Login    Register

RS4

Discuss other makes of cars here

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
RS4

Postby POESY » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:51 am

Tell you what folks, those things have got some serious grunt :shock: Might even give the mighty T25 a run for its money !!!

Had a bit of a play with one last week and I recon its about time for a test drive to try it out for myself. Impressive machine.
POESY

Postby Houdini » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:44 am

Definitely :wink: RS4 is a wonderful piece of kit. If I could afford it I'd be thinking of having one too. I know the Swede has an opinion about Audi though :lol:
Houdini

Postby The Swede » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:06 pm

Let's keep customer service seperately.

The RS4 is sure a great all-round car. I would see it as luxury car for general use... that also happens to be (very) fast.
As opposed to a fast brute that also happens to have 4 doors (e.g. Scoob or Evo).

I had chosen it as it was probably the easiest fast car I could 'sell' to the wife. :angel:

Its main quality is the fact that you can use it to munch thousands of miles while still being able to give a 911 a run for its money.
It is also very easy to drive fast. Accelerate, brake, steer. No need to be worried it will bite back at you.

But as such, it has plenty of competition, especially in countries where 4WD is not a bonus: M3, 997 and 997 S, C55 AMG, etc.

And in that group, my choice would definitely be a 997 C2 with PASM in the UK. Similar cost in HP or Contract Hire but more character, great sound and safer investment.

For weekend use, I prefer an Evo or fast Scoob, no contest. Much more brutal and more entertaining to drive (if you enjoy fighting with the car at least).
If I could only have one car that had to be fast and transport for family holidays, an RS4 Avant would sure be in my top 3 (together with the S6 and probably the E63 AMG). I don't think it should be compared to Evo or Scoob though.

Thank you to Audi by the way, for giving me a brilliant excuse to revert to the Jap rally machinery.
"Sorry honey, but Audi just moved the delivery 6 months out and say they can't do the quote lease price but want 30% more... Let's get another 4WD saloon" :lol: 8)
The Swede

Postby POESY » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:58 pm

Mate. I was just impressed by how much oooooomph it had. I seemed to have a bit more initial acceleration in each gear, but then as the revs/speed rose he'd close the gap again until the next gearchange.

Would never consider buying an audi though. Bland cars. Never lusted after any audi since the origional quattro thing, that was 8)
POESY

Postby The Swede » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:59 pm

Real quattro 8) 8) 8) :woohoo: :bow: :bow:

The in gear acceleration was indeed impressive. Not the initial shove, but the thing just kept going !
What else to expect from a 4.2 V8 that revs to 8500rpm, though :thumb:

Go and try it !
The Swede

Return to Other Marques