Login    Register

Enter your edition number as the topic title then tell us a bit about your car. This can then be used as a searchable history for each car.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author

Postby jjay1973 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:02 am

just bought a number 315 wr1 i love this car soo much its not funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jjay1973

Re: 315

Postby Bonovox » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:04 am

jjay1973 wrote:just bought a number 315 wr1 i love this car soo much its not funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done, I know how you feel! :lol:
Bonovox

Postby WR 1mposter » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:06 pm

Welcome mate !

Do you know any history on the car ?
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Re: 315

Postby Biglad58 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:20 pm

jjay1973 wrote:just bought a number 315 wr1 i love this car soo much its not funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Know exactly how you feel there mate.
Biglad58

Postby NewSuboy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:57 am

This was the one written off back in Jan 08!

I saw it for sale loads of times over the last couple of years.

Here is the link:-

forum/viewtopic.php?t=10088&highlight=315
UK TURBO...SOLD
P1 976.....SOLD
WR1 043.... SOLD
M3 CAB (E46) ..SOLD
EVO IX MR FQ-360 (running 410/430)
NewSuboy

Postby Clark » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:31 pm

I hope he knew already, otherwise you've probably just ruined his day!... :?
Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Postby Thomo no 11 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:34 pm

:?: :arrow: :!:
Thomo no 11

Postby M9JOC » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:50 pm

That is really unfair if he doesnt know. As long as its been repaired well hopefully its as good as new.

Congrats on the purchase :thumb: Enjoy the car they are ace fun!!!!
98 DC2 Integra type R
00 Audi TT 180 Coupe
03 DC5 Integra typeR
02 Alfa spider V6
01 Honda s2000
03 Audi TT 225 roadster
02 Porsche Boxster S
06 porsche Cayman
04 Subaru Impreza STi WR1
Now:
07 BMW Z4M
M9JOC

Postby Clark » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:24 am

An HPI check would have brought it up so I'm guessing he knows. Congrats on the car though mate, dont stop it putting a massive smile on your face! :D
Clark

Postby NewSuboy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:26 am

Well I only remebered because I nearly went to look at it myself about 2 years ago before when I was selling my P1, it was for sale however I checked on here spotted that it had been written off and spoke to the guy selling it.

He completely denied it and said it was the same car even though the build number and reg were the same as the one that got written off.

I decided to stear clear of it but it sold not long after on Ebay for dirt cheap, but then I noticed it was up for sale again months later.

Like you say above an HPI check would reveal it surely?
UK TURBO...SOLD
P1 976.....SOLD
WR1 043.... SOLD
M3 CAB (E46) ..SOLD
NewSuboy

Postby Clark » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:47 am

NewSuboy wrote:Well I only remebered because I nearly went to look at it myself about 2 years ago before when I was selling my P1, it was for sale however I checked on here spotted that it had been written off and spoke to the guy selling it.

He completely denied it and said it was the same car even though the build number and reg were the same as the one that got written off.

I decided to stear clear of it but it sold not long after on Ebay for dirt cheap, but then I noticed it was up for sale again months later.

It wasnt for sale in Birmingham was it? I was all ready to go down there with cash to buy one from Brum untill I did an HPI check and it revealed it had been written off, the seller said it was 100% straight and was sound as a pound untill I asked for details to do a check, he never picked his phone up after that as I assume he realised he was about to be busted - cant for the life of me remember the number of the car though!
Clark

Postby zedder » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:08 pm

as long as the damage has been repaired to a high standard then you could pick up a bit of a bargain !! once i had an astra sri that had all its front end totalled 2 wings ,bonnet the lot and still didnt get put on the hpi register :? :lol:
zedder

Postby NewSuboy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:57 am

Clark wrote:
NewSuboy wrote:Well I only remebered because I nearly went to look at it myself about 2 years ago before when I was selling my P1, it was for sale however I checked on here spotted that it had been written off and spoke to the guy selling it.

It wasnt for sale in Birmingham was it? I was all ready to go down there with cash to buy one from Brum untill I did an HPI check and it revealed it had been written off, the seller said it was 100% straight and was sound as a pound untill I asked for details to do a check, he never picked his phone up after that as I assume he realised he was about to be busted - cant for the life of me remember the number of the car though!

