Login    Register

Polished Bliss: 6 Cars...

Share your car cleaning and general car care tips with everyone in here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Polished Bliss: 6 Cars...

Postby Clark » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:42 pm

Thought I'd share what I've been up to of late, for those (if any) that care :lol:

Copied over from Detailing World...

Between Rich and I, we were aiming to have had the write up and video for the latest Ne Plus Ultra detail put together by now, unfortunately due to eleventy million other things going on we haven’t even managed to get started yet so I thought I'd make an effort to put some sort of a write up together for the time being again. I'll try and keep the text short in this thread as there's quite alot of pics so if you need to know what products were used for any part of the details feel free to ask as I wont bother naming them all :)

Here are a few that have been done recently, first up was this absolute weapon of an Evo due in for a Protection Detail...

Wheels were cleaned with Gloss-It Wheel Gel (4:1) then Tardis, followed by Meguiars Super Degreaser for the arches:

Meguiars APC was sprayed and then agitated to clean up all the shuts:

This was followed by Eimann Fabrik Engine Degreaser for the engine and under the bonnet:

Air filter covered to prevent water getting in:

After pressure washing @60 degrees:

The car was then foamed, washed with the 2BM and then de-tarred with Tardis and put inside for claying.

This took a while as the car was covered in contamination:

Gloss-It Aggressive Clay was used, including all the shuts:

Before:

After:

Werkstat Prime Strong was then applied with Gloss-It Green Polishing Pads @ Speed 5:

This was then topped with 4 coats of Trigger, followed by a final wipe down of Acrylic Glos:

Which then left this:

Next up was another Black Edition GTR which has just been added to the ever growing list of contract cars we look after, as you can see the owner had been out enjoying every minute of it:

The owner had been out to see us the week before and by the time he dropped it off 7 days later he'd already done all the running in mileage! The car has now already been re-mapped and had a full titanium exhaust fitted :driver:

The paint condition on this one was pretty good as the dealership had been instructed not to wash it so only a minor correction was needed:

Correction work carried out with Meguiars 205 and LSP was Blackfire Wet Diamond followed by Blackfire Midnight Sun Wax:

Sods law ensured that it began to spit with rain as we rolled it outside but this did let Rich manage to capture some more "moody skies" shots with his Nikon, this following pic has been played about in Photoshop to get the final look, don’t ask me anything more than that though as I don’t have a clue what he did to achieve it :o

I've a feeling I'm going to have my work cut out with this GTR as I'm pretty sure the owner is going to be too busy driving it to wash it much :D

Car number 3 was this Audi R8, in for a Protection Detail:

LSP for this one was Raceglaze 55 after the paint had been clayed and then cleansed with Raceglaze Pre Wax Cleanser:

This leads us onto another Audi, in for a 1 day Protection Detail after I'd corrected the paintwork last year. LSP for this was Raceglaze Pre Wax Cleanser followed by Zym0l Vintage:

A 3 day major correction was needed for this next car, just afters I'm afraid. It appears I deleted all my correction shots before uploading them onto the computer, oops!

Just over 30 hours spent on this one, with Raceglaze 55 again used at LSP:

And here's another one played about with in Photoshop by Rich (he's done loads recently for the new website):

Aaaaaaand last but not least was this Focus RS in Attention seeker green (or Ultimate Green if you insist on the real name for it :p)

Another Protection Detail for this one:

Product reside from the dealers:

Wheels were cleaned with Gloss-It Wheel Gel (4:1) and the various brushes:

The owner had been unlucky and got caught out on a newly tarred road so there was quite alot of spots all over the car and in the spokes/inner rims:

Tardis soon solved that:

Meguiars Super Degreaser for the arches:

All the exterior trim and badges etc were then cleaned with a new product currently under testing:

The car was then washed with the 2BM and Shampoo Plus:

Tardis was brought out again to remove the remaining tar spots:

With the car now inside ready for claying I used Meguiars Mild to remove the contamination. There wasn’t as much as I've seen on some RS's but still enough to warrant a good 1.5 hours of claying time:

After I'd dried the car off with the Black Baron it was LSP time, product of choice was...

