Login    Register

ScoobyMania's WR1

Post pictures of your car and tell us the spec. It doesn't have to be a WR1!

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Postby marky mark » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:47 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:Mongy, before you get up your arse and tell me about different types of mapping for different scenrio .......

DON'T BOTHER :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

PMSL.

Thats the last time i ring you up and warn you i am about to make you look an a$$ hole :lol:

So much for being Mr nice guy :finger:
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby marky mark » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:48 pm

Point me to where i have said Mike Woods is talking out his arse then you eejit? :roll:
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby WR 1mposter » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:13 pm

marky mark wrote:Point me to where i have said Mike Woods is talking out his arse then you eejit? :roll:

Never said you did numpty :roll:

just said group n cars were mapped for early peak :wink:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby WR 1mposter » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:15 pm

marky mark wrote:Point me to where i eat out his arse :roll:

this way :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby marky mark » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:23 pm

Turbo selection and its spool characteristics are more important to where peak is actually produced.

you can't just 'map' for a low RPM peak, otherwise we would all be running around in cars that produce a peak at 1500 RPM. A 'road' turbo that can flow enough for 350 BHP is just too big to be producing boost that low.

The conversation has been about spread of torque, area under the graph, drop off after peak, driveability etc. This is where the mapper comes a bit more into it (or rather has more control about whats going on)
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby WR 1mposter » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:30 pm

marky mark wrote:Turbo selection and its spool characteristics are more important to where peak is actually produced.

you can't just 'map' for a low RPM peak, otherwise we would all be running around in cars that produce a peak at 1500 RPM. A 'road' turbo that can flow enough for 350 BHP is just too big to be producing boost that low.

The conversation has been about spread of torque, area under the graph, drop off after peak, driveability etc. This is where the mapper comes a bit more into it (or rather has more control about whats going on)

:thumb: :thumb: but i like early boost
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:36 pm

marky mark wrote:Turbo selection and its spool characteristics are more important to where peak is actually produced.

I was gonna sa............... :zzz:
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
"Special Needs" constable

Postby dougie549 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:08 pm

Thanks Mark :)
As far as i can tell AlanG built it just for road use, so looks like it's been well thought out if the results are anything to go by.

Dunno what he's done since then, but i heard there's another 100 bhp in there. :lol:
dougie549

Previous

Return to The Garage