Login    Register

2006 Evolution IX FQ320 - The Swede

Post pictures of your car and tell us the spec. It doesn't have to be a WR1!

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Postby Ferret WR1 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:24 pm

Thanks for the info Swede :)
Ferret WR1

Postby Gee Wr1 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:45 pm

The Swede wrote:
'Pushing' and 'Fast' don't go in the same sentence as 'sideways', numptie :wink:

Don' they? Thats where Colin McRae must have been going wrong all those years then :brick:

Why all the WRC teams have been employing all those sub standard drivers for years when they could employ your expert skills is beyond me :notwor: ...... Sorry that was the phone ringing it was Ford on the phone asking did i have a contact number for the sweede as they said Miko could do with some tips for driving on snow :toofunny:
Gee Wr1

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:31 am

Ferret WR1 wrote:
The Swede wrote::stupid:

Why the hell would I put the car more sideways ?

What a bunch of amateurs !! :rofl:

Maybe I should remind pooster how much faster he went going 'much more sideways ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA2nKYfg9gw
:lol:

Clearly shows what a bunch of Essex cruisers I'm in the club with... They all :blahblah: about their 400 horsepower but none of these boyracers actually knows what they are there for or has the balls to use them. :mrgreen:

Why are all the WR1 in that video loosing there backend compared to the Evos? Is this intentional or characteristics of a WR1?

The sweede is a good driver, all that went to Spa /Ring 2006 will tell you so. I lost the back end twice simply because I can't drive. :lol:

Please dont let my Mrs see this video, she has only just forgiven me :lol: :lol: :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:32 am

Gee Wr1 wrote:
The Swede wrote:
'Pushing' and 'Fast' don't go in the same sentence as 'sideways', numptie :wink:

Don' they? Thats where Colin McRae must have been going wrong all those years then :brick:

Why all the WRC teams have been employing all those sub standard drivers for years when they could employ your expert skills is beyond me :notwor: ...... Sorry that was the phone ringing it was Ford on the phone asking did i have a contact number for the sweede as they said Miko could do with some tips for driving on snow :toofunny:

FPMSL Gee quality :lol: :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Ferret WR1 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:40 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:
Ferret WR1 wrote:
The Swede wrote::stupid:

Why the hell would I put the car more sideways ?

What a bunch of amateurs !! :rofl:

Maybe I should remind pooster how much faster he went going 'much more sideways ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA2nKYfg9gw

Clearly shows what a bunch of Essex cruisers I'm in the club with... They all :blahblah: about their 400 horsepower but none of these boyracers actually knows what they are there for or has the balls to use them. :mrgreen:

Why are all the WR1 in that video loosing there backend compared to the Evos? Is this intentional or characteristics of a WR1?

The sweede is a good driver, all that went to Spa /Ring 2006 will tell you so. I lost the back end twice simply because I can't drive. :lol:

Please dont let my Mrs see this video, she has only just forgiven me :lol: :lol: :lol:

So were all the WR1 loosing there backend compared to the Evos because of the drivers and not the car then :lol: :P :lol:
Ferret WR1

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Ferret WR1 wrote:
So were all the WR1 loosing there backend compared to the Evos because of the drivers and not the car then :lol: :P :lol:

I reckon it's more a case of the evo's female assited computer aids or "yaw...n" for short :lol:

Not all the subaru''s lost there back end, just the ones who were tail happi :lol: :lol: and wanted a bit more fun :oops:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Ferret WR1 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:27 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:
Ferret WR1 wrote:

I reckon it's more a case of the evo's female assited computer aids or "yaw...n" for short :lol:

Not all the subaru''s lost there back end, just the ones who were tail happi :lol: :lol: and wanted a bit more fun :oops:

Ah Yaw, nicely said :lol:

Fun, that's what it's all about right :P
Ferret WR1

Postby The Swede » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:49 am

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:I reckon it's more a case of the evo's female assited computer aids or "yaw...n" for short :lol:

You clearly have never driven with YAW control. It doesn't help that much. Electronic central diff does however help on snow. :wink:

As for stepping out the back end, why did you go straight over the kerbstones (at Mach 3 !) and the grass at the end of the Kemmel-straight? :lol:
The Swede

Postby The Swede » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:58 am

Gee Wr1 wrote:
The Swede wrote:

Gee, as usual you are proving you know f*ck-all about rallying and you try to hide it by trying to go personal.

Maybe you should watch the rally-videos again. The only time they get their car very sideways after a corner when they overcook it (so the next picture generally involves a ditch :lol:). Maybe McRae isn't the greatest reference. How many worldchampionships did McRae win with his overcooked style?

Here's another wildman who has a few more crowns under his belt. Have a look how sideways he pushes it, :wank:

(Intro of video is in Japanese :( . Explanation of the drivers is in English)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7omK8De ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7mrhlBn ... re=related
The Swede

Postby Gee Wr1 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:15 am

:roll: Yes i know sideways is not the fastest way in rallying but you can't denie the fact that McRae was both fast & sideways, can you?