This was machined into the paintwork with a Gloss-It Finishing Pad @ speed 5:

This is how it should look once fully worked in:

Whilst this was left to cure for an hour or so all the usual bits and pieces were done such as Blackfire Metal Sealant on the wheels and tailpipes (tailpipes were initially polished with Brilliant Show Metal Polish), Gloss-It Tyre Dressing for the tyres, Werkstat System for the Glass, full interior and Engine detail etc etc.

A final wipe down with Gloss-It Gloss Enhancing QD left us with this:

And one last arty pic from Rich:

Thanks for looking as always :)

Clark
Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Postby eck » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:02 pm

Once again WOW
The Evo really hits spot for me though and is that RS the one from Alford per chance?
The WR1 be safe in the knowledge that, short of strapping yourself to an Acme rocket, there's no quicker way to get from A to B.
eck

Postby Chris B » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:20 pm

Clark you are the man,a bottle of that project awesome will be heading to the Midlands soon.
Great work mate.
Heaven can wait....I'm playing with my scooby.
Chris B

Postby Chris 280 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:26 pm

there is clean and then there,s this ,brilliant job, :D nice pics mate
it is better to have had a wr1 and lost it than never to have one at all.
Chris 280

Postby CAVEMAN » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:42 am

some fecking awesome cars up there matey...definitely worthy of your magic!
CAVEMAN

Postby MaverickUK82 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:48 am

Clark,

What's the best product for welded on bugs blood. I hit loads of hover flies the other week and didn't clean them off straight away.

I used autoglyms instect remover, which did remove the actual insects really easily, could hear them fizzing off!!!

But the blood stains they left are an absolute nightmare to remove and really had to scrub quite hard with my mitt to get them off... is there a better way?
MaverickUK82

Postby hightower » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:26 am

the is only one thing to say dude
AMAZING!!
those cars will not have come out of the factory cleaner than that!!
Gracing the drive.....BMW M3 E92 with all the toys!/Integra DC5/ Integra DC2 race car/BMW X5
gone...Impreza RB320 No 112
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Seat Leon Cupra 225
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Postby John Mc » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:20 pm

f'kin awesome Clark. :bow:
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:34 pm

When we run our new build engine....scotland an back again, I'll ask if I'm allowed to pop up an see you so you can do ours 8) 8) 8)
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby M9JOC » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:42 pm

Clark that Skyline looks unbelievable....... i look at that paint and icant believe how good it looks. you must hate the praise you get!!! :D

That Evo does it for me 2 :D
98 DC2 Integra type R
00 Audi TT 180 Coupe
03 DC5 Integra typeR
02 Alfa spider V6
01 Honda s2000
03 Audi TT 225 roadster
02 Porsche Boxster S
06 porsche Cayman
04 Subaru Impreza STi WR1
Now:
07 BMW Z4M
M9JOC

Postby Daz » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:19 pm

excellent work as always , evo for me aswell :lol:
Daz

Postby Ferret WR1 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:27 am

Clark you are the Don of dealing! :D
Ferret WR1

Postby Clark » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:23 pm

MaverickUK82 wrote:Clark,

What's the best product for welded on bugs blood. I hit loads of hover flies the other week and didn't clean them off straight away.

I used autoglyms instect remover, which did remove the actual insects really easily, could hear them fizzing off!!!

But the blood stains they left are an absolute nightmare to remove and really had to scrub quite hard with my mitt to get them off... is there a better way?

Poorboys bug squash - spray, leave to dwell for a minute or two and then rinse/wipe off ;)

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog ... clean.html

This will strip any protection on your car so you will need to re-protect. although saying that, if you've got bug etching problems then that would suggest there's F all protection on there anyways :lol:

Best way to avoid bugs sticking to the paint is keep the car well protected with a sealant (my preferred choice) or a wax :D
Clark

Postby MaverickUK82 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:10 pm

Clark - you are exactly right. I'm going to have the front bumper resprayed as it's stone chipped. So I never bothered to wax it... Maybe I will when I next get the chance - I need a garage soooooooooo bad.
MaverickUK82

Postby danr55 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:22 pm

talk to me about the GTR Clark! Did you get a go in it, and what did it sound like with an upgraded exhaust? 8)
danr55
Site Owner

Postby Clark » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:31 pm

He had it fitted a couple of days later but I've been promised a shot when it comes back in soon - I'll keep you updated. Wouldnt take a genius to figure out that it will probably sound rather nice... :lol:
Clark

Return to Car Care