Login    Register

Black underseal on wheel arches

Share your car cleaning and general car care tips with everyone in here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Black underseal on wheel arches

Postby Carl Curtis » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:06 am

Whats the best way of removing the black underseal on the inner wheel arches. Particularly at the rear. The black underseal is peeling and annoying me.
I'm happy to remove it and leave the blue colour underneath exposed and possibly give it some sort of clear protection.
Any ideas greatly appreciated

Carl.
Carl Curtis

Postby davetwr1 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:01 pm

hi carl i have just done mine front and back i used the powerwash then wire brush then the powerwash again i put some new underseal back under the arches make sure you cover the wheel hubs with something to stop the crap getting in there :lol:
davetwr1

Postby Gary75 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:41 pm

I used a product called dintrol under body wax coded 4941, better than any underseal I've used in the past. As previous post good wire brush, I also used a product called TFR, left that on for a good 5 mins, then jet wash / rinse, leave to dry.
Gary75

Re: Black underseal on wheel arches

Postby SteveS » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Carl Curtis wrote:Whats the best way of removing the black underseal on the inner wheel arches. Particularly at the rear. The black underseal is peeling and annoying me.
I'm happy to remove it and leave the blue colour underneath exposed and possibly give it some sort of clear protection.
Any ideas greatly appreciated

Carl.

I will lend you the Mrs for a couple of hours, she will remove anything that is peeling, wallpaper, sunburnt skin and paint, just hand her back when your ears start to bleed mate. :lol: :lol: :roll:
SteveS

Postby Carl Curtis » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:57 am

Gary75 wrote:I used a product called dintrol under body wax coded 4941, better than any underseal I've used in the past. As previous post good wire brush, I also used a product called TFR, left that on for a good 5 mins, then jet wash / rinse, leave to dry.

Hi Gary,is the underseal you quote above clear or coloured and I presume that TFR is traffic film remover.

Carl
Carl Curtis

Return to Car Care