Login    Register

Stripped and cleaned!

Share your car cleaning and general car care tips with everyone in here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Stripped and cleaned!

Postby CAVEMAN » Thu May 07, 2009 7:18 pm

well after spending 4 days on the road and not having time to fully clean the 1 at any point...it finally arrived home and so the clean up began.

first up the usual exterior spruce up, washed and rinsed then the full clay bar attack. Followed by another rinse. It was my first claying session and was amazed at how much crap it actually got of the car even after a vigorous washing.

Next up was the G220 with Jeff's Prime (I went for the Strong version first up) followed by a light hand going over of the normal one then a light dusting of Jeff's Trigger. Have to say that for the first time of using this stuff, it gives a great finish...can't wait to get more coats on it to really get it looking good.

wheels followed with the normal Meg alloy cleaner and tyre gel, but I am going to have to take them off to get to them properly...not happy with them on the inside right now. Maybe when I get more time on my hands.

Then the engine bay was soaked in degreaser, agitated where needed and rinsed off. Left running for 10-15 mins to let it all dry off, then a liberal coating with the Aerospace protectant....this stuff is cool and well worth the dosh!

So just about done by now...just the interior left.

Was not happy at all with the state of it, so I ripped out all the seats and started from the bare ass carpet. It also gave me access to the bits you can't reach when the seats are in. Plus you can fully clean all the runners under the seat too. I also took this chance to rip off the rear seat covers and will be putting in the same perforated alcantara material to match the fronts. This will be in a few weeks when the material gets delivered, but should look much better than the normal stuff back there.

So after a good hoovering, and a double coating of the Jeff's Satin Prot it all came good and is now back to how I like it. A new set of WR1 mats finished the job off, and now I can sleep better at night!!

:lol:

So all that is left are a few photo's to keep you lot happy, and for me to show you my new toy!!

CAVEMAN

Postby WAYNE WRX » Thu May 07, 2009 7:59 pm

Looking good 8) 8) 8)
www.wwjpc.co.uk Wales "n" West Japanese Performance Cars WR1 495
WAYNE WRX

Postby WR 1mposter » Fri May 08, 2009 6:58 am

Are you bored by any chance ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must be the finnish air :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by WR 1mposter on Fri May 08, 2009 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby CAVEMAN » Fri May 08, 2009 9:45 am

never bored, but clean has to be clean.

and once you start, well one thing leads to another!!

It will be covered in shit again shortly I am sure.
CAVEMAN

Postby John Mc » Fri May 08, 2009 9:58 am

Do you suffer with OCD Andy?? :lol:

Nice to have the space to do that sort of thing!! Any pics of the mods you had done when you were here?
John Mc

Postby CAVEMAN » Fri May 08, 2009 10:35 am

you can certainly develop a nasty habit from this detailing malarky!!

always better to start ownership from a clean slate! There is no way I am doing this every week!!

no pics of the mods, but to be fair there weren't any major ones...I am sure you know what an exhaust, air filter, fuel pump, ecu and brakes look like.

Will get some more detailed pics for you when the seats, dash and center console are done.
CAVEMAN

Postby OllyTB » Sun May 10, 2009 10:27 am

Looking good, i've just transfered all the cash back into you account and will be over to pick it up in the morning! :wink:
OllyTB

Postby The Swede » Sun May 10, 2009 12:24 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:Are you bored by any chance ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must be the finnish air :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can understand the guy.
- In summer you can't do anything bar going to a cottage near a lake and get stung by mosquitos all over.
- The Finns are super-talkative and welcoming to foreigners, forget any social life.
- Finnish women are useless once in Finland, so forget :hump:

So what else do you wanna do then than clean the car or build a rallycar and go out in the forest ?? :?
The Swede

Postby Gee Wr1 » Sun May 10, 2009 1:54 pm

looking good 8)

I just switched to the Jeffs system to & am delighted with the results. Again like you say can't wait to get a few more coats on to build it up.
Gee Wr1

Postby MaverickUK82 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:53 pm

Have you got the new rear seat material fitted yet?
MaverickUK82

Postby CAVEMAN » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:48 am

Yep, posted up on the garage section...will be adding a few other pics there shortly too :lol:
CAVEMAN

Postby Megaman » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:56 am

Andy,
If you ever fancy cleaning my car just let me know, you seem to make a thorough job of it :)

Nice one mate
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Return to Car Care