Yet again we must bow to your superior knowledge on everything car wise as yes of course i know nothing about rallying :wank: How many rallys were you at last year? Have you been out to any this year yet? I think i have a reasonable level knowledge of rallying from local championships to wrc & going back to the golden days of Group B.
Gee Wr1

Postby The Swede » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:10 pm

Gee Wr1 wrote::roll: Yes i know sideways is not the fastest way in rallying but you can't denie the fact that McRae was both fast & sideways, can you?

Yet again we must bow to your superior knowledge on everything car wise as yes of course i know nothing about rallying :wank: How many rallys were you at last year? Have you been out to any this year yet? I think i have a reasonable level knowledge of rallying from local championships to wrc & going back to the golden days of Group B.

Even in group B times they didn't go that sideways.

You seem to confuse sideways and sideways after a corner. Even your local hero didn't get his car sideways after the corners. He came out straight. If he was sideways, it was to crash another car and lose another crown to Makinen, Gronholm or Burns... :roll:

As for rallying, don't worry, I probably see more rallies a year than you do.
We've been to the Artic in Finland this year and the last weekend I was there we went to a local rally in Kuusamo.

I assume you have already been to about 7 where you saw Jimmy McRae going sideways in his Mk II ? :dickhead:
The Swede

Postby The Swede » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:42 am

Just moving my pics from former duplicate topic :wink:

Faint of heard WR1 (and fake-WR1)-owners hit 'back' button asap :wink:

The Swede

Postby The Swede » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:43 am

Forgot my camera unfortunately, so had to do with mobile phone :oops:

Last edited by The Swede on Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Swede

Postby The Swede » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:44 am

The Swede

Postby The Swede » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:45 am

Short fragment of Hannu driving.

The Swede

Postby The Swede » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:45 am

Megaman wrote:Nice pics there mate... never seen an evo with that much tred on the tyres before! ;)

Yeah, let's say I run something a bit less 'cruiser' than the 888's :wink:

That's what they look like.

Not in 100% good nick anymore plus they're struggling with the brutal power delivery.

The Swede

Postby Ferret WR1 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:27 pm

Nice pics Swede :D
Ferret WR1

Postby Poncho » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:02 pm

Very tidy motor. Im loving the snow tyres mate.
Poncho

Postby WAYNE WRX » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:44 pm

Thats what I call a good set of tyres, loving the pictures Swede 8) 8) 8)
www.wwjpc.co.uk Wales "n" West Japanese Performance Cars WR1 495
WAYNE WRX

Postby The Swede » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:51 pm

Few pics of the road trip back from Finland last month.

Starting with the boring bits.

Driving through Sweden... Fascinating roads where you better stick to the speed limit...

The Swede

Postby The Swede » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:53 pm

And after approx 1150 miles of Scandinanvian roads, hurray, the German Autobahns where you can drive as fast as you want !!! :woohoo:

wohey...

The Swede

Postby The Swede » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:56 pm

We were trying to keep the spirits up at least. (Assume this will remind Spike of the former trip :lol:)

The Swede

Postby bbigman2000 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:37 pm

Swede, you look more like the kind of guy who builds train sets in his loft than your average evo buff, having said that the MLR crew were a funny bunch on that last meet really they were, they just did not dig the M5 showing up there plastic jap toys :lol:
Previously: Everything With 4 Wheels over 300bhp

Currently: M6 (57) & Hilux Invincible (60)
bbigman2000

Postby Megaman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:49 pm

i like the wooley jumper that his nan obviously nitted for him for an xmas present ;)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby CAVEMAN » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:52 pm

nah, all foreigners look like that...comes free with the passport.

I am surprised his isn't wearing it over his shoulders!! And you just know for sure those darn sandles and white socks are tucked under the dash!!

CAVEMAN

Postby WR 1mposter » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:40 pm

The Sweede is a abnormality when it comes to looks :lol: :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby The Swede » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:17 pm

CAVEMAN wrote:nah, all foreigners look like that...comes free with the passport.

I am surprised his isn't wearing it over his shoulders!! And you just know for sure those darn sandles and white socks are tucked under the dash!!

I bet you look much more like a foreigner in Finland than I do :lol:

And erm... no, sandles and white socks are typical 'British tourist' outfits, together with the stupid hat and lobster 'suntan'. I just love it how easy it is to pick out British tourists abroad. :rofl:
The Swede

Postby The Swede » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:02 am

Few of the latest pics:

The Swede

Postby The Swede » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:03 am

The Swede

Postby The Swede » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:27 am

Tyre swap yesterday.

My assistant

Advan 048 versus Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 (sorry for the crappy pic, it's taken with my mobile and the light is really bad this time of the year)

The Swede

PreviousNext

Return to The Garage