Login    Register

Hopefully the new owner of ?

Enter your edition number as the topic title then tell us a bit about your car. This can then be used as a searchable history for each car.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Hopefully the new owner of ?

Postby DDUK » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Hi, i've been here a while dribbling over all these ice blue beauties, now, we are in the midst of actually buy one.
Number unknown as yet i have the reg and its looking tidy, though a cat D, all seems to be in order and matching etc, yet to see the log book, as the seller had only had it 2 days, just wondered as there seems to be a few Worcester people on here, is for sale in Solihull, so seems to have been Birmingham based for a while. If anyone knows anything bout it or has seen it , owned it, etc the reg is **54 AGO so will be a late 400 number i am guessing?
Any help or info on this would be massively appreciated, many thanks
If that was it, i've had it!
DDUK

Re: Hopefully the new owner of ?

Postby Foley » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:01 pm

DDUK wrote:Hi, i've been here a while dribbling over all these ice blue beauties, now, we are in the midst of actually buy one.
Number unknown as yet i have the reg and its looking tidy, though a cat D, all seems to be in order and matching etc, yet to see the log book, as the seller had only had it 2 days, just wondered as there seems to be a few Worcester people on here, is for sale in Solihull, so seems to have been Birmingham based for a while. If anyone knows anything bout it or has seen it , owned it, etc the reg is **54 AGO so will be a late 400 number i am guessing?
Any help or info on this would be massively appreciated, many thanks

Get the build number then we can find info on it,
Is it this one? If it is then it's 2k overpriced...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1473702.htm
Foley

Postby DDUK » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Yes it is that one, we have phoned the guy numerous times today to follow up what was said yesterday upon viewing and he hasn't replied yet. We have tried a different number to call from in case there was some kind of avoidance issue, but still the same, so left feeling a bit ....dunno?

He offered us a great price, not that of the advert and in part ex for our Spec B Legacy sports tourer, so we believe it is a decent price.
The condition of it is very good, with only minimal scratches and imperfections etc.

Just not sure what to think/do next?
DDUK

Postby Bonovox » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Did he tell you what sort of "vandalism" caused it to be a Cat D?
AS Foley says If you are able to make contact with him get the build number and check here.
Good luck in your search!
Bonovox

Postby DDUK » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:37 pm

Thank you, seems he doesn't know much bout the damage, apart from its had all new windows and a new door panel finish, its structurally very sound as my other half (the P1 addict) checked it very thoroughly and no sign of anything.

The guy agreed to remove it from his website after we finished up yesterday and he has done so, so lets hope he just works in a job, where he can't answer his phone or similar, will try him again in another hour or so and will ask for the build number and scans of the log book/paperwork IF we can ever get hold of him.

Although we do believe that selling cars is a sideline for his normal occupation.
DDUK

Postby John Mc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:00 pm

DDUK wrote:Thank you, seems he doesn't know much bout the damage, apart from its had all new windows and a new door panel finish, its structurally very sound as my other half (the P1 addict) checked it very thoroughly and no sign of anything.

The guy agreed to remove it from his website after we finished up yesterday and he has done so, so lets hope he just works in a job, where he can't answer his phone or similar, will try him again in another hour or so and will ask for the build number and scans of the log book/paperwork IF we can ever get hold of him.

Although we do believe that selling cars is a sideline for his normal occupation.

Sounds like you need to give that a wide berth mate....
John Mc

Postby Foley » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:32 pm

Tiddler wrote:
DDUK wrote:Thank you, seems he doesn't know much bout the damage, apart from its had all new windows and a new door panel finish, its structurally very sound as my other half (the P1 addict) checked it very thoroughly and no sign of anything.

Sounds like you need to give that a wide berth mate....

Just what i was thinking, Don't buy a cat D you will never sell it on, Trust me i know thats why he's giving you a good deal on your car,

Plenty for sale at decent prices...
Foley

Postby DDUK » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Well we called again this evening and he answered, and said he would scan and email the paperwork to us tomorrow. Just seems a bit lapsadasical.

We would be buying this to keep, to never sell on, with a bit of luck. (as himself was bitterly upset at having to sell his beloved P1)
But our main problem is to sell ours as it has milage of many on it and such a big engine too, this is why we feel that this deal looks like a good plan.

But yet to see the papers so it may go sour anyway.
DDUK

Postby Crockel » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:43 pm

Good luck with your hunt.

As others have said I would give a Cat D an extremely wide berth. The market is in total disarray at the moment and WR1s seem to be going for several thousand pounds less now than they were earlier in the year. You should be able to pick up a reasonable mileage 'not recorded' motor for not a lot more money than that one.

