Login    Register

Hello and Help

Say Hi and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Hello and Help

Postby Wing Chun » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:08 pm

Hello all,

I am looking at a couple of WR1's at the moment, the first one is 128/500 with 10/11k and up for £15,650 and is at Brian Downie's in Aberdeen. That's the good bit, the worrying part is no servicing for 3 years between the 5k and 10k service!

The second one is 409/500 and has been modded with 20k on the clock and up for £14,495. I believe 2 chaps called 'Zimmerman' and 'Caperbility' owned the car previously.

Looking for any feedback/advice, or if you know anything about either of these cars, so I can make an informed decision before I take the plunge or not!

Thanks.
Wing Chun

Postby CAVEMAN » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:31 am

with that kind of mileage then i wouldn't of thought you would have much problems with either car...unless the modded one is highly strung. Depends what mods have been done, but even then you would have to be pushing over 400 to stress the internals...

usual scenario, go see them and judge for yourself. Your cash and you have to be happy in your own choice.

I think anybody would take a standard car over a modded one if they are unsure of history, but these Scoobies are generally pretty bullet proof bar the rear shocks.
CAVEMAN

Postby hightower » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:23 am

i seen that one in the paper, the one in brian downie but never realised it had no service history. not keen on that at all.
Gracing the drive.....BMW M3 E92 with all the toys!/Integra DC5/ Integra DC2 race car/BMW X5
gone...Impreza RB320 No 112
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Seat Leon Cupra 225
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Return to New-comers say Hi