Login    Register

Venture Sheild Paint Protection Film

Share your car cleaning and general car care tips with everyone in here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Venture Sheild Paint Protection Film

Postby royston1214 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:35 pm

I have just had the front of my WR1 covered with Venture Sheild Paint Protection Film to reduce the risk of unsightly stone chips. The film can be applied as a pre cut kit or custom fit, the difference with custom fit is you get alot more coverage. Stephen assisted by Mark at Mint Condition based in Romford, fitted the film and took the majority of the day to custom fit and cut to the WR1's lines, I now have 98% coverage of the front bumper Stephen also fitted some Venture Sheild to the PIAA lights and on top of the rear bumper where the boot shuts. Stephen was very genuine and friendly, a Subaru enthusiast himself owning a very nice STI Forrester. the cost of the film and fit was £300. If you want to get intouch with stephen call Mob 07710330227 or visit the web site www.mintcondition-uk.com he will do group buy discount. :lol:
royston1214

Postby WAYNE WRX » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:00 pm

Maybe a dull question, but can you tell its there????
www.wwjpc.co.uk Wales "n" West Japanese Performance Cars WR1 495
WAYNE WRX

Postby Clark » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:59 am

if it's done properly then you shouldnt be able to see it untill you look up really close 8)

We look after a new GT3 that's had a COMPLETE armour fend body wrap! :shock:
Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Postby danr55 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:24 am

Clark wrote:if it's done properly then you shouldnt be able to see it untill you look up really close 8)

pics? :D
danr55
Site Owner

Postby danr55 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:25 am

Clark wrote:if it's done properly then you shouldnt be able to see it untill you look up really close 8)

how does this affect cleaning/waxing/polishing the car? Surely you cant get as good a finish with this on?
danr55
Site Owner

Postby Clark » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:02 pm

Full write up and pics of the GT3 are here:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=53993

Considering the curves on a 911 it must have been a nightmare to apply (the rear 1/4's are one piece!) and they did a bloody good job, however it does take some clarity away from the paintwork as can be seen in some of the reflections in the bonnet particularly. This is why i'm not a fan of these paint protection films, even the best quality ones still take a little bit away from the finish of the paint so i'd rather just get the front end painted every couple of years if need be :)

As you can see from the write up, it is possible to polish/wax etc, but you cant polish too aggressively for obvious reasons :lol:
Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Venture Shield Paint Protection Film

Postby royston1214 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:40 pm

Will post some Pics of the WR1 at the weekend, the film is optically clear and can only be be identified when up close to the car. The film can be polished and waxed as normal. I believe a number of the RB320 owners have had the film applied due to the colour of the car.
royston1214

Postby stijoy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:26 am

i had x-pel paint protection film put on my rb, full bumper, full bonnet, both side wings, sill's, wing mirrows, light's half way up the doors,back wheel arches and part of the boot,
used the main x-pel company in grantham, they train companys then franchise it, nearly 16k miles and still no stone chips, so would recommend it to any one who is thinking of it.
http://www.xpeleu.com/
stijoy

Return to Car Care