Pimped

Discuss other makes of cars here

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Pimped

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:52 pm

before..

after 8)

Look very dark in light but with light in background not TOO bad!!

Shows the blue metallic tint in the black paintwork up also, so i am very pleased :D

Takes getting used to at night as you dont get a great view!! reversing aint easy either :? (waiting for the crunch :rofl: )

Also got geometry set up as the group N tarmac set up!!

LOTS LOTS BETTER :twisted:
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
"Special Needs" constable

Postby danr55 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:04 pm

looks really good mate. 8)

bet if feels much better with geo done ?
danr55
Site Owner

Postby The Swede » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:05 pm

Looks nice with a black car and fits your mafiosi image :lol:

PS: Ware always sets up the geometry as Group N for tarmac. The issue is that rather than making the front sharper, they make the back more unsettled.

Sure safer for normal drivers as making the front sharper only makes the car stick longer and react less smoothly when it lets go.
The Swede

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:11 pm

Torrekens wrote:Looks nice with a black car and fits your mafiosi image :lol:

PS: Ware always sets up the geometry as Group N for tarmac. The issue is that rather than making the front sharper, they make the back more unsettled.

Sure safer for normal drivers as making the front sharper only makes the car stick longer and react less smoothly when it lets go.

We had this conversation as i asked about dialling out the understeer completely,

If you do this the diffs aint doing what they should be doing!!Was explained they spent millions developing it so best left as "norm" as possible.
They also explained that the 9 diffs dont seem to work half as much as those on the old 6??

But what we did do was set it up so that you feel the back end / slide gradually 8) not the grip grip grip / SNAP-fook effect!!

Better send impooster there :lol:
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby danr55 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:21 pm

seems there's a million and one ways to set up the geo, the guys at steve hill also tried to explain the differences to me, but i also got lost with the technicalities !! was happy with their set up so will go back for it again at some point.
danr55
Site Owner

Postby danr55 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:22 pm

Spike, your car is crying out for gun metal alloys now !! :lol:
danr55
Site Owner

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:24 pm

danr55 wrote:seems there's a million and one ways to set up the geo, the guys at steve hill also tried to explain the differences to me, but i also got lost with the technicalities !! was happy with their set up so will go back for it again at some point.

Indeed , i know the feeling , the mechanic was really good,checked all my suspension parts an dbraces etc,

Walked me around under the car and explained how all the diifs worked and the driveshafts etc were controlled :shock: Clever stuff!!

I can now show you where the gearbox is,where the diffs are where the driveshafts connect up,etc etc,

Gotta say it was an enjoyable afternoon :thumb:

Apparently teh auto water spray will not spray under an ambient temp of 30degrees and only on full boost,and is therefore pretty useless over here!!!

Best to use the manual setting,what he did,nt know was maybe when they were re-mapped this may of been altered???

I will enquire :wink:
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:28 pm

danr55 wrote:Spike, your car is crying out for gun metal alloys now !! :lol:

see seperate thread , group buy??
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby The Swede » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:31 pm

Well, the central diff works half as hard as the chassis is more balanced and the AYC at the rear is helping out.

Driven a 6 though and you couldn't feel the intervention of the differentials as clearly as on the 8 or the 9 though.

What I found with the original set-up was that it is very vulnerable. If the geometry on the front goes a bit wrong, the whole thing is buggered as the rear was set up to be 'loose' too. Had this problem twice.

I've had the rear now put straighter for more traction. It really allows to play with the AYC on slippery roads as you can really bring whole car back in by accelerating mid corner to counter the slide (it feels a bit unnatural though as the first reaction on understeer is to lift off).

The nose I put much more aggressive, but that is only to compensate for the lack of grip in winter here and is pretty irrelevant for the UK.

Other negative thing about a more aggressive setting, is that it eats the front tyres away more than the rear. So it's advisable to swap front to back regularly.
The Swede

Postby POESY » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:32 pm

8) very 8)
POESY

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:39 pm

Torrekens wrote:Well, the central diff works half as hard as the chassis is more balanced and the AYC at the rear is helping out.

Driven a 6 though and you couldn't feel the intervention of the differentials as clearly as on the 8 or the 9 though.

What I found with the original set-up was that it is very vulnerable. If the geometry on the front goes a bit wrong, the whole thing is buggered as the rear was set up to be 'loose' too. Had this problem twice.

I've had the rear now put straighter for more traction. It really allows to play with the AYC on slippery roads as you can really bring whole car back in by accelerating mid corner to counter the slide (it feels a bit unnatural though as the first reaction on understeer is to lift off).

The nose I put much more aggressive, but that is only to compensate for the lack of grip in winter here and is pretty irrelevant for the UK.

Other negative thing about a more aggressive setting, is that it eats the front tyres away more than the rear. So it's advisable to swap front to back regularly.

He did explain as you have stated but said its ok for snow situation like yours,but for everyday on tarmac in london there is no point as all it will do is eat your tyres :wink:
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby The Swede » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:42 pm

True.

And the rear sometimes tries to overtake the front, even in a straight line :rofl:
The Swede

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:51 pm

Torrekens wrote:True.

And the rear sometimes tries to overtake the front, even in a straight line :rofl:

Bit like bro's fat ass :wink:
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby The Swede » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:19 pm

Talking about setting up the geometry. The bloke who did mine two weeks ago sure got the symmetry right. I thought it was bloody amazing.

Only two bottom screens are relevant as Camber and Toe-in.

The Swede

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:39 pm

Torrekens wrote:Talking about setting up the geometry. The bloke who did mine two weeks ago sure got the symmetry right. I thought it was bloody amazing.

Only two bottom screens are relevant as Camber and Toe-in.

Fook me!!! get a life Mr T!!! if it dont move photograph it :toofunny:

2 peices of cotton and a weight do teh same job :shock:
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby The Swede » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:50 pm

Guess why someone keeps calling me Anorak (2) :oops:
The Swede

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:30 pm

Torrekens wrote:Guess why someone keeps calling me Anorak (2) :oops:

we love an ANORAK on here mate :ok:
Crash bang wollop!!