Yeah cant remember where exactly in Birmingham it was but defo the same car as I remember reading on here about who the guy wrote it off.
UK TURBO...SOLD
P1 976.....SOLD
WR1 043.... SOLD
M3 CAB (E46) ..SOLD
NewSuboy

Postby Clark » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:32 pm

The guy told me that the car belonged to his son who was at university in Leeds at the time and so he couldnt justify it sitting it about so that's why it was for sale. There were no pics of it on a driveway or anything, just half parked on the pavement in the middle of a fairly nice looking housing estate. As I said, as soon as I came off the phone from getting a few details to do an HPI check he never answered the phone again. I felt like dropping in by on my way to Oxford to buy my current WR1 to "have a word" :lol:

I dont mind people selling cars that are Cat D's etc and being honest about it, but dont tell me a car is 100% straight and original when you know it's not, ar$e hole.
Clark

Postby M9JOC » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:58 pm

This lad hasnt been back on, wonder if someone has had a WR1 smashed into them for selling under false pretences!!! f*cking shame. :x
98 DC2 Integra type R
00 Audi TT 180 Coupe
03 DC5 Integra typeR
02 Alfa spider V6
01 Honda s2000
03 Audi TT 225 roadster
02 Porsche Boxster S
06 porsche Cayman
04 Subaru Impreza STi WR1
Now:
07 BMW Z4M
M9JOC

Postby NewSuboy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:02 pm

I totally agree, people should have all the detials and for those smashes that arent recorded on HPI ... well thats just cruel doing that to someone.

:evil:
UK TURBO...SOLD
P1 976.....SOLD
WR1 043.... SOLD
M3 CAB (E46) ..SOLD
NewSuboy

Postby Clark » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:11 pm

I just realised the date he posted this thread, it was a year ago - more than likely sold by now!
Clark

Postby Raywr1 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi hope your enjoing the car i only just got mine and im over the moon with it.
As far as the crash is concerned its like everyone says if its been done properly it shouldnt make any difference to it. Im a mechanic and own my own garage so my advice if your not sure would be have it hpi'd sometimes this will tell you where the damage was eg front/rear/side then have a local garage put on a lift to see how it looks from underneath, if you wanna be 100% take it to a garage with really good laser alignment gear and have the tracking ect set-up proprely to make sure she is driving as it should. hpi is still not all that because it only tells you if a car was written off, there are 1000's of cars on the road that had bad crashes but get repaired and never have anything recorded about the history. Thats were the system fails because insurance make the decisions according to the value of the car so you can get some cars with little damage but not economical to repair and others with alot of damage that are worth the cost. I had an R33 skyline that had a bad accident and got repaired if you hpi that car it is all clear even though it hit a taxi at about 50mph. Hope all this help ya mate. Enjoy the car
Hi all my name is Ray. I own WR1 number 166.
Raywr1

Postby Foley » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:13 pm

Raywr1 wrote:Hi hope your enjoing the car i only just got mine and im over the moon with it.
As far as the crash is concerned its like everyone says if its been done properly it shouldnt make any difference to it. Im a mechanic and own my own garage so my advice if your not sure would be have it hpi'd sometimes this will tell you where the damage was eg front/rear/side then have a local garage put on a lift to see how it looks from underneath, if you wanna be 100% take it to a garage with really good laser alignment gear and have the tracking ect set-up proprely to make sure she is driving as it should. hpi is still not all that because it only tells you if a car was written off, there are 1000's of cars on the road that had bad crashes but get repaired and never have anything recorded about the history. Thats were the system fails because insurance make the decisions according to the value of the car so you can get some cars with little damage but not economical to repair and others with alot of damage that are worth the cost. I had an R33 skyline that had a bad accident and got repaired if you hpi that car it is all clear even though it hit a taxi at about 50mph. Hope all this help ya mate. Enjoy the car

Good post mate :thumb: Always good to have a mechanic on the forum, Ps get some pics of your car up mate :wink:
Focus ST's rule!!!
Foley

Return to WR1 Register