Login    Register

Hi all - A newbie here and not a WR1 Owner

Say Hi and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Hi all - A newbie here and not a WR1 Owner

Postby Rallyline » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:24 am

Although not a WR1 owner I do have a very nice 2005 WRX Sti JDM.

My sccoby story goes like this. I have always loved them and my 1st was a 1996 Turbo wagon which I bought from EBay. I got a wagon because at the time I did not have much money and you got a lot of car for your money and actually it was fractionally quicker than the saloon.

It never let me down and was a great car.

I replaced that with my dream car which was a P1. My relationship with that car was good except for the bills I had to pay at every service. The last August it ended up being stolen from the NCP Car park at Birmingham International Airport. A bit of advice here.... DO NOT under any circumstances use NCP if you value your car. On first inspection it looks as though their security is good, but all the camera's and ANPR camera's are there to make sure that no one drives off without paying. For instance, when you arrive and take your ticket out of the machine, there is a camera right in your face recording you. But on the exit they don't. Crazy. All NCP were concerned about when I reported the theft was that I was given a copy of their terms and conditions, which basically was them washing their hands of all responsibility. Sad. Anyway, I was gutted that it had gone, especially as I had just replaced the very worn Alcon front discs and pads. Then I had a 3 month fight with the insurance until I got a figure something close to what the car was worth.

Fortunately, in the meantime, thanks to Gordon Brown wrecking this countries economy, the bottom dropped out of the car market and I have been able to replace my 8 year old 80,000 mile P1 with a very nice 2005 WRX Sti JDM with only 22,000 miles.

So reason for being here?

Well I love the WR1's but they're not that easy to find and I'd be hard pressed to get one as good as this for only 10K

But I managed to buy on Ebay (saw it mentioned somewhere on this site) a pair of WR1 driving lamps and bezels and am going to buy a set of WR1 grills for it also.

I'll put some pics up when I've done it. The lights are already in. I just need to dig about behind the dash now and see if the wiring is correct. Being a JDM, all the switch holes are already filled, so I am probably going to have to move the rear fog switch to the centre console as the other 2 holes have the water spray manual switch and the Water spray Auto switch. As the fog switch was added after the car was imported, I am hoping all the driving lamp/fog lamp is intact.

I've also got to get the bezels resprayed from WR1 blue to match mine.

Hopefully it will look good when I'm done.............
If in doubt, flat out.
Colin McRae, MBE 1968-2007
Rallyline

Postby danr55 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:40 pm

welcome :wave:
danr55
Site Owner

Postby WAYNE WRX » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Welcome matey, nice car 8) 8) 8)
www.wwjpc.co.uk Wales "n" West Japanese Performance Cars WR1 495
WAYNE WRX

Postby Azyman » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:27 pm

welcome :wave:
Regs
Geoff
Azyman

Postby chiroman » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:19 pm

Happy New Year :wave:
chiroman

Postby Micktype WR1 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:04 pm

Welcome Rallyman........... Yeh !!! It was me that posted up about Ebay selling driving lamps. Did you bid for the two WR1 grilles that the same guy was selling ?
Micktype WR1

Postby Rallyline » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:57 am

Yes - but only got the bottom one. Unfortunately one of the locating pins was missing and I wanted a perfect one. Colin the seller is a good guy though and took it straight back - It will probably be relisted.

He told me he is stripping the running gear off it Friday and will be listing that. So if anyone needs that kind of gear - keep your eyes peeled.
If in doubt, flat out.
Colin McRae, MBE 1968-2007
Rallyline

Return to New-comers say Hi