under the rear wheels i loved to snake it down the road :lol: i love powerfull cars :twisted:
IAN

Postby hightower » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:33 am

i drive the wr1 how it should be driven almost ever time i get into it so does my wife, who honestly has a fast car and drives it slow. i dont give a monkeys about fuel price mpg servicing etc. if i did i would drive an astra...........well i have an astra coupe as well, but it is a 2.2 petrol, (fook the tree hugging hippy bastards) but i use it when i cant be arse waiting for the imprea to warm up as i never move it until it is up to temp.
Gracing the drive.....BMW M3 E92 with all the toys!/Integra DC5/ Integra DC2 race car/BMW X5
gone...Impreza RB320 No 112
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Seat Leon Cupra 225
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Postby wr381 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:28 pm

It's JUST a car, shiny metal and PLASTIC. That's all it is! Get a life.
wr381

Postby IAN » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:45 pm

wr381 wrote:It's JUST a car, shiny metal and PLASTIC. That's all it is! Get a life.
You sound like a nice man :lol:
IAN

Postby eck » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:32 pm

wr381 wrote:It's JUST a car, shiny metal and PLASTIC. That's all it is! Get a life.

Most cars are made of the above are they not.

Although i did see a car once and it had:
A wooden engine
Wooden wheels
Wooden chassis
Wooden seats
Only problem was it woodn't feckin move.
eck

Postby John Mc » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:47 pm

Eck FPMSL at your sig!! Quality mate....
John Mc

Postby hightower » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:49 pm

eck wrote:

A wooden engine
Wooden wheels
Wooden chassis
Wooden seats

:lol: :D :D :D :D class
Gracing the drive.....BMW M3 E92 with all the toys!/Integra DC5/ Integra DC2 race car/BMW X5
gone...Impreza RB320 No 112
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Seat Leon Cupra 225
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Postby IAN » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:54 pm

eck wrote:

A wooden engine
Wooden wheels
Wooden chassis
Wooden seats
yeah quality :lol: :lol: :lol:
IAN

Postby wr381 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:33 pm

yeh but subaru's are mostly plastic. not a quality car like a bmw if it had no interior it would still be the same car with less plastic! the only quality is in the stuff that produces and lays down the power but that is what they are built for! they are still shit tho!
wr381

Postby IAN » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:21 am

wr381 wrote:yeh but subaru's are mostly plastic. not a quality car like a bmw if it had no interior it would still be the same car with less plastic! the only quality is in the stuff that produces and lays down the power but that is what they are built for! they are still shit tho!
ok you like your bmw's yeah but in the 4 years i had me classic scooby i never found one bmw that could keep up with me impreza on pull off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but i would never call an M series bmw shit :? :lol: :lol: :?:
IAN

Postby Bonovox » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:35 am

wr381 wrote:yeh but subaru's are mostly plastic. not a quality car like a bmw if it had no interior it would still be the same car with less plastic! the only quality is in the stuff that produces and lays down the power but that is what they are built for! they are still shit tho!

I'm a little confused, you say earlier on in your posts" it's a good car", then a little later,"it's a great car" and finally that "you have leant to respect the car that is a WR1"..................... then you say that it's shit? :lol:

You don't buy a 1 for the interior finish :roll: Nobody on here would ever argue that the finish is anything like BMWs etc.
Bonovox

Postby chiroman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:06 am

WR381 YOU DON'T NEED TO JUSTIFY YOUR THOUGHTS AND ACTION JUST GO AWAY
chiroman

Postby wr381 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:32 pm

At what point do you guys realise i'm winding you up? :roll: John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) has met me, he will tell you what i'm like. your right i don't have to justify my actions so i won't.
wr381

Postby M9JOC » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:37 pm

:D I think that the WR1 gets under your skin. I mean for fucks sake i had a new Porsche cayman for 2 and a half years, I had too sell it when i upgraded home as i couldnt justify paying so much on finance and running and fuel and a 1500.00 service bill. So i downgraded and the last thing i would ever have wanted was a impreza then i saw the WR1. mine wasnt in immaculate condition it isnt low millage but i tell you what i Love it more than the 2 years of Porsche or any car on my sig (Integ DC2 comes a very close 2nd i did supercharge it though) The subaru has less rattles and squeaks than the Porsche did. Had it back 3 times to sort squeeks from tailgate and roof lining.

So quality doesnt mean German. Im not saying my next car i wont love more but the WR has a unique personality IMO and i enjoy every 60quid fill up and £ i spend on it

J
98 DC2 Integra type R
00 Audi TT 180 Coupe
03 DC5 Integra typeR
02 Alfa spider V6
01 Honda s2000
03 Audi TT 225 roadster
02 Porsche Boxster S
06 porsche Cayman
04 Subaru Impreza STi WR1
Now:
07 BMW Z4M