Login    Register

Porsche 911 Supersport...

Share your car cleaning and general car care tips with everyone in here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Porsche 911 Supersport...

Postby Clark » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:27 pm

Today I was working with a massive smile on my face as I got to work on one of my all time favourite cars to detail and this one was a beauty, a pretty rare Super sport:

The car was just in for a 1 day protection detail and as usual, I started the wash stage with the Pre-foam of Hyper Wash @ 60 degrees:

There aren’t many pics of the wash process as 1) it was freezing cold and raining on and off and 2) I left my camera at home so had to use Rich's super duper new one and I was more than a bit worried I’d drop it with my wet hands! :D

So after the pre-foam and rinse, the wheels and tyres were cleaned with Menzerna 7.5 Tyre and Wheel gel. The arches and shuts etc were agitated with P21S Auto wash and I then moved onto the fabric hood:

Using this...

I sprayed and then agitated with a fabric brush:

This was then rinsed at low pressure until all the foam was gone.

The car was then washed with the 2BM and a Shampoo that's on test, then moved inside for claying.

The paint was surprisingly clean - This is after the whole bonnet:

I then dried the car off and protected the hood with this:

The protectant was left to dry into the fabric while the rest of the detail was carried out:

This 911 is 20 years old and the vast majority of it is still original, so as you would expect - the paintwork has collected it's fair share of scratches!

So out came HD Cleanse...

...which when worked firmly into the paint is capable of doing alot of filling. I did a quick 50/50 on the bonnet to demonstrate this:

Obviously no where near full correction (2 or 3 days solid machining would be required for this) but the paint darkened down nicely :)

The HDC was applied to the whole car:

It was then buffed off with the help of Werkstat Carnauba Glos.

LSP of choice was Vintage:

This was applied to the whole car and left while I attended to the other details.

The interior was thoroughly vacuumed and given an APC wipe down, the leather cleaned with another product we have on test and it was then fed with Raceglaze Leather Balm. Glass was cleaned with Megs CGC, shuts polished and sealed with Werkstat Prime Strong, rubber seals fed with Raceglaze trim dressing.

The mats were also shampoo'd but I cant take credit for that bit as this was carried out by my faithfull assistant Marsha - who also did a cracking job of polishing the wheels with Werkstat Prime Strong/NXT Metal Polish and then sealing with PB wheel sealant. The tyres were dressed with Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel :)

My last few jobs were to polish the tailpipe with NXT Metal Polish and dress the exterior trim with Raceglaze trim dressing.

Couple pics of the interior:

And after a final wipe down, here are the afters of the exterior - not bad for a 20 year old car I rekon! (think I'll be stealing Rich's camera for all my write ups from now on too!)

Next write up will be another solid black Porsche, only it's about 20 years newer and 20 times bigger!

Thanks for looking :)

Clark
Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Postby WAYNE WRX » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:15 pm

Keep them coming, great write up 8) 8)
www.wwjpc.co.uk Wales "n" West Japanese Performance Cars WR1 495
WAYNE WRX

Return to Car Care