Login    Register

Prolong Waterless Wash & Shine

Share your car cleaning and general car care tips with everyone in here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Prolong Waterless Wash & Shine

Postby eck » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:43 pm

As advertised on the SIDC
Sounds to good to be true but what do i know.
Has anyone used or got any info on the product.

Just when you’d given up all thought of braving the cold to wash the
family motor, those clever chaps at Prolong have come up with the perfect solution. The Prolong Waterless Wash & Shine range gives a factory shine without the need for buckets, hoses or even water!

Good news as temperatures plummet and cars get dirtier. The unique Prolong formulation washes, shines and protects
in one easy application. But how does it all work? It's simple really. The Wash & Shine is sprayed onto a filthy car,
encapsulating the muck by surrounding the dirt particles with lubricating agents and gently lifting them from the
painted surface. It’s then easily wiped off, without scratching to leave a flawless shine and protective coating.
Best of all it works on exterior paint, chrome, aluminium and glass.

Prolong UK top boffin, Mike Purchase, makes a compelling case for waterless washing. ‘As we hit Winter, it’s no fun
manhandling buckets of rapidly cooling water, or fighting a freezing hosepipe on a frosty morning.’ He explained.
‘Washing with water also makes a complete mess of the surrounding area and isn’t great for the environment either.
In the UK, we waste millions of gallons of water each year washing our cars. This product does it with a few sprays
and a few minutes polishing.’

Whilst keeping fingers toasty warm in winter may seem like a good idea, the Waterless Wash & Shine system also
provides unrivalled cleaning performance all year round, for any type of car. So whether you’re trying to do your
bit to save the planet - or just trying to save a bit of time, Prolong Waterless Wash and Shine is the perfect way
to do both.

Visit www.prolong-uk.com or call them on 01628 828473 to find out more.

Benefits

Will Not Scratch Paint
Cleans, Shines and Protects In Minutes Without Water
One Step.. Wipes Up Dirt, Lays Down Shine
No Mess.. Use Anywhere, Anytime
Cold .. OR Hot, Year Round Use
Saves Money, Saves Water, Saves Time!
eck

Postby Clark » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:17 pm

If you use that stuff I'm never detailing your car again! :shock:

It might say it doesnt scratch your car but a quick wipe over with some IPA will suggest otherwise.

Stick to the good old 2 bucket method with a quality shampoo and wash mitt.

that waterless wash stuff is maybe ok if you have a fine layer of dust on the car but other than that it can cause horrendous damage to your car. We've seen the results on a Black Range Rover and it wasnt pretty at all!
Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Postby eck » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:58 pm

Clark wrote:If you use that stuff I'm never detailing your car again! :shock:

It might say it doesnt scratch your car but a quick wipe over with some IPA will suggest otherwise.

Stick to the good old 2 bucket method with a quality shampoo and wash mitt.

that waterless wash stuff is maybe ok if you have a fine layer of dust on the car but other than that it can cause horrendous damage to your car. We've seen the results on a Black Range Rover and it wasnt pretty at all!

Nice one Clark thats all the info i require :D
eck

Postby Chris B » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:24 pm

Well said Clark just what I was thinking.
Heaven can wait....I'm playing with my scooby.
Chris B

Return to Car Care