Login    Register

No: 194 in Aberdeen

Enter your edition number as the topic title then tell us a bit about your car. This can then be used as a searchable history for each car.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
No: 194 in Aberdeen

Postby M9JOC » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:58 am

Just picked up the car last night, Delighted at for age and milage how clean this car is. It has the odd stone chip and the wheels are not the greatest but as read they dont hold their looks for long without blistering and owner before loved a good kerb.

On a plus note Its my first Impreza i never thought i would i have one as i have never thought about them but due to me not eating for the last 6 months due to a monster mortgage i had to sell my Red Porsche Cayman ( see car history below) And i was told this is an awesome machine for the cash. I drive about 30 miles a week privatly so the car will do 1.5-2.0k a year tops. It has had a full service history and belts changed. Only mods (i can notice) is a dump valve it doesnt say name on it but it hasent effected the rev range it is very stronge through to reline. Car has no squeeks or rattles and everything works. It is missing tax disc holder (gutted).

The headunit and stereo system will be out shortly with a good sensible install going back in. I want to gadget up the interior with gauges etc.

Eventually like everyone says i will push the performance up but just now i am happy with the power and handling

I have always been active on forums of the cars i have owned and this seems like a good little community. I have been reading as much as i can about de- ambering (defo being done aswell as upgrading bulbs). exhausts etc.

So finally Hi :D and has anyone got advise for me to look for or do to the car to enjoy ownership even more :?: .

Thanks

James
98 DC2 Integra type R
00 Audi TT 180 Coupe
03 DC5 Integra typeR
02 Alfa spider V6
01 Honda s2000
03 Audi TT 225 roadster
02 Porsche Boxster S
06 porsche Cayman
04 Subaru Impreza STi WR1
Now:
07 BMW Z4M
M9JOC

Postby strangely brown » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:17 pm

Welcome :wave:

Nice to see another '1 in the area. We must be approaching double figures around ABZ by now!!

Enjoy the 'wee beastie' - it'll put a big smile on your face! :D
strangely brown

Postby Bonovox » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:28 pm

Hi, No tax disc holder, the odd stone chip, blistering and kerbing on the wheels...... Sounds like you have got my car! :lol: If the car originally comes from Aberdeen your kerbing could be caused by potholes, that's what's damaged mine. :roll:
Watch when you de tango your lights, I noticed a blobeye at the recent Aberdeen motor show that had been de tangoed and one of the headlights had bad condensation.
Good to have another 1 up here, happy motoring! :wave:
Bonovox

Postby M9JOC » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:48 pm

cheers Lads, aye the car is not from up here, it was a one owner from new job. Got it from Raymond at sunnyhill, he has supplied my cars for years now. He told me about it in passing convo and the rest was history bought it on his word and its great.

I had contemplated evo9 but they are everywhere here its a joke.

I havent ever seen one of them in the flesh in town but i guess i will now!!

James
98 DC2 Integra type R
00 Audi TT 180 Coupe
03 DC5 Integra typeR
02 Alfa spider V6
01 Honda s2000
03 Audi TT 225 roadster
02 Porsche Boxster S
06 porsche Cayman
Now:
07 BMW Z4M
M9JOC

Postby swrtno1 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:26 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

Fit like loon, another owner in aberdeen! :shock: have seen a few more going about the town now its summer :D Good to hear you are enjoying the 1 it is also my first impreza and owend mine for 3 half years now and loved evry min of owning the beast!
IF IN DOUT, FLAT OUT!!!
COLIN McRAE R.I.P
swrtno1

Postby Ferret WR1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:10 pm

Welcome and congrats on your purchase :wink:
Ferret WR1

Postby Clark » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Welcome!

Not happy with the amount of 1's in Aberdeen now, when I bought mine it was to be different and there's a fair few now :lol: :lol:

Hopefully sunyhill didnt polish the car before you bought it, some of the most shocking cars I have ever seen paint wise sit in their forecourt which is a shame as they sell a decent range of motors 8)
Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Postby MaverickUK82 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:46 pm

How have you found the performance compared to your Cayman?
MaverickUK82

Postby M9JOC » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:10 pm

Clark wrote:Welcome!

Not happy with the amount of 1's in Aberdeen now, when I bought mine it was to be different and there's a fair few now :lol: :lol:

Hopefully sunyhill didnt polish the car before you bought it, some of the most shocking cars I have ever seen paint wise sit in their forecourt which is a shame as they sell a decent range of motors 8)

aye the paint aint the best. has never ever seen a clay bar :shock:
not a huge amount of swirl marks considering but no volume in paint, it seems like a hazy mirror, needs a good going over.

Sunnyhill is a brilliant garage, always have amazing selection, always way better then on there website. You want a specific car, they will find you it in a flash.

James
98 DC2 Integra type R
00 Audi TT 180 Coupe
03 DC5 Integra typeR
02 Alfa spider V6
01 Honda s2000
03 Audi TT 225 roadster
02 Porsche Boxster S
06 porsche Cayman
Now:
07 BMW Z4M
M9JOC

Postby M9JOC » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:19 pm

MaverickUK82 wrote:How have you found the performance compared to your Cayman?

the cayman was brilliant but lacked the fire in its belly it really needed a supercharger. I fitted a borla exhaust the thing sounded like a beast of a ferrari, totally un porsche like. Handling wise and braking the cayman wins low down power it wins. But after 4k rpm Wr1 wins.

Different cars to live with i can get my golf clubs and more than one person in the wr in the cayman it wasnt practical. I did 1000 miles this year because i couldnt use the car. I was also scared to park it any where cause it cost me 43 grand and it was a bright red porsche- i expected to get it keyed or spat on.

the wr will enhanse my life more because i will be able to use my own car.
Also i can play about with the scoob, add things here and there. With the Cayman , i fitted an exhaust and debadged it woop, not the most fun.

I love the scoob allot and its a surprise as i never thought of buying one till it was mearly suggested.

James
98 DC2 Integra type R
00 Audi TT 180 Coupe
03 DC5 Integra typeR
02 Alfa spider V6
01 Honda s2000
03 Audi TT 225 roadster
02 Porsche Boxster S
06 porsche Cayman
Now:
07 BMW Z4M