Login    Register

Enter your edition number as the topic title then tell us a bit about your car. This can then be used as a searchable history for each car.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author

Postby Chris B » Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:17 pm

My WR1 has had a full de-cat, K&N air filter, front and rear strut braces, Kenwood touch screen hi-fi with all the bells and whistles and uprated front speakers. I've been thinking about having equal length manifolds but I'm just doing a bit of market research at the moment. Anybody got any thoughts pros/cons? Roger Clarke Motorsport suggest having an ECU re-map after having this done. Any body had this done ?
Chris B

Postby Brian » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:51 pm

hi Chris and welcome to the site.

Havent any mods on my WR1 ( apart from the tints on the sides and rear)

Will be good to have a look at your Ice install at the rolling road mate :)
Brian

Postby Brian » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:31 pm

Good to meet you Chris and your Wife.
We had a great Demo of the Ice install :)

Brian
Brian

Postby iceman-wr1 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:07 pm

Yes thanks for the demo Chris, nice to meet you and your wife.
iceman-wr1

Postby Brian » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:16 pm

Love the Plate :)
Brian

Re: 82

Postby WR1Lee » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:17 pm

Chris B wrote:My WR1 has had a full de-cat, K&N air filter, front and rear strut braces, Kenwood touch screen hi-fi with all the bells and whistles and uprated front speakers. I've been thinking about having equal length manifolds but I'm just doing a bit of market research at the moment. Anybody got any thoughts pros/cons? Roger Clarke Motorsport suggest having an ECU re-map after having this done. Any body had this done ?

Hi Chris

After doing a full decat on your WR1 has that not voided your Subaru warranty :?:
WR1Lee

Postby Brian » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:50 pm

Chris has got a friendly Dealer.
Im sure if you PM him heel let you know their name.
Brian

Postby Chris B » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:01 am

Hi Guys,
What a great day on Saturday. Not quite the result I was hoping for re the de-cat, but it was great meeting everyone and putting faces to names.
Having the de-cat did not void the warranty - I had it done at Crossroads, Shipston on Stour. Ring 01608 661544 and speak to Jon Mathers.

I spoke to him Monday to discuss the abysmal performance on the rolling road and he says I haven't run it hard enough! I'm having the ECU re-set and then going to give it some shit! Then I'll test it again to see wether it's learnt it's lesson!
Everyone seemed to like the ICE so here's the details in case you all want to go out and get one. Kenwood DDX7025. If anyone wants more details like price/fitting costs etc to use as a lever to get a good price at your local dealers let me know.
Heaven can wait....I'm playing with my scooby.
Chris B

Postby Brian » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:18 am

CHris mate your Decat works a treat, i think that its the same story that every one - including me - thinks that after a decat we should all see massive increases in performance.

We have to bear in mind that Maybe Pro Drive have done their homework and got it right first time with the WR1 exhaust :lol:

The sound of the decat is Fantastic 8)
The increase in the Tickover Burble is like a song bird tweating its morning chorus :lol:

Im getting a bit carried away now.. sorry..

Brian.
Brian

Postby Cold Turkey » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:18 am

Thanks for the feedback Chris and it was good to meet you both.

Keep us all informed after you've had your ECU reset and been back on the RR. I assume to get a proper comparism you'll be going back to Clive Attholes for the re-testing ?

And it must be a hard choice between listening to your ICE or your exhaust ... :D
Cold Turkey

Postby Chris B » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:21 pm

Hi'yall,

Very poetic, Brian! It is very tempting to just drive around with your head hanging out the window listening to them sweet burbles, but the nights are drawing in and I might get frostbite!
I've been to Roger Clarkes to get the ECU re-set today so I will let you all know how things are going. I will be going back to Clive Atthole so it will be a proper comparison.
Chris B

Postby chris » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:51 pm

I'm sure i read something on Scoobynet ages ago from Mike Wood, where he said that the cars didn't gain anything with a full decat.

I could be wrong and it wasn't him at all though! (It was a long time ago...)

Chris
chris

Postby Brian » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:39 pm

Roger Clarke Knows his stuff so any input from him would be great, keep us all informed Chris, im sure there will be a few of us turn up at another Rolling road test At Clives :)
Brian

Postby Chris B » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:05 am

Just for the record no82 now with18000 miles full RCM forged engine rebuild with the latest twisted turbo,exe-tc fast road suspension,STI lateral and trailing links,up-rated anti-roll bars,full set of defi gauges with controller,pioneer stereo with up-rated speakers,polished wishbones with rose-jointed bushes,Full RCM exhaust system,lightweight battery,STI track-rods and bottom ball joints,toyo TIRs 235/40 tyres,AP racing brakes all round.
This one owner WR1 is in tip top condition.
Chris B

Postby CAVEMAN » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:45 pm

sure has come a long way buddy. Reading your original post just makes me smile...

caught the modding bug in the best way possible!

"RCM recommend a re-map" - oh balls to it why not re-build the whole thing, use it as R&D for the Twisted turbo and be done with it!!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

amazing work, amazing car.
CAVEMAN

Postby Chris B » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:08 am

That just about sums it up my friend.
Chris B

Return to WR1 Register