Login    Register

362 from Yorkshire area?

Enter your edition number as the topic title then tell us a bit about your car. This can then be used as a searchable history for each car.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
362 from Yorkshire area?

Postby MUNK » Tue May 03, 2011 10:54 am

As above...362... finally looking to make a purchase after a long wait and would like to see what you good people have,on this car? All info would be great!! have had a look through the register and couldn't shine no light on it.......
MUNK

Postby John Mc » Tue May 03, 2011 4:46 pm

If there is no history in the search then just look out for the most common fault... knocking from the rear struts which is not the end of the world!

Do you know if it is standard or modified? If modified, what has been modded.... by whom and when (not really important but it could have been years ago in which case parts may be at end of life)...?!

hope it is a good clean car. How many miles?
John Mc

Postby MUNK » Tue May 03, 2011 5:19 pm

its done 48.000 miles and has no mods...apart from rear shocks is there any thing else i should be lookin for? apart from the general leaks rattles etc etc ?
MUNK

Postby John Mc » Tue May 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Just look for wear and tear and general maintenance... brakes (pads and discs) if standard are not massively expensive, some good offers from Alyn on here.

Clutch is an expensive job so you want to check there are no bearing noises and you can get into every gear (incl. 6th) without having to wrestle with the box.

You should be able to tell quite quickly if someone has really looked after the car or whether they've just bought it to thrash and move on... Check it has the WR1 gearknob, WR1 tax disc holder and WR1 keyring (keyring is like rocking horse poo to get hold of) and also the WR1 plaque in the centre console at the bottom.

Check no damage to the wheels either as you can get them refurbed but I think getting hold replacements is getting harder and probably only available if someone is breaking a WR1....

Look for rust around the boot seals and the windscreen as some fitters use a knife to break the rubber seal and end up scoring the paintwork which leads to rust. Again, not the end of the world as you can always get this fixed but a spray job is not going to be cheap and matching is always fraught....
John Mc

Postby BIG"E" » Tue May 03, 2011 7:38 pm

MADMUNK wrote:its done 48.000 miles and has no mods...apart from rear shocks is there any thing else i should be lookin for? apart from the general leaks rattles etc etc ?

Leaks, rattles?

Mine doesnt have any.

I think your thinking of a classic. :shock: :lol:
BIG"E"

Postby MUNK » Tue May 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Thanks everything seems to be were it should plaque etc key ring I's proberbly on eBay somewhere thou???? Just going to have to have a final inspection with all this ammo I'm being given!!
BIG"E" wrote:
MADMUNK wrote:its done 48.000 miles and has no mods...apart from rear shocks is there any thing else i should be lookin for? apart from the general leaks rattles etc etc ?

Leaks, rattles?

Mine doesnt have any.

I think your thinking of a classic. :shock: :lol:
8) yeah was common place with mine haha :cry:
MUNK

Postby Ferret WR1 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:42 am

How much you buying it for???
Ferret WR1

Return to WR1 Register