Login    Register

Number 131 is now mine!

Say Hi and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Number 131 is now mine!

Postby huzzy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:03 pm

Went to look at number 131 yesterday and ended up buying it. I have owned Imprezas now for the past 6 years and none of them come close to the WR1.

The car is completely standard apart from some of the chrome on the front has been powdercoated black.

I don't have any mod's planned, I did think about putting in a new stereo but I haven't even put the stereo on since yesterday as I love the sound it makes!

Been out this morning to take a few pictures:

Previously:
Subaru Impreza WRX (P95 CJH)
Subaru Impreza WRX (DV52 LJZ)
Subaru Impreza WRX STI WR1#131(VE04 LUW)
Subaru Impreza STI Hawkeye Spec C (YD06 NGT)
Subaru Impreza 22B #377 (S22BHU)
Now:
Subaru Impreza STI Hawkeye Spec C Type RA
huzzy

Postby Bonovox » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Welcome! Can't make my mind up on the black grille but other than that loverly, They look so cool in the snow. :D
Bonovox

Postby CAVEMAN » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:52 am

have to agree mate....the combo of a backdrop with pure white virgin snow and a nice clean WR1 is hard to beat. Turns more heads in the snow that during a clear summer day..
CAVEMAN

Postby huzzy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:03 am

Cheers! Although it was immaculate when I picked it up it is far from it now.....bloody grit!

Definately need some mud flaps fitted ASAP.
Previously:
Now:
huzzy

Postby Micktype WR1 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:24 pm

CAVEMAN wrote:have to agree mate....the combo of a backdrop with pure white virgin snow and a nice clean WR1 is hard to beat. Turns more heads in the snow that during a clear summer day..

Gotta agree with Caveman !

There's nothing better to set the picture off than having a snow white virgin behind the car. :roll:
Micktype WR1

Postby buffy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:21 pm

hi got 2 admit i like the black grill looks good, and dont worry about it looking dirty just makes it look like you enjoying the car
LBUFFIN
buffy

Postby Clark » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:01 pm

Any chance of taking a couple of pics front the front of the car mate? still trying to decide on the grill and despite playing about on photoshop it hasnt helped :lol:
Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Postby eck » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:53 am

Clark wrote:Any chance of taking a couple of pics front the front of the car mate? still trying to decide on the grill and despite playing about on photoshop it hasnt helped :lol:

Bought this one in Black Satin just before Crimbo http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/pr ... ts_id=1378

Thought it might look ok with the black wheels & front splitter, will get it fitted when back home, if i can find the car under all the snow :shock:
The WR1 be safe in the knowledge that, short of strapping yourself to an Acme rocket, there's no quicker way to get from A to B.
eck

Postby huzzy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:24 am

Here it is mate:

Previously:
Now:
huzzy

Postby Clark » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:16 pm

eck wrote:
Clark wrote:Any chance of taking a couple of pics front the front of the car mate? still trying to decide on the grill and despite playing about on photoshop it hasnt helped :lol:

Bought this one in Black Satin just before Crimbo http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/pr ... ts_id=1378

Thought it might look ok with the black wheels & front splitter, will get it fitted when back home, if i can find the car under all the snow :shock:

Yeah i've seen that one before mate, I'm not keen on how it makes the black section just above it more visible though, the standard WR1 grill covers it...

huzzy - cheers for that mate 8)
Clark

Postby eck » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Clark wrote:
eck wrote:

Yeah i've seen that one before mate, I'm not keen on how it makes the black section just above it more visible though, the standard WR1 grill covers it...

Tend to agree with you there Clark, i have seen them fitted to others and they look ok, just not sure how good it will look against the 23g tho but i may have a cunning plan for the solid section.
And then again they might be in a for sale section in Feb if they look that crap
Last edited by eck on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The WR1 be safe in the knowledge that, short of strapping yourself to an Acme rocket, there's no quicker way to get from A to B.
eck

Postby Clark » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:43 pm

I think it'll be fine mate but I can be a bit fussy sometimes... :lol:
Clark

Postby eck » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Clark wrote:I think it'll be fine mate but I can be a bit fussy sometimes... :lol:
you reckon!!! :shock:

It's because of your OCD that PB get's in the cars that it does, and lets not forget Rich's qualilty service too.
eck

Return to New-comers say Hi