Login    Register

hi all wr1 305 checking in

Enter your edition number as the topic title then tell us a bit about your car. This can then be used as a searchable history for each car.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Postby wr1.305 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Micktype WR1 wrote:
markywr1 wrote:
rocko wrote:cool mate same spec as mine near as dam ... bet your well pleased

Am chuffed to bits with it Rocko :thumb:

Really glad it all worked out for you Marky considering the problems Kev used to have with it, often brought on by back street mechanics. I think it was up to 350bhp when Kev sold it. Presumably you've had it on RR by now.

What's it up to now ?

mick, i used what i was recommended at the time to be a good X subaru mechanic, who was trained and worked at cross roads garage... and also used matt who im sure will be chuffed to bits to be refered to as a back street mechanic?

And just to put your mind at ease marky, i had a problem with finding a banjo bolt to fit the APS SR40 turbo that was on at the time, aswell as a few other minor problems but not with the car with the ancillaries i had fitted. Feel free to call cross roads garage and speak to Kev or Elliot regarding the cars history. the car was owned buy a lady called Sue Jelfs previours to me incase you need it to find history. In my opinion one of if not now the best example around.
Last edited by wr1.305 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wr1.305

Postby zedder » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:45 pm

still only worth 5 pence now according to swede lol :lol:

only joking !! got to agree its getting to rosy b's standard :thumb:
zedder

Postby Micktype WR1 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi Kev...

I remember your sad times with it.
The paintwork job ! You were nearly in tears over it.
The banjo bolt problem. Yeh, that trained mechanic dropped swarf into the hole didn't he ?
Then with the new turbo on it ran like a pig (your words I seem to recall )
as needed a remap ??? I remember chattin to you at The Whittington and you were nearly ready to throw the towel in.

THEN Matt helped you thank god. He probably had more knowledge than that trained mechanic from Crossroads I think you'll agree.

Anyway, you were sad to let it go I recall and now clearly it's been fixed.
Inbetween the smiles it gave you, you certainly had some bad luck too.

Good to hear from you again. Hope all is well with your new scooby. Last I saw it was looking 8) 8)
Micktype WR1

Postby wr1.305 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:19 pm

Micktype WR1 wrote:Hi Kev...

I remember your sad times with it.
The paintwork job ! You were nearly in tears over it.
The banjo bolt problem. Yeh, that trained mechanic dropped swarf into the hole didn't he ?
Then with the new turbo on it ran like a pig (your words I seem to recall )
as needed a remap ??? I remember chattin to you at The Whittington and you were nearly ready to throw the towel in.

THEN Matt helped you thank god. He probably had more knowledge than that trained mechanic from Crossroads I think you'll agree.

Anyway, you were sad to let it go I recall and now clearly it's been fixed.
Inbetween the smiles it gave you, you certainly had some bad luck too.

Good to hear from you again. Hope all is well with your new scooby. Last I saw it was looking 8) 8)

sorry for the huge qoute above but ive had a tad to much whiskey to remember all the points id like to touch on. Everything you stated is indeed correct. However, i feel the need to clarify the above. The paint work was due to a tent guy rope rubbing the front bumper, the car was sold to mark like it he corrected that himself. the banjo bolt matt did do a fantastic job on, removing 99.9 % of the crap that was dropped in it. the aps sr40 turbo was laggy, which later on found out is normal for this turbo. Powerstation did the re-map and it was quiet frankly ... crap only reaching 359.8 bhp if i remember (mark has the dyno). however all of this is irrelevant. i sold the car to mark for a price agreed that took all of this into concideration. i disclosed every fault with the car at point of sale (even the condensating head light). However this dosnt take anything away from the car itself as the turbo, scuffed bumper, remap, have either been replaced or repaired to RCM standard. So where this is all going i dont know as this is pointless. With the cars pedigree / history Mark has produced one of the best wr1's around. I am now going to get another whiskey and give the misses a good seeing to.
wr1.305

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:46 am

wr1.305 wrote: the aps sr40 turbo was laggy, which later on found out is normal for this turbo. Powerstation did the re-map and it was quiet frankly ... .

Kev, I had over 370bhp with a tmic and 410bhp with a fmic on that very same aps sr40, from day one I always to you'd be around 360/370 with the set up you had, whoever told you you'd be over 400 with the set up was cuckoo. To this day I wish I left our car at 370bhp and that so laggy sr40 :roll:

An where the fec is my ecu ?
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby wr1.305 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:17 am

still sat on the kitchen unit. sorry. be in the post as soon as im not snowed in. i think i have your address but to be on the safe side pm it to me.
wr1.305

Previous

Return to WR1 Register