L
Crockel

Postby DDUK » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Well, i won't bore you with the details, but over the course of the last 2 weeks, we still havent seen any paperwork, and so i decided today to ask him for our deposit money back, and after him telling lies all this time he did say he would pay us back, i gave paypal details , sent a request this afternoon, and yep, still nothing.
Turns out (he says) that someone has run into the side of it causing a massive long scratch.

So will keep trying to gain our money and go from there.

Soooooo if you know anyone with WR1 who wants to PX with a Spec B Legacy, do let us know.

Yours bitterly disappointed :-(
DDUK

Postby WR 1mposter » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:06 am

Foley wrote: Don't buy a cat D you will never sell it on

I've sold several Cat D's, they will sell providing it's priced accordingly.

Just remember it's a uneconmical repair according to the accessor, it does'nt have to be accident damage to be written off, it could be keyed on every panel or flood damage, so no actual structual damage. I've known car be written off for a back bumper damage, also I seem to remember a certain white sti that was stolen off the drive only to be recovered with very little damage.

Dont forget there are "supposedly" straight cars out there that have had accident damage repaired, I know a few WR1's on this site that have some kind of damage repaired. :shock: :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Back again now with a different car to consider.

Postby DDUK » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:59 pm

So as we still don't have our money back off the donkey that robbed us in Solihull, we are now on the look out for a different one.

Went to look at number 389 today in Havant, Hampshire. Looking very nice and very tidy. Might anyone know of it's past life on here? I have searched the register and can't locate the same number so............... any news?

The guy seemed pretty interested in part ex-ing too, so it might be a goer.
I have the reg number too, but didn't know if i should put it up here??

Huge thanks for any info.
DDUK

Re: Back again now with a different car to consider.

Postby Foley » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:25 pm

DDUK wrote:So as we still don't have our money back off the donkey that robbed us in Solihull, we are now on the look out for a different one.

Went to look at number 389 today in Havant, Hampshire. Looking very nice and very tidy. Might anyone know of it's past life on here? I have searched the register and can't locate the same number so............... any news?

The guy seemed pretty interested in part ex-ing too, so it might be a goer.
I have the reg number too, but didn't know if i should put it up here??

Huge thanks for any info.

forum/viewtopic.php?t=12287&highlight=389

forum/viewtopic.php?t=12269&highlight=389
Focus ST's rule!!!
Foley

Postby DDUK » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:44 am

So apart from the rear window issue, we were gonna go for it. Called the guy, and he told us it was already sold!!!

Are we ever gonna get one, as i'm getting a bit peeved with this now. :(
DDUK

Postby BIG"E" » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:04 am

Crockel wrote:
The market is in total disarray at the moment and WR1s seem to be going for several thousand pounds less now than they were earlier in the year.

Sorry for being controversial,

If owners keep selling WR1s too cheaply the price will drop.

It affects us all. :roll:
BIG"E"

Postby G-MAC 181 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:36 pm

The market is in disarray, my car has been for sale for months, immac full history, low miles but very little interest mostly e-mails. Hopefully it will pick up again soon.
G-MAC 181

Postby Foley » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:44 pm

BIG"E" wrote:
Crockel wrote:
The market is in total disarray at the moment and WR1s seem to be going for several thousand pounds less now than they were earlier in the year.

People have to sell cheap so they can sell, Some people on here are basically giving there car away and still can't get rid of them :roll:
Focus ST's rule!!!
Foley

Postby Loco2527 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:48 pm

its not just WR1's though. looking across different scooby forums, people seem to be struggling all types of car. When I got my car HPI'd, it said value was only about £6000 - things like that don't help either.
Loco2527

Postby Crockel » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:52 pm

Foley wrote:
BIG"E" wrote:
Crockel wrote:

People have to sell cheap so they can sell, Some people on here are basically giving there car away and still can't get rid of them :roll:

As has been said on numerous threads already (and it's spot on) a car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. Just because they were paying £13000 for it a year doesn't mean it's worth £13k or anywhere near today. If the market for varying factors think it is worth £8k tops this week that is what it's worth.

It might be hard to swallow but that's life. This time next year it might have gone back up in value again (but in light of the current financial mess of the country I wouldn't recommend going down to Ladbrookes and putting a wager on it :lol: ).

L
Crockel

Postby M9JOC » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:30 am

plus the fuel bills and servicing costs, tyres every year or two and the other joys of scooby/evo ownership its a struggle, car prices are mental at the moment
98 DC2 Integra type R
00 Audi TT 180 Coupe
03 DC5 Integra typeR
02 Alfa spider V6
01 Honda s2000
03 Audi TT 225 roadster
02 Porsche Boxster S
06 porsche Cayman
04 Subaru Impreza STi WR1
Now:
07 BMW Z4M
M9JOC